BL confirmed bugged by Devs (Apologies requested)

So the verdict is in. Ball lightning was bugged guys. All Those saying it wasnt were wrongy Mcwrongerson.

Latest patch notes.

• Fixed an issue where Ball Lightning was dealing far more damage than intended.

You can go ahead and apologize here “the its not bugged BL camp!”

Told you it was bugged!

Playing it for 5 minutes you knew!

I await your humble apologies!!!
:pray:

More proof was bug fix. Thx Phatty:

6 Likes

Well, well, well. I remember.

Gonna get some popcorn and see this thread blow up

20 characters

2 Likes

I’m waiting for this too. Doubt we’re gonna see anyone step up though.

1 Like

I remember also lol.

Share some of that popcorn.

1 Like

Ball Lightning

• Enhanced Ball Lightning changed to have its attack rate increase with attack speed, up to 25%.

They made a change to ball lightning and it did more damage then they expected. They made the 200% bonus to a 25% bonus. That still isn’t a bugged interaction. That is just them not balancing it properly…

4 Likes

You’re right that the part you’re referencing here is a balance change but it is a balance change in addition to a bug fix, one (the balance change) that was honestly compleatly uncalled for and perfectly illustrates that the devs have no idea how to balance things properly.

1 Like

however, it was “fixed”.

• Fixed an issue where Ball Lightning was dealing far more damage than intended.

Developer’s Note: Ball Lightning was dealing an unintended amount of damage because of its Enhanced upgrade. This bug fix returns the amount of damage done by this Skill to intended quantities.

This bug fix returns the amount of damage done by this Skill to intended quantities.*

bug fix

2 Likes

thank god right? it definitely need a nerf

Yeah, but it’s a bug.

1 Like

No it didn’t, it needed a bug fix (which according to Raxx is removing a x10 multiplier) and to lose the massive boost from the seasonal mechanics but any actual nerf at this point in time is completely unreasonable.

ofcourse they are going to call it a bug. they made an intentional change without testing it and it performed way above their expectations. but they changed it to be that ridiculous. you think they are going to say we made it overpowered and messed up, we changed it to make it worse.

2 Likes

Adam Jackson said it as a bug it the last Campfire. Timestamped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bic-HKs25I&t=5514s

If you are looking for the word “bug”, this is where you can find it.

1 Like

They would never just say it was bugged to disguise a nerf, right?

1 Like

What do you think about Rogue’s case with Tibault’s and combo points? It’s listed as a bug in the patch notes and it’s nerfed because of that.

Getting more combo points than should be possible vs more damage? hmm tough call.

So you are double downing that this wasn’t a bug?

2 Likes

yes not a bugged interaction. they made the change and then didnt like how it turned out. they call it a bug instead of admitting they messed up.

Your mental gymnastics are of legendary level.

Gold medal awarded.

Where’s my popcorn.

2 Likes

ball lightning had too many proc rate vs atack speed

it turned out when league launched
call it bug or overbuffed ability

but its on devs to apologize

I know nothing of this bugged BL, but I will say Tibaults was not bugged and there was no need to change the rogue interaction of combo points, change my mind! I will forever miss you 20+ combo points… sniff  I promised myself I wouldn’t cry. Promise broken.