Blizzard President Says Diablo 5 will not be a long wait

Gamerant posted this today
(Not allowed to post link)

Someone please tell Blizzard’s President that twitch says the game is dead. /sarcasm off

16 Likes

hehe i told you so.

Diablo 4 is a place holderrrr, they will milk it for 2-3 years and close it

30 Likes

My only wish is they select project leadership and designers that are committed to creating an ARPG, not this half-MMO, half-RPG mess they concocted for D4.

After a decade of D3, I have no idea how these guys shipped a game with no teleporting to dungeons, with dungeons that emphasized questing and ripe with backtracking, with no concept of how mob density should be in an ACTION-rpg, without a UI that supports a loot hunt, with such a poor loot framework etc.

You can see signs that their approach was flawed in almost every facet of the game.

20 Likes

nevermind
/20 characters

12 Likes

If its from Microsoft i WILL wait, but please NOT MMO, it needs to be a pure ARPG

8 Likes

Oh great. We’re moving to the Call of Duty business model.

24 Likes

diablo 2024
diablo 2025

6 Likes

This concerns me, if it took a decade to create D4, how much worse will D5 be without that decade of development? Will we get stick figures fighting stick figures, on a 2d plain? A never ending side-scrolling adventure with 3 classes like in Diablo 1? Diablo 5 - 16 bit.

12 Likes

Imagine a Diablo game every two years :grinning:

Diablo 5 Resurrection of the cash shop :laughing:

7 Likes

D5 coming out “not long” is probably the worst news we could have heard for Diablo 4…Where do you think all the Diablo dev team’s time and effort is going to be dedicated to now?

They literally sold 10 million copies of this game at $70 a pop, that’s $700 million. Excluding all the crap on the in game cash shop that kids buy with their mom’s credit card. So the suits over there at Activision probably already came up with the plan to just re-skin the D4 engine, make a few tweaks and call it D5…so probably most of the d4 devs have already been reassigned to d5.

They will be milking this cash cow for all it’s worth.

I wonder if they realize how badly they’ve alienated their player base with D4?

i sure as fudge won’t be buying D5.

(edited for my l33t maths skills haha)

34 Likes

Glad they back their products… Also, please hire people who want to play/test the product.

Please do 1 year of closed beta tests

Its finally confirmed we will GET Diablo 5 so its a START

Who does he think will buy D5?

There reputation is completely tanked. They have to massively turn D4 around, to even hope to sell D5.

26 Likes

D3 was trash and people still bought D4

7 Likes

Lmfao this clown thinks this is a good thing.

1 Like

Diablo 5: Return of the Auction House.

8 Likes

Who? The incredibly naive and lenient people as you can see in the comments. I was among one of them until I experienced both DI and D4 back to back. No longer buying another Blizzard game.

9 Likes

They did a lot of work on D3 to get players trust back. RoS and Seasons saved the franchise.

They wont get that opportunity with D4. Market is oversaturated with actual good games and players dont give games seconds chances like they used to.

10 Likes

I will never purchase another Blizzard product, EVER, due to patch 1.1 and how Diablo 4 has been released.

Kthx bye.

13 Likes

They will never learn from their mistakes, profits over quality.

7 Likes