Blizzard has body-shamed the succubi

In every other Diablo game, the Succubi are free to go topless as they please, but their rights to bodily expression have been revoked in D4. Is this even a Diablo game?

Sad to see body shaming in my favorite series of games.

Restore succubi dignity!

96 Likes

Yeah…

Honestly, before this devolves into ye olde ‘wokeness’ discourse, it’s frustrating to see companies boiling every tiny bit of sex appeal and titillation out of their games because of a vocal minority of sex negative feminists (a minority even within feminism) who will pretend that the sky is falling on Twitter because there’s a tiny amount of breast or thigh visible in an optional outfit.

51 Likes

If it was a dude in a dress showing a breast or thigh in said optional outfit, it’d be 100% on metacritic, even tho no one can play the game.

15 Likes

Even demons need to cover up nowadays its a sad state of affairs.

8 Likes

“Gaming journalists” from IGN, Kotaku, or Polygon would give the game 100% for certain since we know for sure none of their employers actually play games.

4 Likes

Sickening gore = A-OK!
Showing some skin = Omg the horror!!

27 Likes

both lilith and the sorcerer outfits are revealing af if you want to oogle something there you go.

4 Likes

Look at the bright side, at least she doesn’t have a manface like the Amazon in D2R. That face still gives me nightmares.

9 Likes

succubi seem to change so much each game. You had birds in D2 remember?

I like the cute naked ones in D1

1 Like

Lol no they aren’t barb female is probably the most revealing of the bunch.

2 Likes

VIOLENCE GOOD
SEX BAD
Welcome to america.

19 Likes

We used to be able to have both at least in videogames. Sometimes I really wonder how we ended up in this horribly bland “no fun allowed” timeline.

6 Likes

Don’t. F’ing. Tempt. Them.

Honestly, the dark vibe took a lot of attention away from the exposed bodies… Back in D1 when you died, you could literally popcorn your items everywhere. For me, growing past the “hehehehe tiddies” phase, and learning to appreciate subtlety was an iconic moment for me.

There’s like thousands of demons without a shirt, but none of them are female. This is gender bias!

3 Likes

Actually, it’s so they can sell the game in China.

9 Likes

IMO the dark vibe was enhanced by the exposed bodies. It enhanced the visceral feel. Also, agreed with the point about gender bias, show it all I say! I’ve played since D1 (used to be a PKBH/PKPK), and simply miss some of the more mature audience elements since that time, including some truly frustrating and unforgiving game mechanics.

1 Like

Women got rights in America =
Women have voices =
Cancel Cutlure scaring companies into potential-financial risk submission =
this shih right here.

Plus there are other markets they want to reach that won’t accept that stuff. Like the Middle East or China.

1 Like

Not sure how this is relevant at all…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s because of the conservative Chinese market that doesn’t like any sort of nudity, blood, or bones.

And yet the game is drenched in gore.

2 Likes

because that was the feedback from D3; they had toned gore down so much that it didn’t feel dark enough. If they kept appealing to China in that area, they’d lose everyone else.

In terms of nudity, they can keep appealing to Chinese standards without any compromise to Western markets. If people started saying “I’m not playing another Diablo game until I can see some side-boob / bulge” then they might reconsider their strategy; but I personally don’t see that happening.