Ancestral charge

Anyone else having a problem with ancestral charge? It works most the time, then stops. Makin me have to unequip the the item then equip for it to work again. Super ****ing annoying!

It’s been like that since last week leaderboard reset. Enjoy the randomness for what’s its worth.

1 Like

16 days and Blizzard can’t even be bothered to respond about this.

Welcome to Rupture which has been bugged since…checks notes…Beta.

1 Like

Rupture is just a visual bug. Monster still lose health. Funny enough Rupture eats up Andariel’s Visage poison DOT. Sometimes. Rupture can instant kill if the DoT portion exceed the monster’s health.

How, I have Bleeds stacked and Rupture removes the Bleeds and instead of the entire Bleed bar being consumed and the enemy losing additional health past that for the contribution of Rupture, the enemy’s HP jumps up and does not consume the full Bleed amount even?

Also, Rupture should not ever consume the Bleed. Should not have to put Wanton Rupture on a 2H so Rupture works every like 15 seconds. It has Charges already. At the very least, Fields of Crimson should have this added.

I have instances where the bleed gets consume by Rupture but not Andy’s poison. The poison would kill the monster even when there’s a full bar of HP magically appear. Then there are odd occurrences where Xfal kills the Elite right after it regain health when Rupture hits.
Rupture is buggy because it doesn’t deal direct damage. It deletes health. If rupture deals direct damage, it’ll be modify by the stats sheet resulting in crazy numbers. The other thing is can other players see the health gain after using Rupture? And can Rupture consume other player’s bleed procs?

Rupture actually does deal, or supposed to deal 13% Damage (cannot modify) initially then when you pull your weapon out, it is supposed to immediately deal the Bleed Damage and removes the Bleed.

Enhanced Rupture is supposed to apply 70% (x10% 50 Strength you have) damage per of the Bleed damage as an AoE Bleed when you pull the weapon out over 5 seconds. That 70% should be multiplicative with your Strength contribution resulting in anywhere between x100% - x200% multiplied to the 70% of the current Bleed.

Ok, there is a lot here but order of Operations SHOULD in theory work this way:

• You apply 100,000 damage of Bleeds damage to target.
  • You use Rupture which initially deals 13% Weapon damage when you first hit the enemy.
  • Enhanced Rupture should be calculated first when you pull the weapon out, resulting in the x100 or 200x ish x 70% of the 100,000 Bleed as a new Bleed source over 5 seconds. Rupture SHOULD NOT remove this Bleed.
  • The next thing is that the target immediately takes that 100,000 damage and that portion of the Bleed gets removed.
  • Theoretically, if you have Enhanced Rupture, enemies should persist Bleeding after the Rupture animation even if you do not have Wanton Rupture.

What I think is happening is:

• 13% is getting calculated initially
  • The Enhanced Rupture Bleed is applying to the enemy and IMMEDIATELY it is getting removed.
  • This means that the display shows a higher Bleed for a moment, but it is getting consumed immediately by Rupture.
  • Instead of the enemy taking the combined damage of Rupture and Enhanced Rupture and Rupture removing the Bleed, it is only dealing the damage of Rupture and removing both Bleeds. This delta is the Enhanced Rupture Bleed which the enemy is actually REFUNDED BACK.

When do you not see this happen?

• You do not see this happen when Rupture with the original Bleed sources would kill the enemy. The Enhanced Rupture is overkill so the enemy dies before the HP is refunded.
  • Wanton Rupture which prevents Bleeds from Rupture being consumed so that order of operations prevents the “health refund” from occuring.

I have tested this in detail and this is the only thing I can think of. A very easy fix to this would be to never have Rupture consume Bleeds. Considering you only have 1 Charge, 2 with Weapon Master, it isn’t like you are going to be blowing up Uber Duriel still.