24 Hour download?

Diablo IV has been downloading an update since 8pm on the 30th…what is this? I have restarted the game client a few times and it resumes the download…I don’t know what this is. almost 24 hours later download is at: 32%

3 Likes

Future patch content. Are you under a rock?

Have you tried adjusted the download limit speed in setting, i set my to the max of 9999999 KB/s on both latest and pre-release

2 Likes

Are you on AOL? Took me under an hour.

2 Likes

Mine is taking forever too. Been doing it since 10am this morning. Still only halfway done. M y internet is running perfectly smooth too.

you re from germany ?

Didn’t take me long either. Then again I don’t know what internet speeds OP has. Mine is super fast.

Mine was super slow as well until I opened the download manager in B-net and unticked the download limit box. After that it worked much faster.

I left mine on all night and it still wasn’t finished. I have fast internet so I knew that wasn’t the problem, but a setting in B-net as it turns out.

1 Like

24hrs?! dang mine was done in less than 1

Yeah Mines below 40%. It would of been higher but I turned my PC off forgetting that I was actually DL’ing on the Bnet.

I don’t care how long it takes, just as long as it finishes before the … " 7th ", now.

I’m getting garbage download speeds as well. My internets just fine everything else just blazes along. Normally I don’t have issues downloading anything from Blizz but for some reason this update is cratering with the download speeds for me. It’ll go up to 15-16MB/s and then drop like a rock down to 20KB/s and stay there for a while and then bounce up to maybe 500KB/s and back down to 10+KB/s rarely going above 1MB/s. I’ve flushed the DNS, enabled and disabled the Ethernet and switched to 6GHz wifi network, reset my modem/router. It’s just agonizingly slow to download, and that’s on both my laptop and desktop. Both get 900Mbps wired connections when running speed tests. I’m looking at the speeds right now and its 10KB/s-5KB/s. Nothing is checked for the download limits either.

We are a doomed society if 80% of “gamers” aren’t able to change downloadrate in settings to maximum or just turn the limit off.

We or your country is also doomed if you have it already off or max limit and still slow in downloading.

Germany isn’t fast, but it took me roughly 25 minutes (500k glasfiber) but to my defence I was also downloading it on two other pc’s and updating a few other games at the same time while my wife was streaming something in 8k

It’s hit 86MB/s there for a little bit, and dropped down to between 2MB and 6MB/s. For those whom it worked fine I’m happy for you. For me I’m not too concerned, I like Diablo IV but It’s not a game I get my shorts in a knot over to play, I just drew the short straw today for download speeds. On a positive note it’s now at 90%.

Yep. I unticked the DL limit and have very fast internet/good computer. It blasted through a third of the update but is now crawling at under 1 mb per second

1 Like

As others have said, for some reason in battlenet settings it had pre release downloads to download at a max of 1mb/s. No idea why, think it’s a default setting.

Unchecked it and it was done quick.

Mine was a little slow to start but then settled around 35mb/s which is fine for my moderate/okay connection speed. Didn’t take long at all.

I’ve been downloading for more than 7 hours now over 2 days and it’s currently at 900B/s and only 37%.
It’s going up to 1.7KB/s and then down to about 1.2. I’ve changed the settings multiple times, restarted laptop, tried everything possible except changing internet provider or uninstall the game completely. The first 34% were downloaded with about 10MB/s but the last 3% took at least 6 hours. I have no idea what to do…
If this continues the next 2 days then I’ll uninstall and reinstall battle net launcher and the entire game. Or anyone knows anything else I could try?

Change your download limit speed to 999999999.

3 Likes

That was the trick, thank you for this. It is now moving along nicely. It is faster to leave it unchecked instead of setting it to a very hi number like 9999999

1 Like

Thanks! It was really odd for them to set the default download speed to such a low amount - like it was designed for dial up connections.