Blizzard Listening to Feedback on Season of the Construct

Frankly I find puzzles to be fun and a nice break from the monotony. Unfortunately, too many instant gratification types scream the loudest and the end result is usually a mindless, boring game.

2 Likes

Suddenly sitting in a corner as a Trap goes off is a Puzzle? Hmmm, what to do what to doā€¦

6 Likes

Pls look at this feedback Bliz with solutions

DEV Feedback: Why Traps dont work :mouse_trap: - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

I meanā€¦ with everyone wanting to quit playing at the same time I donā€™t see how they couldnā€™t hear.

That is a good thing. Having updates released that have been solved for weeks really sucks imo. They just need to hire better or more people to test in house.

2 Likes

You have two polar opposite opinions thereā€¦ one person loves traps and how they slow down gameplay and make you pay attention to the meticulous movements.

Everyone else kind of hates how they slow down gameplay, how tedious it is to pinpoint move in the game engine and how unrewarding the season feels overall.

That one guy vs an overwhelming majorityā€¦ they probably wont change much.

1 Like

I think the thing that actually might move needle and get us emergency fix is that it just doesnt work. You have traps you must avoid or get less loot but you cant see them. They are covered by mobs or other affects or whatever. You just cant avoid it all unless you progress like molasses and then is it even worth it? You could have completed 2 other vaults by then just moving fast.

One guy made a great point as a rabies / poison druid. He poisons whole screen and they dont die for awhile so whole screen is green poisoned mobs running around coveringtraps and now he has to dodge these floor traps? How was this not spotted as an issue???

Somebody should do some actual tests.

Run vaults for 15 min going as fast as possible and track results.
Run vaults for 15 min avoiding all traps and track results.

1 Like

Why is that silly? Any one with half a brain could start digging into the ā€œwhyā€ people dont like (re)leveling - look at how reknown was changed or campaign skip added. They have content that players do not likeā€¦ what is it players dont like, what are we trying to get players to feel leveling (if its a narrative of powering up, becoming an ā€œend gameā€ giantā€¦ maybe we need to look at how we are pacing that or how we introduce and layer in new things.

As to seasons, heck yes get rid of the stupid warding buffs/interaction with traps. Its a fail, its like a restaurant massively changing its menu. Yes its a new taste to the menuā€¦ but it tastes very bad and customers wont keep coming back for it.

1 Like

You need to rework the entire game to make it not based around releveling or reset while keeping the grind. Something like raising the item power cap and mob strength every season so people are forced to regrind their gear.

Not sure you read what I wrote or I communicated it well:

OR change the pace of leveling or the power you gain when levelingā€¦ if leveling amounts to ā€œgo kill 100,000 monstersā€, doing those monsters 1 by 1 is tediousā€¦ if you can more quickly get from hobbit to lord Sauron weilding you mace and watching the petty mortals flyā€¦ leveling becomes a lot more funā€¦ again I point back to D3. Having a challenge cache and letting you level with legendary powers in the cube (and more recently with max level gear on a level 1) changing the leveling dynamic greatlyā€¦ now the focus is not on a long drawn out 1-70ā€¦ lets juice this up and speed through leveling in 20 minutes.

D4 feels very very very bland until much much later on in the paragon progressionā€¦ maybe the XP curve needs adjusting from 1-50 reduce time by at least 50%, 50-75 dont change, then 75-90 start extending, with 90-100 being omg wtf long tailed grinds (or even 1-100 being short but having ā€œprestigeā€ levels after that for cosmetics which are super super long.

The problem is how people feel.

blizzard has ā€œlistenedā€ to feedback since March 2023ā€¦

where did that get you?

chasing the carrot still? ā€œs4 will be betterā€ ā€œs5 will be amazingā€

manā€¦ just let go already

3 Likes

20 mins of 1-100 is not a well design game (aRPG), just remove leveling altogether and move into an ā€œitem powerā€ based system ala Destiny or something.

Actually, after all this time I am convinced that they are really NOT playing this game - theyā€™re just saying they are. Several things that are contradictory to what theyā€™ve said in the past; only ancestral drops in WT4 and talking about really looking at the builds to find balance but the bugs persist, to name a few.

I have actually started dreading patches coz I just know something wrong is going to happen! :rofl:

Getting rid of levelingā€¦ while still giving out skill and paragon points incrementally. Do you see why itā€™s silly?

Get rid of a freshly released seasonal system, not just the buff, I said mechanicsā€¦ the whole season. Thatā€™s silly because 1st they spent a lot of money developing it and 2nd because itā€™s a season: it is already going away.

Thatā€™s not good feedback. Thatā€™s the opposite of good feedback.

1 Like

Not all feedback is good. Some ppl have wild ideas. Even mine are bad sometimes. They can sift through it and figure it out. Most good ideas have more than 1 presenter.

Why would they have internal games they have to pay when they could get the community to do it for free as the community PAYS them 25 dollars for skins and 60+ dollar expansions?

We donā€™t do testing around here bub.

• Blizzard
1 Like

Sometimes the illusion of choice, or illusions of breadth of gameplay actually feels good (as long as the illusion is not dispelled)ā€¦ put another way we need lows to appreciate highs. This is what I was trying to emphasize, for me progression in gaming is what feels good, that feeling of winning of getting better. Going slow through leveling or not gaining those meaningful milestone progress is what feels bad. e.g going from rank 4-5 in hota at low levelsā€¦ doing 400 vs 450 damage (whatever the numbers are) you dont notice. You only notice one shotting everything vs taking 2-3 hits to kill things (thats a big step backwards no matter what the numbers say).

Having different things or problems to solve is goodā€¦ we donā€™t just want to log in and press 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 and blindly win any/everything. We want challenges in gaming, the nuance is in to what degree things should be challenging and how much can you short cut though challenges with knowledge/skill ā€œhaha it was supposed to be a one hour thing, I did it in 10 mins, I feel good now because I am better than what was expectedā€.

Thats why we read maxroll or watch streamersā€¦ if they have dumped 100 hours into this game, well Iā€™ll just watch/read for 10 minutes and now my progress will match theirs in an hour, and I did it much quicker than themā€¦ I donā€™t need to test out every iteration (which is super boring) I can just jump in and smash out the milestones in a couple hoursā€¦ maybe then you realise ā€œoh I actually like this variation better, than what the streamer/article said and tangent off that wayā€.

Where D4 is falling short for me is who they are listing to to determine all thatā€¦ its a series of tug-of-war within the D4 community with each player being unique and liking different things. Their task is to present a game we all enjoy.

Do you want content sooner or do you want blizzard playing it for a year internally before we release it?

I am not sure which is the right approach, to be fair to the Devs, they certainly have been changing things ā€œeventuallyā€. They just havenā€™t made ALL the changes I personally want (I am mature enough to understand thats not feasible and will just leave once I have had my fill on the current season).

Yep. PTR is desperately needed with this dev team.