Blizzard should take a good look at Class balance in season 5

It’s not the same bugged interaction. There is something else in the chain. The difference between using the helm and not using the helm for barbs is like 1 billion and 2 billion dmg. The difference for sorcs is like in the millions and in the quadrillions. I don’t know Druid well but I’m guessing the same. So there is some other bug in the chain causing that.

Personally I think having generic uniques like this is the problem in the first place. Each class is going to get a different result because each class has different multipliers that work together with this stuff. This is why they always get goofed out math they didn’t expect and why they have to keep nerfing classes and putting caps that shouldn’t exist on class stuff. This is why classes always feel terrible. They are nerfing the wrong things to compensate for universal crap. Even sometimes it’s not universal crap. They still nerf the class based on an unexpected interaction with a piece of gear. That is the wrong way to balance and they will never get out of this hole they dug until they do complete reworks. It will always be bandaids that feel bad.

It’s just like in the past where they had to completely rework crit/vul/over power. Classes/skills that had poor access to vuln just couldn’t compete. Rather than giving better access to vuln, they reworked the system. Personally, and this is probably controversial, I prefer the days of crit/vuln. Gear is more boring to me now. Most of it is just junk and + modifiers and now feel bad moments with tempering. Before I had specific stuff to hunt. Now I see life per hit and life per second on damn near every piece of gear. It was much more satisfying to me when I got that crit/vuln piece.

2 Likes

So Mr. Barb. Let me set your mind at ease. I have extensively tested sorc on live, as well as testing sorc on PTR.

I will say it again since you don’t seem to get it. On PTR, the sorcerer’s survivability is cut drastically. His damage is also nerfed.

Stating the “top tier build is a sorc build” is disingenuous because it’s built on broken mechanics that any sane dev team would have patched out of patch 1.4 within a week.

Keep telling us sorcs are fine on PTR though. Maybe the reason you see so many on PTR is because people are verifying what we’ve already said on here - that sorcs kinda suck in PTR atm.

1 Like

This is true as well. It is a lot easier for a barb to wear more uniques than any other class. For non barb/ rogue classes they need to add an earring slot or something just to compensate for this.

1 Like

Yeah, the only thing I’m foolish for is wasting my time inputting anything into threads like this. A lot of barb players i would guess feel the same. Why even bother trying to have reasonable discourse with people like you.

Your sources: A bunch of mad sorc mains agreeing with you. wow, not anecdotal at all

your stance: Anarchist; burn it all to the ground because if sorc isn’t top no1 should be top

This is a total waste of my time.

1 Like

My take is that barbs are the gold standard. Even the devs have said that. They also said they want to bring other classes up to that level.

I don’t want barb nerfed. I want them to do what they said and bring other classes up to that level. I also want them to bring all skills up to a level that is at least in ball park of meta. There will always be a meta but there should not be the huge gap between meta and non meta that has been there for over a year. People should be able to play their class and skill fantasy and feel good playing it. Not struggle.

If they stop this swing meta bs of nerfing the top performers into the ground and buffing a single skill that no one plays each season. Instead just balancing it all to a baseline, eventually they might accomplish that. Blizz being blizz though would rather do this swing meta bs where only 1 or 2 skills per class can have fun each season. In some cases nothing for a class at all besides some busted perfect geared boring build that some math genius manages to find.

1 Like

My goodness the PTR is a train wreck right now. So many things are broken and unbalanced.

Blizz needs to just extend Season 4 and not have S5 be 2 months and take the extra time to fix the game and start the expansion with S5 and give us WT5 starting in S5.

Blizzard did this to themselves trying to make the game overly complex with different damage types, modifiers and triggers. i.e; vulerable, overpower, luckyhit, etc… Every optimized build is just a copy and paste from maxroll or some other website. Let’s be honest here, there is no customization. If you want to be competitive you play an optimized build.

Blizzard needs to get rid of all this stuff and go back to basics and re-examine what makes diablo 2 so good.

Just started a new sorc on d2 :slight_smile: man i love how simple, addictive and fun d2 still is.

4 Likes

I’d go one further and say if you just want to have basic end game fun, not even be able to push but just basic endgame, you need to play a meta build. Most other non meta skills are just not enough damage to do anything meaningful. At least not without some perfect gear that most people will never attain.

