Bash Builds Are Going to Hell Now in S5 PTR?

So, is the Bash Barb build officially dead in S5? Anyone knows? I thought I did not see much in the ptr note. I do not want to participate in the ptr testing, so I hope someone can share some info sooner than S5’s official release.

I am playing a double swing bash thorn barb with dust devil in S4 now. I started with frenzy instead of bash but felt it was necessary to switch to bash because of a horrible tormented Duriel rotation run. How horrible could that be? Well, that is a story for another day. I always keep my seasonal characters and continue to play them in the Eternal, so I want to know whether I should just go back to the frenzy - double swing - thorn build with dust devil.
I also have a double hander bash barb who was originally a HotA barb with bash from S3. I was happy that Blizzard happened to buff my build without me choosing a new skill at all. I started with bash + HotA at the very beginning of S3. At this point, I am not sure what I can do with this build. I love him. Lol. I don’t want to give up on him, and I also do not want him to change his skills dramatically.

I hope bash build is not following HotA’s destiny to the dust while I am not supprised at all if it happens. D4 needs to have some nice builds that can stay around. I do not like this up and down experience. I dare the dev team to just nerf whatever new build they want to create or promote in the future. Just slash the damage potential by 50% of the original design and then release it, then they probably will land some pretty awesome build ideas for us. I am really tired of this creating a super strong build per season only to nerf it to dust cycle. It needs to stop ASAP!

Pretty dead, but all the bosses on PTR are bugged and have way too much life, so hard to tell. My bash temper on my 2h axe went from 486% to 86%. Imagine every temper getting tempered like that, lol. It’s a big dps lose. I switched to WW on ptr. Feels good.

2 Likes

It is really sad to hear that, but thanks!

just watch Rob he breaks the game on a daily

As a “build”? Yes.
As a skill? No, Bash is still alright, especially for a Basic skill.

You will need to dedicate 4x Weapon Tempers to it if you want decent damage. But decent damage from a Basic skill usually isn’t a goal.

The new Temper is (+)20% max at Tier 3.

The new unique sword introduces yet another 300% multiplier for basics…so not entirely sure…

which sword does that?

Shard of Verathiel

• All Stats
  • to Basic Skills
    +% Basic Attack Speed
  • Maximum Resource
    Basic Skills deal [100 – 300]%(x) increased damage but additionally cost 25 Primary Resource.

I haven’t found it on PTR yet…but the fact that it is on a sword all classes can use, means Paingorgers, Moonrise and Adpatability can be stacked with this one.

2 Likes

is it a 1h or 2h sword? pretty powerful if its a 1h

It does not state explicitly if 1h or 2h but ALL classes can use it so it leads me to believe it is a 1H.
Like Rogue does not have an option to use 2H swords.

1 Like

thats pretty good. seems like with that then basic attack builds are still going to be very powerful

that is far more important than paingorgers. paingorgers is entirely optional with some basic builds because you have to use a non-basic skill to proc it

It is almost comical that these devs don’t see issue with this. :joy:

Unless it is super rare and even still.

1 Like

now i see how wudi was hitting for 5-6bil a hit with heartseeker build

3 Likes

They killed a bunch of builds. Boosted a couple others but Bash will out perform sorc still because sorc is crappier than ever so I really hope they make a ton of changes.

1 Like

My bash went from 20-30 million to 5-10 million. With a bit of tweaking I got it higher. It’s still viable but maybe not the meta anymore.

I’d love to try a deathblow build with the new sword but it seems it’s a drop without the infernal hordes thing and farming up the compasses and scrolls is just tedious.

What a joke. Just continued incompetence all around.

I have yet to find one of those swords on ptr (or half of the other new items). Maybe it helps. Maybe not. Perhaps i’ll find out next season, lol.

2 Likes

I do not fully agree with this logic. What is wrong with Basic skills? Given that we will all always have the same skill points to go deep enough into the skill tree, why does it matter if it is a basic or core? Core skills must be stronger for their name sake? I don’t get it.

I have seen it in videos, but I am not too hyped given the resource cost. I run Selig on my bash barb, so I never die while I am smashing. I don’t care about the damage loss due to using Selig. I just don’t like character death. That is my thing, and I play softcore only. Lol

1 Like

I think Rob made bash good again with that sword. Didn’t see it but heard it. Also the resource cost is easily negatable

2 Likes