BLIZZARD: You Either Row This Boat Or It's Going To Sink

you guys never considered the fact that there is absolutely zero incentive for blizzard to change this?

you essentially picked a online game and asked for a single player offline mode, its not happening dude, this cost money, a lot of money, and they gain nothing out of it.

At that point they will simply ask you to pick another game, since you are no longer their target audience.

Yea these are the issues they’d have to solve before making a single player mode. That’s all I’m saying. They would have to alter some of the fundamentals of the game to compensate. Which in turn would mean completely different servers to house this new build for the game, which costs money, then you have maintenance, updates to implement not only to the base game but to this new version, etc.

The list goes on. If you look at it from a business standpoint, what do they have to gain from adding this in? If anything they would be losing money.

What fundamentals of the game would need to change? Its not has hard as you think. It is a simple line of code.

With the new system you are blocked from progresssion without word bosses.

Only WB drop those prisms that you need to put jewellery sockets in gear now.

Also if they ever make this single player offline it would probably after season 25 right before Diablo 5.

Again, you still need servers to house the new build of the game, without said lines of code.

So what’s more likely to happen, they buy completely new servers for some players that want a single player experience, or they add a rule in the game the players can checkmark upon creating a character that makes it so they can’t trade with anyone?

I’m not saying I’m against the idea of a single player mode, by all means I’m always for more options. However, realistically speaking, I don’t see it happening.

this is a facepalm moment…

It would take me an hour to do it.

time to send in your resume buddy

Nah, make more money doing what I do now, but it is not as hard as everyone thinks.

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream.
If you see a crocodile,
Don’t forget to scream.

A 12 gauge with 00 buckshot will fix a croc.

1 Like

The problem is Blizzard’s target audience is people who like clicking on menus and people dressing up their barbies. One person who spends hundreds on cosmetics is worth more than someone like me, who spent 35 dollars on a game and will NEVER buy cosmetic pieces or battle passes. I’d only cop out for a real expansion.

Hardcore deaths by connection interruptions should be automatically preserved. No excuse for no single player or private/coop experience. These are super old concepts even for this genre. If they added new enemies (not reskins), new ways to play the game (classes, features) new areas. They had a great idea with some world navigation ideas like cliffs, ladders, etc. Would like to see them take that to the next level.

has been there in diablo 2. has been abused by force disconnecting.

Yup, and one of the main reasons for a MP world is the cash shop. They know the people who buy that crap just wanna show it off to other players. It needs to be like Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. SP with the OPTION of MP.

Make it a stat, “This player has total DC’s.” Literally no normal gamer cares about someone disconnecting in a PVE game. Nobody cares. If you wanna be a dork and DC yourself then whatever. If it interrupts PVP, and someone DC’s, start timing them out.

Say you don’t know how writing code works without saying you don’t know how writing code works.

Ah yes, because that would not be horribly ab used by people not wanting to die in HC.
About to die? Pull the plug! :man_facepalming:

Why do you care about some dork doing that in this game?

You obviously don’t know how to code, but I’m like a super genius I guess.

Did you even watch the VoH expansion panel. The expansion will have a new class that we have never seen before.

I’m fine with that, but I also think the sequels should build off what they have.