Anyone else feel like this version of Diablo 4 Sucks?

Mobs are taking forever to die on the easiest World Tier.
Our skills are weaker than in BETA.
Loot is mostly blues and sometimes yellow. Only 1 Legendary in 3 hours of gameplay.
Feels like a single player game…

46 Likes

Nope. I was getting bored with how easy WT1 was so I switched to WT2 at level 15 and it made the game more enjoyable IMO.

18 Likes

because it is? yes there are multiplayer options but most will end up solo unless with friends.

5 Likes

The beta’s were to easy! There is a big difference I noticed in World Tier 2 on prod then on the beta’s. Stuff is smacking me harder and I AM ENJOYING IT.

5 Likes

I’m loving it, and have played every version since the first was released. Yup, I played in 1996. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

you need to equip the items that drop from enemies.

28 Likes

You know if you are grouped in a party with someone the mobs are a lot harder and take longer to kill right? Try not being in a party and playing then complain or dont play at all maybe?

1 Like

I am enjoying the game, but i still feel the need for specific legendary aspects to do proper damage.

I am currently lvl 34 Druid, found only one legendary that i wont use and my only codex upgrade is a buff for Blood Howl, which doesnt change much. I need the double hit of Landslide and the Crit damage + crit strike aspect to get going, because right now i am still in a position were i level up and the enemies just get stronger, whereas i can only keep up with their strength through yellow items.

Sure, i am not going with some meta build and i am not playing as efficient as possible, like running directly to the dungeons i need to get all my needed codex powers going, but i shouldnt have to. Not during the still early leveling phase. But i feel like i have to do it and i most likely will do it when i finished act 1. The aspects are just way too important, skill points and yellow gear just isnt good enough for my build as druid.

5 Likes

Only gripe I have is that the very first boss I fought was too easy. I think it only summoned adds once before I dropped it whereas in the betas I think it had time to summon at least 3 times. Needs to go back to Beta state because it feels underwhelming right now.

Also, ran across a bug where I came in the door I was suppose to travel to in the campaign so was confused till the NPC’s showed up and than I was able to open said door. It was weird though because I didn’t have to kill enemies on my way to the door like I’m suppose to because I entered at the exit, lol.

Preface: I’m going to stay away from all the bugs simple things that should have been addressed like widescreen support let’s just say the game needed 6 more months.

I will say I was underwhelmed all in all… it feels like a cash shop with a game bolted on as an afterthought…it doesn’t have that Diablo feel for me I have played since D1 and literally have thousands of hours in all of the games. I was extremely hopeful at the first cut scenes but then I started playing…

The combat feels stiff compared to D2 and D3, and all the visuals look like they are made of plastic (turning my graphics down helps with this so no more shiny happy people) the story is serviceable…but just serviceable honestly I feel like I’m playing a low rent Path of Exile that has been bought by Tencent because now there is a cash shop turning players into payers.

It’s a shame D4 really makes me appreciate and miss what Blizzard was when they made the first Diablo and Diablo II. and this isn’t some Boomer missing the old days I was ready to see what new tech and new faces could do with the Diablo IP

And they made a cash shop.

10 Likes

Weird statement. The game didnt even once mention the in-game shop to me and i only looked into it at the very beginning to look at the skins. What you are describing sounds more like Diablo Immortal.

3 Likes

ima keep it real with everyone… for the first 10 levels i didnt know i had ability points to spend

5 Likes

you got a legendary drop after only 3hrs of gameplay?

Ive had no drops and im level 26

4 Likes

Having played all of the Diablos (minus Immortal), this is great.

Too soon to say but I could see it as one of the better ones.

2 Likes

I enjoy the heck out of this game right now, even i have done this content to L20 the 3rd time now. I play a Sorcerer on Difficulty II and it is challenging and great so far
1 Lego in 3 hours is totally fine, you will get better droprate when the higher tiers are unlocked.

I would not want to have full Legendary before i even get to Act II, that makes no sense.
And if you rushing thru the campaign with no sidequests and dungeons then its no wonder you got no good drops.

This is a game to enjoy with a slower pace. Get yourself a cup of tea or coffee and immerse.

1 Like

It’s a weak action game with the best-looking gear in the cash shop…you can literally spend a grand on cosmetics on day one after spending a 90 bucks for the so-called ultimate edition.

If people are okay with that it says a lot more about them than me.

4 Likes

Why are you so upset about the ability to optionally buy cosmetics? Seems odd.

4 Likes

Not really upset…more like perturbed because the gear you get will never look as good as the cash shop cosmetics I know I’m right and deep down you do too…

and that “lets wring them for as much money as possible” effort could have been used for making the game less buggy or adding more story or a thousand and one other things…but Bobby has spoken and we have a cash shop with a game bolted on.

I’m shocked more people aren’t upset…I guess it’s the current generation, or Activision marketing has beat everyone else into submission.

People were giving their opinions and I offered mine…but all the game shi…err I mean jurno’s are gushing about the game so I guess it’s a hit.

2 Likes

I dont find any of the shop cosmetics appealing at all. So there goes your theory.

4 Likes

LOL

well, that settles it everyone will now follow subdriver and no one will buy things…

2 Likes