Blizzard should take a good look at Class balance in season 5

Hopefully the expansion gives the massive reset the game needs.

I’m in full agreement there. Also explains why PTR is such a buggy mess. Nobody seems to have tested this before they launch. The Infernal Hordes dropping 2 items at the end… seriously? Who tested that? Nobody, that’s who.

2 Likes

It’s hilarious also all the thing said on the bash nerf, and cause only thanks to that new sword that is actually stronger, a sword that all the classes can use, yes, but the other class to use that sword must give up and change their entire build, lose tempering affixes, a core aspect etc…, and half of their weapon space, for a barb that sword simply take the place of a random generic 20%x multiplayer, that don’t chance in any way their build or the building process, the barb is the only class, maybe only reachable some times by the rob, when you can simply trow in a unique without think much of the downside, I guess, they have 3x the weapon space compared to other class, what do you expect

That’s a load of words that make no difference at all. At least, not a difference you would prefer. All you said is that if everyone is on equal footing with the same unique weapon then a barbarian will come out on top.

Congrats, you played yourself.

They’re yet to decide whether they want to sell a stimpack of powe-addiction package to people or an actual game

The first one probably brings $$ from some, and the second one keeps the game going

If they’re going for the first option there’s a portion of the early game that hasn’t been deleted enough, and if it’s the second then they should delete all torment tiers above 100 (forget they even exist) and balance all classes properly from scratch that reach their ceiling performance at around 70 or so

Must say hard decision :thinking:

1 Like

They really need to rework class balance. They need to remove these trillion damage bugs. They need to balance the crown of Lucion. They need to nerf flay barbs. They need to buff weaker builds from the rogues and necromancers to compete with their stronger builds without nerfing their stronger builds. And they need to buff Druids and Sorcs significantly. They also need to remove the one-shot mechanics from the Pit, and I think the Pit should be as it was in 1.4.2 difficulty. They should just increase the drop rate of masterworking material. They need to significantly tone down enemy health and damage in the Inferno Hordes and significantly buff (by 20x) the drop rates and the rewards at the end of each Inferno Hordes run. Currently, the inferno hordes will be dead on arrival if they do not make some number adjustments. They need to remove movement speed as a boon and replace it with 20x damage or something. They need to make the inferno hordes more accessible and more rewarding. They need to do the same thing with the pit. Make it more accessible and more rewarding. No more one-shot mechanics. No more overturned bosses. They need to increase the mob density in both activities. I think it’s problematic that there are gaps in between combat, and we can’t find enemies to fight.

4 Likes

They will just see oh Druid/Necros/Sorcs/Rogues doing a lot of damage, we need to nerf them.

And keep Barb at 0,5 trillion damage.

Thats exactly the issue. I dont think they are really competent enough to look through what is happening here (bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs) and when you fix them, you still have to baseline the classes!

You are very wrong and out of touch. They only nerfed bash because they added a unique that is helpful for other classes but would send bash through the stratosphere. Since barbs have seven trillion weapon slots, this is more than fair. Also, flay is the best barb build in the game and it got buffed. Whirlwind is the best speed farming build in the game, and it got giga buffed. Barbs are easily the most catered to class right now.

5 Likes

Hellborn are severely unbalanced in WT3/WT4. Not saying they shouldn’t be challenging but at the same time they need a serious balance overhaul in the higher World Tiers. The loot they drop is pretty lackluster too. Mostly rares that get salvaged or sold…

So you’re not just a barb main, you’re a sweaty barb main.

Blizzard baseline for buffs / nerfs:

Is Druid / Rogue / Sorc / Necro above Barb damage? Nerf by 30-50%. Buff Barbs by 50-100%

Is Barb now on top? Buff Barb by 25% more multiplicative.

The fact it’s basically been an ongoing meme and joke in the d4 community for a year now should show how inept the devs are at balance as a whole. Even if you removed all the bugs (it won’t ever happen, but let us be hypothetical), the baseline of the class, how it synergizes together, the aspects, skills, paragon, arsenal system all combine together to create an excellent package.

