About distance discrepancy between Teleport and Dash with controllers

I’ve seen a video of a guy comparing Teleport’s distance by using k+m and controller on PC - distance with the latter was abysmal compared to k+m:

I thought to myself, ok, they must have nerfed it for controllers due to them using sticks to move and point general direction, instead of pinpointing it like you can do with k+m. However, I’ve played sorc and rogue on PS5 and seems like rogue’s Dash covers way longer distance compared to Teleport, so what the heck is going on here? Just arbitrary Teleport nerf when playing with a controller?
After playing rogue I’d rather for Teleport to have similar distance to Dash. It’s kinda gutted compared atm.

1 Like

Dash has a fixed distance while teleport is a targeted ability is the only reason I can think of.

I’m not sure how they could address that…

Tilt amount to translate to distance?
Right stick probably wouldn’t work for that…(I do miss right stick dodging).

2 Likes

This sucks. If we can’t control the distance with controllers at least make it the same distance as rogue’s Dash. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Only thing I can really think of is short press, long press and press and hold to get 3 distances. The going to limit where you would want to assign the skill on controller though because bumpers and triggers have a different action than the buttons themselves.

1 Like

I think they could even just make it based off left stick. Much like moving the stick a little makes you walk and moving it full makes you run, it can be used for distance and direction the same way.

1 Like

Or press and release with a meter like many sports games. The would be a delayed teleport compared to PC. If it allowed the user to channel TP and adjust the direction while the meter moves that could negate the Pc users ability to pick a spot. Their version requires they move the mouse to spot ours requires only facing a direction and letting go of the button at the right time.

1 Like

The issue is teleport can be used offensively. So it teleports you to what you are targeting when using controller. This is why at times you only move a few feet.

Unfortunately blizzard didnt think it through very well.

It doesn’t move as far as mouse even in the open world with no target though. I tested this on my pc during the server slam as I use controller on PC as well.

Finally fix coming after one year:

Miscellaneous

• Traversal skills—such as Leap and Teleport—can now have their distance determined by how far the analog stick on the controller is deflected. This will enable players on controller to have better control on the range for these abilities, improving parity with Mouse and Keyboard play.