BL confirmed bugged by Devs (Apologies requested)

almost as good as the mental gymnastics the people on these forums perform to call a magical construct a robot and not part of diablo lore.

1 Like

It wasnt a bug they overbuffed it

Quite entertaining…

2 Likes

But isn’t a bug defined as an error in a computer program? It doesn’t specify who created it, just says it’s an error.

So yeah, Blizzard can mess up and it’s still a bug.

The thing is it’s impossible to tell whether or not this was intentional which is the issue with them not being upfront about these things.

1 Like

yeah get the hell over yourself dood

If something’s not working as intended, it’s considered a bug. Icy Veins even knew it was a bug from the beginning, in their explanation of why it is highly recommended:

“Tibault’s Will is currently bugged. The Maximum Resource affix on these Unique Pants increases maximum Combo Points for Rogues, instead of Maximum Energy. Each added Combo Point increases base damage when used with a Core Skill, as well as the unique bonus of each Core Skill, such as additional Movement Speed for [Twisting Blades]. This bug has a greater benefit for the [Dual Core Rapid Fire Flurry build], as up to 22 Combo Points can be obtained to fire 27 arrows in one cast of [Rapid Fire] with a huge base damage increase! Enhance this bug with Condemnation for a 30% to max out Combo Points. The tooltip for Condemnation is wrong, as it completely fills all Combo Points instead of generating only 3 Combo Points.”

I think both ball lightning and tibaults interaction were clearly bugged.

How people are loosely defining a bug, I guess overpower was a bug also (lolz).

Kinda strange how the people asking for apologies are those same select members of the d4 circle jerk fan club that feel the obsessive need to post on every thread

:thinking:

1 Like

Well, every person on this thread including myself have been involved with mud slinging at one point or another.

control F - type in bug - see what pops up.

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue where Tibault’s Will increased the cap for combo points.

Don’t see overpower problem.

Barbarian

• Fixed an issue where the Bone Breaker legendary paragon node didn’t have a buff indicator.
  • Fixed an issue where the guaranteed overpower from the Earthstriker aspect could trigger on Basic attacks.
  • Fixed an issue where Charge cast by Ancients spawned by the Aspect of Ancestral Charge did not trigger explosions from the Brawler’s aspect.
  • Fixed an issue where Hammer of the Ancients was dealing more damage than intended due to the bonus from the Violent upgrade also being applied even if the Furious upgrade was chosen.

Druid

• Fixed an issue where the tooltip for Envenom displayed its damage bonus as additive, when it was multiplicative.
  • Fixed an issue where Enhanced Ravens wasn’t increasing Critical Strike Chance to enemies hit.
  • Fixed an issue where the Dire Wolf’s Aspect did not specify that it also made Grizzly Rage function as a Werewolf skill.

Good luck with that one :stuck_out_tongue:

It was definitely NOT working as intended, but the bug was in the developer’s work and not the game engine. So I guess there’s a grey area.

I shoulda put this in main post. Thx!

I think I will.

Devs literally called it bugged interaction. You are not just dying on this hill. You got rezzed and died again. Hilarious! Oh man I love being right so much on this.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Enhanced ball lightning node, if you test it with multiple dummies, appears to be doing exactly what it says. If you go from no attack speed bonus to a 12.5 bonus, you get about 25% more zaps than you used to, but it’s a bit hard to quantify. People also seem to forget that they increased BL’s base damage by 4-5x this season, which is a big part of the reason it did well.

Tibaults just seems like a case of not realizing the ramifications of combo points being coded as resources, similar to bone prison previously being coded as a minion (which had unintended consequences).

If something does exactly what it has been coded to do (and the coder intended), but the ramifications weren’t foreseen, I’m not entirely sure that qualifies as a bug.

Legendary level post. Plus a million!!!
+1,000,000!!!
:heart::heart::heart: u so much

When I am this wrong I just admit it like adult. Apologize and move on. Poor contalt cant do it. 100% proven wrong. Devs said bug. He says nuh-uh I still right. Im on floor rolling around in glee.

3 Likes

Unless you were abusing wierd poison interactions and TB then the combo point quirk seemed to me to basically just make my rogue more viable and never even slightly felt OP, underpowered still if anything, just not vastly underpowered for the build I was using (RF + Flurry).

I notice no mention of the interaction between crossbows and weapon master where it seems the stats from each do not sum (think the highest seems to be in effect, or maybe the last one applied when enumerating contributions). I guess its a bug where we loose so they do not care.

Compared to my BL sorc - it was still mostly useless and gave up with it.

1 Like

I don’t know of this one and didn’t see any reports on it in the bug forum. Doesn’t mean they don’t know about it, but I do know they go through the bug forums especially right after a major patch.

It is subtle - equip a cross bow then check with/without 3 weapon master points and you will find the damage change is not what can be expected. Basically if you use a crossbow, assign the 3 points elsewhere as it seems to be a useless skill.

The issue may even apply to any weapon that carries the same intrinsic attribute as whatever weapon master gives to the weapon type.

I get it may well be way way below the threshold of their likely attention to detail, but if playing a rogue scratching around for every little bit of extra damage from your crossbow - it matters. For now, assign the points elsewhere as it seems to be a useless wasted skill.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am going Necro this season, but I may make a rogue as well so this is good to know thank you.

I have played a bow wielding character in my primary in every game of this type that I have ever played.

For the first time next season after what they done elsewhere in the class, it may be my first time ever not to main as a bow wielder as it now looks so bad and/or the play style looks excessively clunky. Rogue feels massively challenged from a resource recovery perspective (and thus ability to actually use a damaging instead of tickling skill) and seems very stop/go and awkward.

TBH other than BL and its build entirely around massive CD/crackle mana regen - many classes/builds in D4 seem clunky and just seem to flow badly.

2 Likes