Beta Feedback - All Classes Played

Played both weekends. Necro to 25, Rogue to 25, Druid to 24, Sorcerer to 17, Barbarian to 15.

Melee feels punished during leveling process for sure. There needs to be some built in mitigations for barbarian, werewolf, and werebear specifically around boss encounters at the very least. Two of the strongholds just felt absolutely awful to play with melee. As content scales with level, you can’t even just outlevel it.

Druid and Barbarian both don’t get their class effects at 15 in beta. Each other class had a noticeable difference in capability once that was hit. If the same applies to these two, that would definitely make them feel better leveling past that point. All that said, both of these felt real bad compared to Necro and Sorc which just dominated. I felt like I took more risk with Druid and Barbarian and got no payout for it. Reading up on what they both get at 15, I don’t feel like either effect would have had the same level of difference as combo points or fireball enchant.

Respeccing was fun, but already cost too much at level 25. If the gear at max level, uniques and such, along with the affixes we can add from completing dungeons are build defining, having the ability to respec be unreasonably expensive is not fun. If werebear is unplayable till I get a piece of gear, I don’t feel like I can even level with something else till I get that then respec.

Suggestion - Put a timegate on respec where one is free every so often. Have it scale with level. Maybe 4-12 hours at max level you can do a free respec. This still allows you to respec with new gear, but not respec constantly unless you want to burn through gold.

Druid and Barbarian need more damage prior to getting legendary gear. Just up the base numbers for leveling, and change the scaling with gear so it balances out how you want at endgame. If things stay the same, I’d play one of the other 3 classes, unlock all renown rewards, dungeons, some gear, and then go back for Barbarian and Druid as that would honestly be faster then just leveling them up as a first character. That feels real bad.