6 new uniques šŸ˜‚

Yup, basically D4 aspects = D3 skill runes, D4 uniques = D3 legendaries.

to be fair, the vast majority of those were trash. Especially the sets. Items in d2 got multiple passes with patches. And Uniques and Sets didnā€™t exist for Exceptional tier equipment in vanilla d2, so once you got into Nightmare you were hunting for good yellows anyway. The uniques people actually cared about were added with the expansion, and most of those were still bad until the items pass in patch 1.09.
Like, a bunch of the uniques in this game are trash too (looking at you, sorcs!), but at least they have a clear intent for use. Who bothers with crap like Crushflange? Or the Deathā€™s Disguise set, whose pieces are worse than blue items on their own, and the setā€™s pieces are a War Sword (which is the highest normal quality 1h sword) and then Leather Gloves and a Sash (which are the lowest level items in their categories). Even with the complete set the bonuses arenā€™t any good, your weapon does barely any damage and you have only 8 potion slots.
Staff of Endless Rage might be an item built around a bad skill to have crappy results, but at least they had an expectation for how it would be used. You get up next to somebody and blast them with the shotgun effectā€“core skill damage, up close damage, even the slow and ranks in the inner flames passive at least play in to that fantasy (well, the slow is more to get away from things until you get another shotgun ready)ā€¦ even if the result is still lame because fireball is a bad skill and sorcs are just a mess in general.

Not to mention to these days overwhelming majority of D2 uniques are stack sticks that doesnā€™t change class mechanisms or gameplay at all.

Agreed, I think people are reading things wrong.

There is no way 6 new unique is the only content weā€™re getting in terms of item hunting across all of the classes.

sorry to cut off your copium supply but itā€™s legit six uniques overall. Iā€™m disappointed as well, I hope the 32 new malignant hearts are at least interesting, they seem to all be general and not class-specific so will be nice to theory craft for like a week maybe before they get deleted later

thatā€™s wild, is there a website we can view the totel content coming in Season 1? I may not participate if itā€™s what we have now + 6 new uniques across all of the classes, thatā€™s barely anything.

1 Like

Willing to bet that some of the aspects that were in beta and somehow vanished for game launch are also tucked into this season 1 release. Example Mage Lordā€™s aspect. All sorcs were pretty pissed having broken resistances, lowest armor in game/paragon, and no good survivability aspects. Now we get a season 1 where the skulls in our jewelry that give us armor are now having to be exchanged for these heartsā€¦sorc is DOA

1 Like

no, they havenā€™t revealed the new uniques yet, just said how many are coming. but they are coming to the eternal realm on the 18th, so two days before the season starts

edit: total content was talked about in the dev stream, basically 32 new malignant hearts, 7 new legendary aspects, 6 new uniques and a battle pass to fill out

ah so the main content is malignant hearts. I need to do some research to see if itā€™s worth it for me to participate.

Thank you.

1 Like

should be fine unless youā€™re rolling sorc, -750 armor and no resistances for another season.

I wish I couldnā€™t guarantee that every single aspect and unique will be vendor trash. But I can.

Who cares. dont care when they were made just when they drop

find any uncommon green item in vanilla wow. then you salvage a purple epic. then you take the epic crafting material and combine it with the green item, to make a blue rare. and you cant target farm anything. that is d4 itemization lol.

There will be a gem that gives skeletons a 1% increased attack speed per attack. Max 5%. Only effects offhand attacks. Not applied to minions with legs. Must be wielding a hammer. Must be stunned for effect to take place.

1 Like

There are plenty of useless items in D2 to crap on but the two examples you chose are actually relatively useful. Crushflang has nice crushing blow on it. Deathā€™s sash gives you cannot be frozen, the gloves give a massive 50% poison res, 75% pdr, and the 2 set bonus gives a gg 30%ias and 15% all res. Even the sword 2 set gives huge cold damage. Itā€™s a really good set for an alt, or someone doing ssf.

One of the new uniques:

**If there is a full moon on Friday the 13th at 12am during a thunderstorm and Neyrelle is ovulating, there is a 100% chance you will have a 5% chance to deal an extra .76% damage for 1 second

2 Likes

haha ikrā€¦ I was expecting something like 40 new uniques + as many new aspects. 6 + 7. itā€™s a joke. Feels like the game is already on maintenance mode.

Blizzard should have this as a ā€œsuper unique trashā€ item.

1 Like

On launch, the game didnā€™t have partial set bonuses or the green affixes though. Those came much later.

Man i hate being right sometimes, what a colossal pile of crap 1.1 is