As this forum dies no its not players being more positive, they just all left

Glad I’m not the only one who sees it

I haven’t come back, I uninstalled on the debacle day of the pre season patch notes, no one in my guild/clan is playing. No one on my xbox friends list is playing, no one on my battlenet acc friends list is playing, that is over 50 people, 50 people who were playing this game and enjoying it, accepting it was a work in progress with some great potential.

Then they gutted everything.
Then they allowed people who exploited to get Shako’s to keep them.
Then they made some more nonsensical changes.
Then they promised to undo some of the nonsensical changes.
They gutted Sorcs and Barbs, and then buffed the garbage by a minuscule amount.
They drastically increased the price of the Mysterious chests in hell tides, and reduced the cinder drop values, to the point you were lucky to get 1 chest, then claimed it was a bug, and it took them over 4 days to address it, yet the uber unique drops from hell tides was fixed inside 6hrs after midnight in the UK.

I can go on and on and on about why none of my friends is playing this game any longer, but what’s the point? Blizzard don’t listen, and they have people here defending this travesty of a triple AAA title game for them free of charge.

I mean I can’t even comprehend it, But you do you.

4 Likes

Next time we should buy from Blizzard in this way.

I wouldn’t go this far, but it was marketed to serious ARPG players as a serious ARPG in addition to being approachable for newbies to the genre.

It is approachable, but it is shockingly bad and borderline incompetent as a serious ARPG.

chore

They pointlessly extended the leveling grind by killing XP gains in the open world and nerfing them in dungeons, essentially pushing everyone to farming NMD’s if they want remotely decent XP gains to continue leveling.

HT’s still have some value, but those got more grindy with seemingly reduced shard drops and additional cost for the mystery chests.

Legions and WB’s are still infrequent spawns and are not reliably farmable.

Open world/normal dungeons are fairly worthless as you can easily overlevel it leaving XP gains fairly worthless even with Whispers turn-ins to make up for some of that.

I think “scam and chore” is overselling it, but largely agree with some of the general sentiment behind it.

1 Like

That would be your opinion.
Next patch has not come yet, wednesday as far I know.
Patience… is a virtue.
Hard thing for young ppl.

Dont attempt to lecture the people that already watched the entire campfire in its full format.

We are well aware of the changes coming and they were a slap in the face, the developers openly admitted they had very little knowledge of how things interact and the lead class designer couldnt even grasp effects scaling.

The only thing coming next week are minor token buffs, nothing will change in any way. This is why people are so upset, with the game being SO clearly flawed and the internet actually agreeing on something you assume the devs can see it too.

Wrong, they honestly believe making everything suck equally is the same as creating build diversity and they think lowering exp gains, crit damage, vulnerable dmg, and CDR is the same as adding new content.

This ship cant be saved because the captain thinks the iceberg is the destination.

3 Likes

I like this and am stealing this for use elsewhere.

They are right however.
Just because you dont like close contact with icebergs doesnt make it wrong :slight_smile:

Seriously though, nerfing stuff like crit dmg and vulnerable is the only way this game will be saved.
It will be a very long journey though, and I dont have any faith Blizzard will manage it either. But the initial direction was the right one.

So you’re mad about balance changes. Is this your first blizzard game? This is the way of things.

I think everyone is smart enough to know the reason the forum is more pleasant. Doesn’t take rocket science to see that less trolls equals more constructive and pleasant discussions.

That’s fine, the issues are -

1. That these problems were so bad at launch when they were ALWAYS going to be problems with how they were designed.

2. The “fixes” are bad and wrong and implemented terribly, showing a lack of understanding of how these systems and stats even work. Like…to make CDR less attractive/mandatory of a stat they…nerfed it so it’s less accessible which just makes it more mandatory rofl.

1 Like

I doubt that you will still be playing pass season two. If the game was fun you would be playing right now instead of arguing with people that you perceive as trolls on the forums.

1 Like

it’s also monday… thats when the mods come back from a week-end of extravagant things and start suspending those who amassed enough flags/reports :wink:

some will be back in 24 hours, some in 3 days, some in 7 days. just hang tight heh, theyre coming back.

It takes me less than 30 seconds to reply. I have been grinding NM dungeons today but I am about to go lay down for a nap. I’ve already finished the battle pass days ago. Still working on the chapters though. Level 68 Necro.

Rofl, maybe we are also blizzard employees?

If their is no link to back end servers it does not capture accurate data. If you are not capturing all of the data its bad data its not an opinion.

Ok, knock yourself out. You were the one calling people white knights and 2 unique accounts were the same person.

1 Like

3 unique accounts. That guy is unhinged

1 Like

We are all “White Knights”!!!

1 Like

Why stop at 3, looks like we have a 4th.

2 Likes

Sure. The starting position is really bad, and the game had been incredibly rushed for release. Should probably have delayed it at least a year.
But it wasn’t, so only thing that can be done now is small steps in the right direction.

No competent itemization designer should have made stats like Vulnerable and Crit dmg, and their respective buckets. But they sure did.
At this point I am more interested in solutions though.

1 Like

Sure. And I’m not attempting to say or imply the team “isn’t trying” since it’s clear that they’re trying and care a lot.

But my take, especially after the last campfire, was that the team is grossly out of their depth and has little to no experience in the broader ARPG genre and consequently I have little serious hope of meaningful improvements for the game.

1 Like