5/29/2023 - Anyone bought a KFC sandwich yet?

So, anyone? I’m curious if the leak was true.

I have absolute faith in it not being available in Hawaii or KFC Hawaii absolutely screwing it up.

1 Like

Im in Ohio and do not see anything advertised locally about it. I assume its not out yet.

Jump on a plane to the mainland for a chicken sandwich!!!

Hawaii… beautiful place if you don’t live there.

1 Like

No KFC near me, think closest one is around 100km away… so I’ll just make my own sandwich. :beers:

Sounds like you may know a little of the truth.

Military. I was never stationed there, but people I know have been.

Those skins look like a turd and are most certain not worth throwing money on some heart clogging turd sandwich.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a double down, so I thought I’d try one.

Do yourself a favor and don’t. It’s disgusting.

I concur with this. I tried one and threw mist of it out.

Anyone get any physical packaging or anything from their order? Ordered online, picked up in store and nothing.

Huh.
Neither of the two KFCs in my town even have the Double-Down on their menu, which surprises the heck out of me.
I just assumed it would be on the menu here in the heart of redneck land.
I mean, this is a small town, and we have TWO KFCs.

1 Like

Seems like a risky day to do it. Their banners are up then down. Management at franchises everywhere seem to have no idea about it. The idea seems to be linking your kfc account with battlenet. Who knows if that’s working properly today. I’m waiting for at least tomorrow. Their phone webpage says people can redeem tomorrow. SO I guess account linking will be up by then. Theoretically what you order today will then retroactively apply. But who knows, I guess.

What I want to know is if the 1.99 little chicken sandwich counts. Time to min/max kfc.

edit: people saying there’s supposed to be a qr code on the sandwich packaging.

According to the “leaks” on reddit the promo was supposed to start May 29th. However, that was not confirmed and there is nothing on the KFC website yet.

For anyone who does want the cosmetics, there are requirements for this that are different than the last Beta offer.

You need to:

• Create a KFC app account or online account.
  • Order online or app and pick up a physical sandwich that qualifies.
  • Scan the code on the sandwich and link it to your Bnet account.

Rewards 2-5 involved sandwich purchases through the KFC app that is linked to your Bnet account.

Possible leaked rewards

EDIT - The website updated and does NOT have this sandwich flagged as a Diablo reward. Sadness for those looking for something small. Least expensive and lowest calorie qualifying sandwich is this one at $2.69. Ordered with no mayo it would be lower cal.

https://www.kfc.com/menu/sandwiches/chicken-little

All qualifying sandwiches. Note they all contain fried chicken, not grilled.

https://www.kfc.com/menu#sandwiches

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize the Chicken Little qualified.
I guess the Double-Down was just for the first promotion?

Yes, that is my understanding. You will have to see what the actual details are when the promo releases.

Personally, I don’t put apps on my phone, won’t be linking my Bnet to anything, and my tummy does not like fried foods!

4 Likes

For anyone wondering:

One local KFC I ordered they had no idea but the sandwich was tasty. Tried another, they also had no idea but I got the QR code. Right now the QR only opens the kfc. com /diablo site which 404’s. I thinking the linking of accounts goes live tomorrow (the check back on the 30th part).

If you go to the KFC website and go to the menu, there is a banner above certain sandwiches that say “UNLOCK DIABLO IV REWARDS” above it. So, it appears to be legit… just poorly implemented thus far.

This wasn’t there earlier, I wonder if they’re just slow to roll it out. They probably didn’t expect me to be popping in the door at 11:01 looking for a QR code lol.

1 Like