The Druid and Sorc boons / enchants don’t provide anywhere near enough from a class mechanic perspective to matter and the classes are not cohesive, while I dont have enough real hours on rogue to give it a good guage. These classes still have to many riders of Do X to get Y. Barb is usually just get Y, with virtually no effort involved. It’s many small things that add up to create the bigger imbalance. While the 2 weapons, addiotnal stats / tempers etc certainly make a HUUGE difference, it also provides barb with flexibility and freedom, since they can toy with those uniques more, or play with more aspects. The other classes have less slots and keep having their aspects convoluted more and so they keep pairing down to pick the absolute best modifiers. I don’t feel that pressure when I play my Barb or Rogue as much.

3 Likes

Barbs really need a buff, I refuse to play bash and ww bleed needs like 4 ubers to be playable.

I suspect its a joke but in case it’s not…

Sorc is unplayable no matter what gear you throw at him :rofl:

I wrote a post. It’s about bringing top end damage into line. It’s some math that basically stops builds from outpacing Blizzard nerfs by orders of magnitude.

The formula can turn a 10,000,000x damage spike into only an 8x, while not affecting 99% of other hits. Feedback is appreciated!

LOL not at all. Fresh bash, ww and even thorns does better than a well geared sorcerer in PTR. I gave up on sorcerer and tried the trash barb builds pretty quickly. Much easier time on barb and I am sure they will be at the top once again.

2 Likes

Obviously you haven’t seen the buffs to Flay barb, which as of season 4 was already the best build in the game and it only gets buffed in season 5, while all the best builds for the necro were nerfed into the ground. S tier necro builds suddenly became B tier. The vast majority of the game’s lifesoawn minions were underperforming and they finally made them competitive to the barb only to nerf them into the ground while the barb gets buffed higher. If 99% of players are playing barbs while sorcs and necros can barley compete then that is not healthy for the game. If you are playing necro in season 5 then you HAVE to play bone spirit because each and every other necro build was nerfed into the ground making them unusable. It’s ridiculous how Blizzard is dictating to us what classes/builds we want to play by making one class/build way more powerful than the others, and it’s not even close.

1 Like

Just give 4 weapon slots to every class.

This is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away of a solution.

Exist better ways to fix class balance.

These classes can’t be balanced because all classes have different aspect slot variables that scale their base damage. Barbarian class design is a mistake and belongs to a single-player game like Assassin’s Creed. The only solution is to give all classes the same slots. This is particularly important on weapon and jewellery slots. Barbarians can simply tank more additive damage than everyone else in the game and there is no other solution than to remove this variable or branch out this class from the game. The fact that they can slot the Droombringer, the Grand Father and two additional weapon slots with aspects, including a 2H, now with additional tempers and masterwork, is just wrong and filthy. All the other classes are literally Barbarian trophy wives, we are their minions. We don’t matter in this realm. Rogue is there on second place with an additional weapon slot that can fit an all-class mythic unique as well. The rest of the classes need to make a choice. It is very simple. The could have had the classes with the same base code and just change the name of the game objects and VFX on trigger. They probably have different teams on different classes and it is all a big mess. It is the only explanation because actually the game is very simple, it doesn’t have any complicated physics, everything is mostly collision.

1 Like

You are deranged if you think the problem with other-than-Barbarian class players is that they can’t build their character. There is plenty of data out there from both famous and niche players that says otherwise. I am glad you are having your bit of fun with your barb, good for you. But we aren’t having fun with you at all and this is a multiplayer game with different class categories, we should have the same value and possibilities. They need to not only nerf you, but to completely change the way your class works, the amount of weapons you have or they need to lock all of you up in Ked Bardu so the rest of us get a chance to game together alone. Good Bye. Ciao. Adios.