1 Like

I guess you cant read either… i play all classes not just Sorc. You cant bring your self to admit it … so scream louder kick harder and your opinion is still YOURE opinion.

My thought exactly. In my clan, everyone makes two classes per season. The one class they want to try out at the start of the season, and a barb when they realize that farming the pit is just faster and easier when they make one.

4 Likes

I actually made three this season. A minion Necro to try it out again, a Barb to actually farm, because that’s the class that gets the job done, and a Rogue to put on the tempers that the Barb needed.

3 Likes

They wanted to create the immortal wizard. It was warned in several feedbacks, including mine. They put a ridiculous cap of 75% and I don’t believe in the possibility They had wrong calculations. Because it was clear that it was possible to create the immortal magician, they just didn’t imagine that it would be able to cause so much damage due to so many bugs.

Every season the magician only caused damage with bugs. Electric ball, after being repaired, is dead in its current state. Now they’ve made absurd nerfs to the wizard’s survival. They’ve done away with both shields. I’d like an explanation.

They say the barbarian is difficult to balance because of the 4 weapons. This is easy to solve, create a belt and bracelet for the wizard. Shoulder pad for the druid etc. It’s very stupid. I don’t want every build to pit 150. That’s impossible. But 40 levels of difference is too big between classes.

4 Likes

Ohh hellborn. You are right. They are ridiculously powerful WT3-4 through level 80. However, the issue is the other way round at level 100. I have one shoot them. OW balance is a complete mess.

And yet barbs are still doing more damage than other classes. You’re not putting up the defense you think.

Barb has only ever been beat by bugged builds and even then there were barbs outperforming them.

It’s purely ridiculous to think the barb class has ever been in a bad state. Since day 1 barbs have been topping charts. Heck, Barb is the only class that could train every mob in a NMD and survive to one shot all of them together, including the bosses where they were available. That was week 2 of the game existing.

The fact you’re seeing bash do BILLIONS of damage and aside from a chain lightning bug no one else is even close…. LMAO.

1 Like

LOL barb main detected. Do you even play other classes to see their state? Jesus…

Barbarian need buff in coreskills. They are all useless support skills.

Stop with this shiit Barbarian need nerfs again and again. he got enought nerfs.

Just because you’re frustrated because you’re not able to build and play your class properly doesn’t mean you have to wish nerfs on the Barbarians to rob them of their fun. That’s really bad characterization from people who demand it.

Barbs are very strong - there is no doubt about that. Whilst other classes have maybe 1 or max 2 meta builds, barbs have like 4 (bash / rend / thorns / ww). It’s pretty cool actually to have so many options.

Clearly druids and sorcs need some massive work done on a fundamental level that does not factor in bugged interactions like the quadrillion damage we are seeing. This however should be done via the lens of the class itself (more aspects / additional stat stick etc).

1 Like

Yeah, the barb’s extra gear slots are getting stronger and stronger.

Set a baseline.
Balance all Skills.
Balance all Classes according to baseline.
Set a Threshold of MAX DPS
Insert Items and Balance within and under/up to that ceiling - never exceeding it.
Design Content within SANE parameters and thresholds in accord with predefined Skills and Item threshold ceilings, requiring more skill than flat DPS to achieve max Content level(geee imagine such a concept…)
Said “Max Content” is NOT 1000% to 10000% difference - it’s a mere dozens of % and largely relying on solid mechanics from both the Class design and Content design with a requirement that Players learn their class vs facetank or 1-shot.

On and on…
It’s so ridiculously easy to balance this game, it’s criminal.

2 Likes

All classes, across a bunch of skills, items etc. should be massively nerfed.
Completely reset the game balance and the numbers scaling. It is needed. You will never balance this game, with the current absurdity of multipliers and scaling that has run amok.

:100:

3 Likes

I mostly play barb,always have. Yes it’s the best class, but no it doesn’t need more nerfs. It’s not breaking the game. The other classes need buffs, significant buffs. It doesn’t make sense to make a class less fun so that others compare to it, make the other classes way more powerful, and by default, way more fun.

1 Like