Banned for use of malicious 3rd party software

Banned about an hour ago. Never used any overlays or 3rd party programs. My eternal realm character is a level 86 sorceress that is far from min/maxxed. My S1 barbarian is only level 62, doesn’t even have full ancient gear, doesn’t have full upgrades or aspects, and only has 1 million gold. I’m slowly playing D4 with my friends and family and have no idea why my account was swept up by Warden or whatever Blizzard uses nowadays. For all the people that say only cheaters or botters or people that use overlays or the season realm exploit get banned, well I didn’t. If I did, wouldn’t I be richer and my gear better or my character levels higher? Anyways, believe me or not. This is a false positive ban. I filed a ticket. If my ban isn’t overturned I’ve decided I’ll just finish Mass Effect 2 or something. I have no interest in regrinding renown and redoing campaign to potentially get banned again by whatever is on my computer that Warden thinks is an exploit. I was debating what that could be, and the only thing I know of that is not a mainstream program is my Chia cryptocurrency farming program which I leave on all the time.

UPDATE (for all of those who don’t read 300 posts). My account was reinstated as were those of many people on this thread. It seems we all used the chia crypto currency mining program to farm chia in the background. And no, blizzard did not offer any compensation.

20 Likes

Third post in the past couple of hours on this exact issue. Now I’m slightly leaning towards something being borked on Blizzard’s end.

24 Likes

I’ll have to login tonight and see if I am banned too lol. I wonder how many accounts they oopsied.

1 Like

presses X

2 Likes

lol…i swear they really do want people to quit playing so they don’t have to run the servers

11 Likes

God. If I got banned wrongfully, that’d be the nail in the coffin for me and blizz.

I normally read these, don’t comment, etc. but I’ve seen a few of these just today now.

6 Likes

Crypto software LUL. Knows what Warden is. Yeah, this smells fishy.

Time for the :popcorn:

10 Likes

Does blizzard pay you per post or what? lol, get lost.

14 Likes

No causal gamer knows what Warden is bro. He is messing with us.

3 Likes

I just spent an hour reading about blizzard bans, that’s how I found this forum.

2 Likes

What is Warden?

Software they can inject into your PC to scan your processes whenever they think you are cheating.

3 Likes

What a total shock considering the haywire mess the game is right now, seems like nothing working properly. I wish they would issue refunds.

3 Likes

It’s Blizzards anti cheat software.

1 Like

Ah, ty

I’ve been saying this since the 1.1 patch. They got our money from initial sale of game, if they can tick enough people off, they can justify closing down the servers due to “not enough players” and save a large amount of money on ongoing server maintenance.

3 Likes

If it’s not overturned I’ll simply play something else, but won’t be playing that with my siblings which will be annoying. Always intended on finishing mass effect 2 and Elden ring expansion comes out soon.

My wife says she’s happy lmao.

1 Like

They won’t do that. Please tell me which Blizzard game has done that?

1 Like

Blizzard has too may false positives with it’s warden software or w/e it uses now.

I play on consoles so I never have to deal with this possibly happening.

1 Like

uh huh. All signs are pointing to Blizzard doing just this.