After hearing LIVE QA on Diablo 4 i can say that Joe Shely ( Game Dircetor ) never PLAYED the game

Do you guys share the same opinion ? I mean hearing him how he answers the questions is proof to anyone who listen him more then 5 minutes that he has no idea what hes talking about regarding in-game stuff.

110 Likes

Nobody involved in the making of the game has played the game for any serious amount of time.

109 Likes

keeps claiming they added build diversity, and didn’t target weaker builds in an attempt to nerf over performing builds, but they removed build diversity and targeted weaker builds nerfing over performing builds that are still over performing.

50 Likes

I just heard him say something about looking at diablo 3 data. To me it says he never played a diablo game before he got this role

28 Likes

Well Joe Piepiora ( associate game director ) is hearing like he knows what hes talking about, he definitely played the game, but Game Dircetor OMG, guy literally HAS NO CLUE what he’s talking about. He is talking from data sheets, like OMG this company is so garbage.

23 Likes

A DEI hire? Or in the new lingo , a NEPO baby?

6 Likes

i dont think any of them do its sad af we just have to accept this is the way they will do things

3 Likes

OP…FACT

20characters

3 Likes

see you in 2 weeks patch 1.1.1 re installing till them

This. Right here.

This is why games turn into failures. They don’t play the games they make and mindlessly try to hit metric goals. The latest patch has absolutely nothing to do with the health of the game it is literally just them trying to tweak their game play time metric better in the future.

41 Likes

Exactly this, i guess i will try out POE, heard only good things about that game, D4 has failed us

4 Likes

Yea and I would bet that most developers on this game haven’t touched the Diablo franchise with the exception of the last couple seasons in D3. Their dungeon master for instance comes from Activision. She has only had the ability to play Blizzard games on the inside for three years. This game has been in development for six. There’s no blaming them, they were hired for a job they weren’t fully invested in as a dev, fan, etc. This is merely a stepping stone in their careers. Seriously. Like they are going to retroactively playing the Diablo games and trying to implement the good things about those games as D4 goes on. It’s going to take awhile to get it right because of this.

4 Likes

A game dev on YouTube said it best:

“Minimum viable product”

12 Likes

POE is no godsend. Try Grim Dawn.

12 Likes

I think Diablo community and forum conversations turn max stupid when people start entertaining the notion that the developers haven’t played the games they’ve developed.

It’s low IQ discussion and it’s sad to see the community indulge in it like it’s a free ice-cream bar.

You’re setting the bar low guys, just sayin’ it.

6 Likes

I mean, their opening statement was basically an admission that nobody tested the difficulty of nightmare dungeons so…

15 Likes

Have you read their linked ins? There’s proof that they haven’t. They’ve been developing other games for the past decade or so of their careers, playing and honing those games. They wouldn’t have much time for these games. They’d probably be playing games apart of those genres they were working on. These are great game developers, but not so great Blizzard fans.

2 Likes

It’s a stupid discussion premise to suggest that the developers haven’t played Diablo IV. Any ongoing discussion that accepts that premise is also going to be stupid, as people have demonstrated so far with their inane comments.

Proof? Really? Like I said, you’re setting the bar low around here in terms of community quality.

3 Likes

No it’s not, if you heard them speaking you would’ve understand, but be a fan boy, give them your money and live in delusion that they are competent people to lead this game.

7 Likes

Yes it is.

Saying that the Diablo IV developers haven’t played Diablo IV is stupid.

That’s not the hill you want to die on, trust me.

2 Likes