Beta feedback Necromancer Skeletons visuals

I have seen early gameplay videos of the Necromancer’s Skeletons minions and they looked much better before. Kind of make me jealous of the skeleton mobs I encounter while exploring. The glowing cyan color reminds me of the Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls skeletons and not in a good way. My minions should look dark and not glowing mess and if it was designed this way so I could spot them in the screen much easier then let me have an option to turn it on and off or get rid of the cyan glowing color and make the eyes glow instead with something at the top of the minions head (like a dot) so I can spot them. This would make them more visually pleasing.

I know that most likely down the road a cosmetic will be sold so I can change the appearance of the minions, but the basic cosmetic shouldn’t look this way.

Also why is my screen full of “corpses” that look like McRibs all over the place? This is the same system that Diablo 3 used and it’s not good. I should be able to use the actual corpses left behind by the mobs I killed and if for example I blasted a mob into smithereens then I shouldn’t be able to use that corpse.

2 Likes

Agree with this. Im mad a game in the 90s gets it right better than 2023.

1 Like

Agree 100% The summons are just like the D3 summons , shame they did not put some effort into making them match the rest of the game… this has made me think twice about even buying the game sadly , Diablo 2 R is the true diablo game it seems.

i did try Druid after but it is Zzzzzzz.

i have even logged out of the beta on a saturday morning… and playing X4 foundations that’s not a good sign.

1 Like

I completely agree. The appearance of the skeletons needs improvement, and their disappearing and reappearing during cutscenes disrupts the immersion. This issue requires attention.

The AI feels kinda bad too and they don’t respond to force move. Boss aggro on skellies is all over the place. There doesn’t really seem to be any incentive to run them in the late game. Not really a huge difference between skirmishers and reapers either. Everything about them seems copy pasted over from D3, and 0 people run summon necro in D3

Agree cartoonish hell, gtfo with D3 stuff. Everything in D3 is just bad and awful, cartoon look and gameplay for 2 days.

I really want to see D4 gameplay and the milions of damage that will be so bad.