A serious question for @PezRadar and the Dev team

What exactly is Blizzard’s goal with D4 at the moment? Can we just get a clear vision of what you would like us as players to see/do?

Most of are trying to do the content as intended but any time something is fun or rewarding, it gets nerfed. Not just nerfed, but beaten down so badly that it is no longer enjoyable at any level. In addition we have mobs that remove our ability to play our character for vast amounts of time and often lead to character death without any real reason. This also shoehorns every build to be the same and results in, yet again, no fun.

We have entire classes that are a struggle to play, terrible basic skills we are forced to spam to be able to do even a small amount of damage with the energy they generate, no incentive to do Nightmare dungeons over regular dungeons, rampantly over tuned enemy crowd control, and xp bars that take so long to fill up that you feel accomplished getting a single level in 4-6 hours of beating your head against a wall.

It feels to me that the team wants to be so far removed from D3 that they forgot that the game is supposed to be enjoyable. Its good to have a challenge and to have to grind for some achievements and gear, but D4 has taken it so far to the extreme that all fun is gone.

However, complaining is worthless without solutions, so here are mine; not that you asked.

#1 - COMMUNICATE to the players your vision, be clear and share what you want D4 to be at all levels. Leave out the cryptic inside info BS, help us understand and share the love of the game
#2 - LISTEN to player feed back, but tell us why some of it may not align with the above vision
#3 - STOP nerfing things that see enjoyment, instead investigate WHY they are enjoyed and elevate the lesser enjoyed content to their level. Nerfs should be few and far between, buffs should be frequent but minimal. Creep up to the power threshold you want, stop destroying content it so it gets abandoned.
#4 - RETUNE the enemy crowd control, add diminishing returns, and give us back control of our characters. Once you do this, builds will open up and unstoppable can be tweaked to more reasonable levels and used as intended
#5 - BUFF Nightmare content - give us a reason to do it. Make XP and items more rewarding than normal dungeons. Lead us to the good content with treats and high fives
#6 - COMMUNICATE to the players. Just do it. Talk to us, be open.
#7 - COMMUNICATE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS

TL;DR - We want to love D4, help us do that.

214 Likes

It just feels like they want everything to be as slow and unrewarding as possible. It feels like they took D2 and WoW Shadowlands, combined them, and ended up with D4. It’s a watching paint dry simulator at the moment.

66 Likes

Yeah nah, you guys are trying to exploit loopholes then throwing fits when they close them.

If the game was supposed to be about powerfarming 1 tiny dungeon, whats the purpose of the 114 other ones?

I’d be really curious to see what the characters of people saying stuff like that would look like if Blizz would had been faster on fixing the levelling exploit.

12 Likes

Instead of nerfing the one fun dungeon, they should bring the other 114 up to spec and make them all fun so no one has a reason to do this.

38 Likes

You dont even know what ur talking about lmao, the “exploit” was the way people were able to reset dungeons.

4 Likes

Yep and people whined about Blizz fixing that too. Both aren’t exclusive.

2 Likes

Again, you have actually no idea what ur talking about… The ability to reset dungeons is still in the game. Just stop talking if you dont know what ur talking about.

10 Likes

I do know what i’m talking about. Plus i’m not about to listen to some pale pasty “top” exploiter lmao.

I wholeheartedly agree that the silence is the most deafening part of this launch. The only goal I can see beyond all of this is money. They no longer care what players think, they just wanted to release a Diablo title, milk all they could out of it, then toss it in the bin never to be heard of again.

I want to be proven wrong, but I don’t really have the time to wait and find out. I’ll hover around on the forums for a few days while I play with friends, but once they get burnt out I’m gone as well.

14 Likes

Actually, I was referring to the destruction of Barbarians at every turn and Necros to such a degree that they have been abandoned by many.

I agree spamming the same dungeon isnt right, but they should buff the other 114, not nerf the only good one. Ideally, they would buff Nightmare to not feel like hot garbage to farm as they would like us to.

6 Likes

if you know what ur talking about, why did u just say “they removed the dungeon reset” when they didnt?

3 Likes

theres 115 dungeons in d4? couldve fooled me

6 Likes

You mean chain CCing melee characters without the ability to have unbreakable for the duration of the fights is part of the vision? Crazy.

2 Likes

Also, to your second point, my char is currently HC level 51 and I don’t spam run the same dungeon unless its between other content for about 20-30m.

That got fixed. If you guys found another workaround its likely to get hammered too.

Just always amazed me how little you guys want to play the actual game and just try to use it to feed your ego and attempts at efame.

2 Likes

Bro he literally said

Using 4 players to clear separate corners of a dungeon for full exp feels like more of an exploit than farming 1 high density dungeon. Yet there have been 0 changes to the group system.

7 Likes

Part of your post boils down to “please have the same ridiculous power creep that d3 has, we don’t care at all about this great environment you built, we just want to min max as fast as possible”. Your post was polite and well written. However, I respectfully submit that the devs should not bend one bit. Try playing the game instead of gaming the play.

8 Likes

I mean, being so blind you have to wear glasses is still vision. Terrible vision, but vision none the less.

1 Like

I like the slow build - and that there isn’t yet an ICY-VEINS build everyone is using. But there will be. The notion two people can do the same thing (finish a given dungeon) with totally different builds is a great idea. Though, it seems to annoy many because they can’t just go to the web and find what works best then farm that gear to play endgame – whatever that is.

As for no rewards for NM dungeons? What are all those pylons at the end for if not a reward to add to some insignificant glyph in your paragon. As if you can plan 20 years ahead to fill all the DEX slots around something you MIGHT be able upgrade after 100 tier 100 nightmare dungeons – a year from now.

I am so tired of these omega shill responses. Refusing to admit a game can be improved is much more damaging to it than offering constructive feedback as the OP did.

You can enjoy the game and still want it to be improved.

32 Likes