1.2b gold pair of gloves

bricked…

This is not fun.

At least give us a way to reset tempers but make it really expensive such as 1 spark + 100m gold.

perhaps second time reset is 2 sparks + 200m gold then 4 sparks + 400m gold.

15 Likes

Bricking is a troll too. Almost never brick those 1 greater affix garbage items. 2 affixes bricks 50 percent of the time. 3 Greater affix…100 percent brick chance.
But you do not need to lie to make friends. You did not pay 1.2 billion for gloves. You bought them flat out for real money. And that is the only reason I can see that is a positive to tempering. Because some wallet warrior bricks it is justice.

10 Likes

You can use diablo.trade to trade items and get gold :wink:

3 Likes

Nit bricked because its still usable just not optimal.

Some dont lime RNGs risk/reward

3 Likes

Sweet! Another I :brick: my gear thread. :popcorn:

1 Like

You speant 1.2 billion on an item? That’s the real tragedy here.

8 Likes

I miss when I threw 3 runes on an item and it became exactly what I wanted without a chance, without fail, when ROLEPLAY GAMES cared more about ROLEPLAY and much less about crude mechanics and gatcha like RNG lotteries to please the public Asian

4 Likes

Sure you can still use it or you can use a junk item with a better temper and do more damage therefore its junk.

9 Likes

Well temporting is easier to get a 5/5 then it was prior to season 4. I think ppl forget that.

But I do like the idea of there being a crazy expensive reset like you described.

You are attached to that 1.5 billion gold item. Spending a spark and a few 100 mil is a choice on an attached item. Its meaningful

1 Like

I actually thought i got a deal considering frozen orb gloves are stupid expensive and several are still listed on diablo.trade at over 4 billion right now.

Last season when you spent a crap ton of gold you knew exactly what you were getting and there was NO RNG to risk screwing you over…

This new RNG mechanic imposes a TON of risk to anyone looking to buy extremely expensive item and turning it into bovine manure.

At the end of the day it is just not fun to spend hours or days in my case grinding, trading items for gold to buy that one nice item to upgrade your char only to watch it literately turn into junk in front of your eyes. This game mechanic has become a “dopamine sink” so to speak lol…

1 Like

It’s interesting how the psychology of this works. If it just dropped with its tempered affixes that you got, then nobody would care. They would just say oh man, almost perfect. But the idea that it drops perfect and then you have to temper it. … It’s a huge psychological difference. You feel like you are bricking it.

The system has too much a negative dynamic the way that it is designed and they definitely need to institute a way that we can untemper things. But it must be a time-consuming measure as to avoid making the tempering system trivial which is an even bigger problem than bricking.

2 Likes

You mean like making a CtA in D2 and rolling 1 BO, making the item worth less than the costs to make? There was huge variability in runewords.

To be fair, a 1 BO CtA still gave the player battle orders and wasn’t trash unless you had better.

1 Like

tempering is fine, but it’s just stupid cuz frost finesse(or how is it called dont exactly remember) have more affixes than for example necro minions, so it’s harder to get.

tbh faith was probably the best example for randomness in runewords

2 Likes

I dont know, to me it sounds kinda fun that you bricked an item you apparently paid 1.2 billion for.

Yeah. It should be the same. But I will admit that it clearly doesnt feel like that to many people.

I still think they should simply move at least one of those affixes back to when the item drops. Then the second temper affix can come with no limits (other than the material cost per try of course).
Seems like a good balance. More RNG when the item is created, and less RNG for the crafting part.

1 Like

Like the rest, but maybe dont give them the idea of infinetely scaling costs like original enchanting. 1 spark and 10m gold each reset would be expensive enough.

1 Like

I wonder how long D4 will last with no RNG.

1 Like

I’m curious, how many 3x greater affix items have you found already that you’ve been able to use?

Why would I need 3x GA? If I can clear all the content without it

Well making the process RNG trivial is an even bigger problem and should never happen. But earning the ability to retry over several days of play – Well, that’s just playing the game.