Bosses are too hard

I didn’t feel like they were too hard.

I think there’s probably some scaling issues with certain classes.

the only boss that can be a real problem is that ice goat boss in malnok that just spams constant frost novas and hits like a truck, that was hell to do on a melee char at a low lvl.

Is just the druid, it doesn’t work, at least on beta lvl cap.

Play sorc or necro, you pwn everything on screen in no time.

It’s not, I convinced myself about the witch doctor in D3 was viable and no, it was broken, same for beta druid.

Rogue is a different story because you don’t have to melee to regenerate energy.

I wouldn’t say they are hard…just boring. I’ve played a rogue to 25 and my druid is now 22. Neither really come close to dying vs the boss, but the mechanics just aren’t interesting.

The druid is terribly slow at killing bosses but with my current build can just stand and spam the default attack from range on most of the end fights if I want to never take damage. I use wind shear, lightning storm, wolves, vines, hurricane, rabies with 1 piece of gear to regen hp in close combat and a ring with +3 life after kill. I almost never need a potion.

Bosses are fine, remove the timer.

Druid is the lowest dmg class.

Something that takes druid 2 minutes to kill, takes the Necromancer maybe 30-45 seconds

2 Likes

Feels challenging on some of them, only thing is i keep wondering how much easier it would be if i was currently playing Necro or Sorc instead of melee

My problem is the 2 levels of difficulty, I do not feel any difference.

Thanks, I will try necro next time. After level 17 it started to be possible to kill the bosses.

If you are “loosing” to every boss then the issue might be with you. I am not saying it is because I dont want to offend you, but yeah it’s you. Take a breath and think about your gear, enhancements, sockets, upgrades, skills, etc. That is the point of the game.

1 Like

Thanks, with storm and level 17 it was getting better. But the game present boss at level 9 that is impossible at that time.

no. some classes are untertuned.

Don’t Bro this guy. He’s a casual player, not you.

1 Like

For a rogue that’s a cool play style but for a Druid… not so much.

I’m also really having a hard time and battles take forever, hit, run away or dodge, another hit.
All the while looking out for a big attack from a boss.

Which is completely different from all the mobs in the world. Just as if they tuned the boss up not a little but multiple levels.

Sidenote: At lvl 10 there isn’t much to min/max.

Not true. It depends what class you’re playing. Some will end up full potions at the end and likely didn’t need to pick up any. Other classes cannot make a single mistake if they don’t want to die or run out of healing.

1 Like

Uh … I’m rarely that badly beat up after a boss fight … either it two-shots me, or I’ve got healing potions left.

The only class I’ve had any issues with so far is the Barb but even then it’s not that hard. Hit the space key to evade behind them or make sure your skills at least sort of complement each other. Also make sure you have gear that supports/boosts your current skills. I mean you can just grind dungeons or events if you need the gear. Make sure you use essences that match your current skills.

Alternatively you can try a different class. A Lightning only Sorcerer is a bit “I Win” at the moment, make sure you get gear and enhancements that boost chance of Crackling Energy. I went Arc Lash → Reduced cool downs; Chain Lightning → +25% chance of Crackling Energy on crit.; Teleport → Crackling Energy hits two extra enemies; Lightning Spear → Crackling Energy adds +20% damage up to 100%; Ball Lightning → Once Ball Lightning hits 50 times, its next cast stuns; Unstable Currents → +25% attack speed while active → While active, Crackling Energy pulses and consumes no charges. When Unstable Currents goes off I just do Basic attacks and the screen fills with Chain Lightning, Lightning Spear and Ball Lightning. Not to mention all the close enemies being hit by Crackling Energy.

A Necro that uses Hemorrhage, Corpse Explosition and Decrepify with a skeleton army. With the Necro use the skill enhancements that fortify and essences that boost skeleton attack speed.

Uninstalled. Not the game for me. Good luck everybody.