A serious petition for offline mode

Maybe Blizz will see this maybe it wont. Let this thread/topic be an official petition for offline mode just like d3. I say d3 only because the game on launch was online only and that feature was removed to the profit of blizz and convenience of players.

Please no disrespect towards other commentors/people who reply, or about / to blizzard themselves. Just nothing negative

I want this to be seen as a legitimate ask for offline mode. So please just post something like, “I agree” or “yes offline mode!”. Something along those lines. I WANT THIS TO BE SEEN!

If you just want to post negative stuff in here do elsewhere please.

182 Likes

should have been here in the first place. but seperate character instances for online and offline, ensure one can’t join the other.

33 Likes

I can agree with this all day.

15 Likes

Generation Z and their “petitions.” Just stop.

12 Likes

I doubt you’ll find any players who are against offline mode. It is purely a dev desire to push cash shops. Players pretty much unanimously hate it.

31 Likes

they tried to create a “mmo” style thing, I really like it. But yes, there is NO REASON to this game dont have an offline mode. We paid a lot, and every server issue we just can’t play, makes no sense.
So yes, I agree, do an offline mode!!

16 Likes

It’s not a generational thing. Petitions have been used for centuries to enact change, even at the governmental level.

25 Likes

Absolutely YES!!! Please please please have an option for offline mode! I just want to play story atm

12 Likes

ppl did this for D3 10 years later… ya not going to happen

7 Likes

Never going to happen. They can’t make money off of people that aren’t playing online.

5 Likes

Solo Diablo player here. I actually like this online mode. I love going to an encounter and boss and not having to look for a group. People just show up in the region and it is very natural. We defeat the baddies and go back to what we were doing.

Seems nearly perfect to me.

At the same time I have no problem with people wanting an offline mode. I’ve enjoyed seeing players and a more active feeling to the game. It feels just right to me.

12 Likes

D3 is only offline on console, and they should have never allowed that. The result was hacked items. Which is always the result of offline mode. Try becoming better informed rather than just spewing BS.

Yeah had a “group” on avarice yesterday that was 80% barb…safe to say we didnt down it!!

never going to happen. Offline mode is a place to hack, steal source, and bring it into online.

3 Likes

Fully Agreed for offline mode

7 Likes

Offline? No.

Private games? Yes.

8 Likes

Did you mean to post this thread on the Console forum? Diablo 3 is an online only game on PC. There is no option to play it offline at all.

Console has that option, but it is full of hacks/cheats because people have access to the save files.

Unfortunately, I agree with Blizzard and most game companies on this. They have the legal right to protect their intellectual property from pirating/theft, to reduce the instances of cheating/hacking in their games, etc.

It won’t stop all cheating. Bots run client side and trick the servers into thinking they are a real person. It does stop piracy and “god mode” modification of chars and gear though.

Diablo 3 which has no offline mode on PC or cash shop says hi. It is financial, but not about the cosmetics shop.

8 Likes

its ok he stated hes banned from twitter. hes just a troll trolling. ignore that part. THX FOR POSTING!

I would certainly appreciate the game a lot more if it featured an offline mode. As it is though, I’ll just enjoy the game for as long as it keeps me interested and move on to something else. I reckon by the time I’ll have gotten my moneys worth.

Can’t really bring myself to care too much how a live service turns out long term.

3 Likes

In System Requirements Blizzard show zero honesty about >constant< internet connection being required to play this game.
They went for this “constant login” approach for us players, which now fried their servers and our time, so they could keep a live connection between microtransactions and us. At the expense of evertything else.