As a 36 year old dad

My rogue is lvl 100 and has solo’d a T72 sigil. Okay. What’s next, though? There’s nothing to do.

I agree with you OP, D3 had a LOT of QoL features D4 is missing.

A big example is the loadout closet. It would swap your skills, gems, and items to your saved preset. Why the hell isn’t that part of D4?

I actually think greater rifts were more entertaining than sigils are. So many sigils are simply “release the prisoners and kill the boss” or something like that. If you’re fast enough, you really don’t have to kill many mobs. Speed runs for glyph exp do exactly that: they ignore mobs, split objectives, and kill the boss for completion. There’s way more running around and hardly any killing demons.

1 Like

You are a presumptious shmuck for telling others based ona single forum post how to invest timwe in their family.

they are level locked many more tiers of gems not sure how many.

you sound kinda dumb because you’re writing about stuff that’s already been talked about. do some research before writing a wall of text.

If you are lvl 51 now you are either not a dad, or neglecting your family or have taken vacation to play which makes you not what people expect a gamer dad is

100%! People may be shocked to learn your life doesn’t end when you’re a dad and you can still have hobbies!

1 Like

Let’s all listen to this random young guy who’s only been able to score with his left hand.

1 Like

There is a silver lining here, OP. When Diablo 5 comes out you can play it with your son, together.

That will beat any multiplayer gaming experience.

I’m happily married but nice try. Remind me what sex has to do with a video game? :clown_face:

I think your problem is that you think the game is a race.
Dude, a piece of advice, enjoy the game just like you did in Diablo 1 : Discover things on the map, enjoy the lore, go to dungeons…

Didn’t you enjoy for a moment when Mephisto showed what happened to Tristam ? Or when you got to Caldeum and everything was a mess…those moments are the ones you should focus on.

Diablo is neither a race, nor a job; it never was, enjoy your adventure in Sanctuary because possibly considering your age, it will be the last one you will have.

Regards ^ ^

2 Likes

I actually really like the paragon system. You’re not wrong, a lot of nodes are just stat increases or damage boosts but at least you get to play around with board positioning, glyphs, and can try to min max the best board for glyphs etc. For me it feels nice to get a paragon point and progress the board.
Infinitely more interesting than the D3 ‘dump all points in primary stat’ paragon system, even if both end up being the same overall goal.

Personally enjoying the dungeons, world bosses and the bosses of the capstones/some of the story bosses - I just want more of them and more variety. That’s not to say they can’t improve them because they 100% can.

I’ve only played druid but there seems to be plenty of potential for build diversity. Can’t say the same for other classes.

I agree on legendary powers. I play Tornado Wolf and was honestly very disappointed to see the only Tornado based power makes the skill feel usable (it makes tornado’s track 1-3 mobs) rather than changing the playstyle or making a fun change - whereas prior to having it the skill feels abysmal. It should be baked into the base skill and a new legendary designed to change the playstyle.

The game should be competitive vs other games. In regard to an ARPG it’s not, when it comes to time and why people play and ARPG. People don’t play ARPGs to spend their life in game. The do them for build diversity and that you don’t need to so sign your life away to play one.

No other Diablo game takes this kind of time to lvl.

check out Project Diablo 2 (reddit.com/r/projectdiablo2

Average age is probably over 30, with most having played D1/D2/D2LOD back in the day.

They are on season 7, ran by volunteer devs. Legit best Diablo game out right now.

Also, free.

1 Like

OP, check out the subreddit r/ProjectDiablo2, or google Project Diablo 2.

Best diablo game, it’s FREE, and ran by incredibly passionate D2 devs/fans who keep it true to the core principles. The community is older (30+) and one of the least toxic communities I’ve been a part of. All racism/Scammers/Trolls/Hackers get banned and they are a thing of the past.

Currently on Season 7.

It shouldn’t be free that sux. We are so lucky these days. I won’t say how much i payed to D2 LOL. So much praying.

I agree. D4 has so many features from Diablo 3 as if Diablo 3 was a great game. Cursed chests, cursed shrines, events, waiting for waves, waiting for NPC dialogue, waiting, waiting, waiting, and more waiting. But guess what? They added a LARGE open world so you can now wait AND travel. It’s no wonder the meta players are grinding the same dungeon because it has a FUN monster density. No one wants to do the SAME event 6000 times with the same waiting waiting waiting for NPC dialogue, waiting for monsters…

They need to do a full 360 in the next few months or this game won’t last.

At the same time, I don’t regret my purchase. I enjoyed watching the story ONCE. Campaign skip was a huge thumbs up from me. I think all ARPG’s should have a campaign skip.

I really hope they have the vision to make this game better in the coming months. There is just too many bad choices from D3 that I don’t know if they have the vision to understand why it’s not as fun as it could be.

2 Likes

I don’t completely disagree, but the builder/spender complaint is a build problem. My build doesn’t make a lot of use of the mechanic on my Barb so it really doesn’t affect my gameplay.

Lol clown post. I have two kids, and I mainly play when they are sleeping or busy with friends or other activities.

1 Like

Word/character count requirements are dumb. Every college paper or “participation board” post I’ve ever read had unnecessary bloat when a word count requirement was instituted.

Oh you’re a part of the coddled D3 player base.

You have two options Forget about Seasons.
or
Put those kids up for adoption so they can maybe get a Father with brain cells and as an added bonus you’ll have enough free time to play Seasons.