Barbarian Aspect of Ancestral Charge bugged

The Aspect of Ancestral Charge for Barbarian (the one that has 4 Ancients Charge along with you) randomly stops activating while charging. Outside of Gauntlet unequipping/reequipping the weapon the Aspect is imprinted on fixes the problem temporarily (until it randomly bugs out again). I tried changing which gear the aspect is imprinted on, but this didn’t help.

Also, there seems to be no obvious trigger to the glitch. I’ve tried using various other skills prior to or after charging to see if it glitches, also tried checking if slamming into walls or terrain glitches… Nothing consistent presents itself as a cause.

This glitch started happening yesterday, far less frequently than it is happening today. Maybe has something to do with the clan glitch? I’m both in and not in my clan, while a clanmate I’m running with isn’t having the same problem - either with Charge Aspect or with clans.

Hoping this can be fixed soon, thank you.

21 Likes

I second that, just noticed it in this weeks gauntlet after patch.

First i thought Charge CDR from Power charge stopped working, but after a while i started missing those ancients running alongside with me. that explains why i wasn’t hitting monsters in the first place for the CDR to proc.

Tested with no shrine effects, buffs or debuffs active in gauntlet and in a random NMD, Ancestral charge just stops working.

Unequipping and re-equipping the item with the aspect fixes it on the spot, until it happens again shortly after.

(Edit): I talked to some other Barbs and this bug seems to happen mostly/only with the Ring of the Ravenous equipped

3 Likes

I am having the same issue, but I do not have ring of the ravenous equipped. Once I was out of the gauntlet, ancestral charge worked just fine without me swapping out weapons. Not sure what’s going on, but hopefully it is fixed soon.

2 Likes

after the update i have the same problem that my charge aspect no longer works … only when i die in the gauntlet does the charge aspect work properly again

1 Like

Yes I have the same issue. I also do not have Ring of the a ravenous equipped. When I’m in a NMD is when it does not work. Upon leaving the dungeon it works just fine. Hoping to see a fix asap.

I just logged on after patch and it was bugged on me straight away. I thought I had unequipped the mace it was on by mistake. I don’t have the ring of the ravenous equipped. This happened in a helltide, I unequipped/reequipped and it fixed it. So I tried a NM vault and it bugged out first charge, I did the same thing unequip etc and it came good but bugged out shortly after.

Same issue, I already posted about it.

1 Like

I have the same issue :frowning_face:

1 Like

Same issue here, wtf theyre waiting to correct it, it’s a REAL problem that significantly impacts gameplay… not just a minor issue.
Correct it.

2 Likes

Blizzard you need to revert to the previous patch until you can fix all the issues you’ve caused with the current one if you’re not going to release immediate fixes.

1 Like

The same issue here, the bug is not related to any other unique items in my case. It is pretty annoying, especially as i play hardcore barb. It started happaning yesterday. Previously i had no such issue. Re-equipping the aspect item solves the problem temporarily.

Same here. Unequipping the item and then equipping it back seems to work for me, but it still bugs out from time to time. Not a fix in the slightest. Real bummer because I rely on that a ton.

1 Like

Blizzard, stop worrying about “Leaderboard Legends” that will 100% all be cheaters/exploiters anyway and focus your efforts of fixing things you broke, that directly affect your player base and take away the few fun elements you have left in this game.

1 Like

hope blizzard fixes this bug very soon … without charge the barb is unplayable …

4 Likes

Same issue here.

Don’t make us wait weeks for another issue you caused.

1 Like

Ive noticed it seems to disable the aspect when trying to activate it within a confined area that wont allow for all 3 ancestors to charge, such as within doorways and tight hallways. Anyone else?

2 Likes

Day THREE of an issue YOU caused BLIZZARD and no FIX, no UPDATES, no COMMUNICATION whatsoever. GREAT customer service.

3 Likes

Same issue, no ring of rav equipped.

I too am having the same problem, glad to know I’m not the only one

Gotta love it! Patch for bug fixes and it’s purely about the gauntlet and nothing about the fact that HotA/Charge Barb is completely broken right now.