Any introductions of Overlevels?

Yeah they started catering the casuals. Ez to max lvl and nothing left after that. Hopefully they change it eventually. As of now d4 being too quick and ez to keep me busy.

Getting lvl 100 only takes a few hours now. At the same time season last for months

No reason the devs could not come up with something, anything. But I fear the level cap at 100 exists for a reason.

If I had a say in the matter, I would have us go to 100, then have a whole new journey begin at 100 with a much slower leveling and a much slower but increased difficulty a la D2 had post level 90. But open up new things for players reaching 100. I would prefer the continuous hamster on a wheel rather than 100 just being the end. If I am to invest time, energy, and thought into a game and my character I do not want to reach the “top” so quickly. Objective in D2 was not so much to get to 99, but the journey there. Nobody complained about not reaching max level, we were fine.

Ever heard of a sunk cost?
Now lets see a dinner out for 2 is $70+ that is about 2 hours.
Go to an amusement park thats $70+ and you might get 12 hours.
The $70 you spent for 200 is a great deal. The $70 you spent for 8,760 hours that was made available over a year is fantastic deal.
Because there is a small barrier to entry that that ends up becoming smaller over time doesn’t make it free. It does however become a negligible expense.

2 Likes

All you had to say. The rest isnt relevant.

To you maybe not. To anyone that understands the value of money and what can be purchased with it the added context probably does matter.

2 Likes

Understanding the value of money means seeing through the marketing jargon of “get this free thing once you pay a price!”. Mentioning that has received so much pushback for seemingly no reason other than defending blizzards marketing or not understanding the value of money.

• “It’s a good value over time”
    Not free. It’s included
  • "It’s listed as free so it’s free*
    Not free. It’s included
  • “the majority of people see it as free”
    Not free. It’s included
  • “there’s no difference”
    There is a difference. Not free. It’s included.

Ah so you don’t know the definition. Here you go.

adjective: negligible
so small or unimportant as to be not worth considering; insignificant.

The cost is so small it is not worth considering. That is why people see it as free. Your inability to understand basic concepts doesn’t change that.

1 Like

Diablo 4 needs something infinite, I’m not saying power. I think we’re ok with that. I think we could have levels after 100 that only give packages of veiled crystals, gold, etc. I think it would be cool if we had choices of gold or pit material, unique item or item with GA, 20% from finding gloves or 20% from finding boots. Something like that. We spent most of it at 100 so some progression would be interesting.

-We could have 200 ultimate bosses increasing in level 201…202 etc.

-Choose 1 glypho and raise it above 21.

-A skills table after 100 would be the most uninteresting. About 20 points to change skills: Greater range, greater radius, shorter cooldown, the skill now burns enemies, releases homing missiles, etc.

It isn’t negligible to mention the price tag needed to access content.

I just posted a summary of the argument you just tried to make. “it’s a good value over time”. Doesn’t matter: there is a monetary barrier of entry.

“What’s the price tag on D4?”
“Uhh it’s negligible dollars.”

And then you try and condescend to me about basic definitions lmao

You mean the point I already stated

Please go educate yourself. I would suggest you learn about nuances.

There is no nuance that turns a $70 price tag (or monthly sub) into a free product. It is accurate to say the battle pass is included, in the same way that any other feature in the game is included. None of it is free. No amount of condescending will change that.

There you go again. I gave you the definition for negligible already.

There you go repeating yourself again with a non-point.

Last I checked, Diablo 4 isn’t “negligible $”.

• “Excuse me, how much is this car?”
    Oh, that price is negligible compared to now much you’ll use it!
  • “No really, what’s the price”
    Well if you buy it, it comes with a free tank of gas!
  • “So how much is the car?”
    Why don’t you look up the word negligible and get back to me

Lmao

And we go round and round…

That doesnt name Diablo 4 free, nor does it make features in the game free :slight_smile:

Yes we are all well aware that you can not grasp basic concepts

Truly, you must work for someone’s marketing department. You’re really eager to avoid using the word “included” and trying to turn $70 into “negligible dollars”

Actually I am in finance not marketing. I deal with these scenarios frequently. The clientele with your outlook never stay around long.

1 Like

Must be more of a ‘you’ thing. I can imagine people being frustrated when you keep trying to replace dollar values with irrelevant words.

Get back to me when Blizzard changes D4’s price to “negligible $”. Until then, it isn’t a free game and the battle pass is included, not free.

Basic concept
I was using dollar value. You are using dollar amount.