Are we getting blood knight in Diablo IV?

So Diablo Immortal is getting the blood knight and there are some images with the blood knight symbol class, that symbol matches with the 6th symbol from the Diablo IV cup that is on the store

thats the rumor yea. Its speculation from a data mine. Will probably be part of an expansion pack if I were to guess. Seems like an interesting class so I hope so!

A holy seems more likely due to the art of the angelzon.

Plus you can already make a kind of blood knight necro with blood spells and a shield.

1 Like

This game desperately needs a holy class, no need for another blood type class if there’s already the necro available.

3 Likes

Crusader/paladin something tanky in the traditional sword and board style is needed. Loved the crusader in D3, was really hoping for something similar in D4.

3 Likes

I’d prefer a Paladin more on the path of D2, but also D3 crusader was an interesting class. They are very similar.

1 Like

At least Blood Knight is a kinda a new class instead of reusing the existing classes from the previous games.

Official Blood Knight Art:

https://i.imgur.com/rlF7FgJ.png

I appreciate your point. If given the chance to play something closer to angelic rather than demonic I would personally choose angelic.
I am excited to see a variation on the idea of paladin though. Isnt the lore encouraging that anyhow? The order the OG paladin was in has fallen hasnt it?

https://cdn.gfinityesports.com/images/ncavvykf/gfinityesports/f59f9e1534686903718985e77bac92200aedd0f2-1200x857.webp?rect=0,0,1200,855&w=700&h=499&auto=format&dpr=2

Its this piece of art that people is refering to as hinting to the 6th class in Diablo4.

A spear/shield javazon-like from Diablo2 with a clear holy bent. As given with the similarities with the valkyrie and the light ribbon wings. Clearly Angel-blood have awakened in them.

It will likely have a non-genderlocked class name and being a new take on the javazon as a holy/lightning spear flinger/stabber.

1 Like

We are already blessed/infected by the blood of Lilith, so a Blood Knight would fit the story.

2 Likes

And you can already play one with a a blood necromancer.

Blizzard is not fond of doubling down on elements. Druids had their fire spells turned into stone to not infringe on the sorcerer. So I do not expect to see another blood user anytime soon.

But holy is missing.

i mentioned many months ago and was made fun of here: Paladin->(crusader or templar) - #9 by KaZeDaRKWIND-1754

someone commented that the unholy class doesnt fit the act 1 story

There is no official information on this, although I would like to see it happen.

I’m interested to know how many classes there will be in total in the game after the expansions.

I hope there will be 5 new classes but that is an exaggerated expectation.

1 Like

At no point were you made fun of and that post had nothing to do with you,

Typical day on the forum the game has not even launched yet lets see what they say at Blizzcon.

Another class with a blood theme… wow so… inovative… :yawning_face:

2 Likes

I hope not… or at least not before we got the Paladin.

Diablo 4 not having a Holy Knight class even after the 1st add-on would be a huge mistake - especially if the class we would get instead would somewhat compete for the same niche and thereby would make a followup with a Holy Knight class borderline impossible.

2 Likes

Probably just the naming. Also I bet it would be more closer to a WoW Death Knight.

As we know every class has 3 “skill paths”, so the Blood Knight will probably have a Blood skill path, a Frost skill path and Unholy skill path.

Any chance you could post a link to the blood knight image you are talking about? Use the ` above tab on both sides of the link in order to be able to post it. I have looked and found no footage/images with the symbol that was on the cup.
The symbol for the blood knight that I can find looks nothing like the symbol that was on the cup