New Class Ideas (Come give your new class ideas!)

Master class (or Grandmaster class); essentially a powerful martial artist that can use any wep (nearly) but has some class unique weps (such as a Bo or staff). Similar to the monk. Many of the new classes presented are similar to some former class.

1 Like

Don’t really need too many exotic new classes. I hope they go with some type of holy class and some type of martial artist class. This would be perfect IMO. Keep whatever feels like it belongs in Diablo.

the way I see it is… there are 4 main stats in the game. I think each stat should get 2 classes who main that stat…

str = barb and XXXXX
dex = rogue and XXXXX
int = necro and sorc
willpower = druid and XXXXX

with that being said I think we need 1str, 1dex and 1 willpower class.
different archetypes im thinking of;

knight/zealot/champion/battlemaster - strength
paladin/cleric/bishop support light/holy type of class willpower
a spear throwing range / maybe shield wearing? like gw1’s paragon? as dex

as far as what each class does for it’s kit and stuff, well thats taking the question to far for me to invest anymore time into :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would go for 2.

Fallen Angel and Demon (not sure what the similar term be for fallen… raised doesn’t seem right).

Fallen Angel could have Holy Powers, and Demon would have dark/shadow powers.
They could both be melee with heavy reliance on toughness, with low single target but high aoe. They would be the support classes of the world.

Some of the things we saw during Act 4 i think of D3 campaign, from the Angels there, would be cool to see on a playable character.
They could provide auras too, and wouldn’t have actual weapons. Their weapon slots would be filled by their class powers. Holy Saber, Holy Shield, Blade of Darkness, and Demonic Thorns (as armor/thorns buff) etc…

They’d lose out on a legendary slot, but their class powers would make up for it being quite OP and providing a book of the dead style setup for the choices.

2 Likes

eh, arenas are the death of open world pvp.

Mentalist : uses his mind to make monsters fight for him, and uses telekinesis to throw objects or other monsters around to inflict damage.

1 Like

Nope, overworld PvP will still be a refreshing part of the endgame buffet, even if merely by its existence with a smaller population.

If arena, normalized PvP outright kills overworld PvP…then that’s a great argument for its implementation, isn’t it? Or at least a very strong case for the value of the mode itself.

Had an idea for a class similar to that of a witcher or the anime Claymore.

I imagined that since the events of D3 and the world being pretty devastated, a kingdom out in the world started experimenting attempting to make some super soldiers by infusing them with slain demons. Eventually succeeding!

Weapon - Sword/Board

Dual Resource - Stamina and Demonic Essence - Stamina fuels your human fighting based attacks and is quick regenerating - Demonic Essence fuels abilities that call upon the power to shift parts of your body into that of a demons or use demonic buffs/debuffs.

Class Mechanic - Tactical Combat - Basic attacks and Core skills have 3 parts to their attacks that can be interchanged with each other. Other skills in the skill tree can also be interchanged into the combo as well. When completing a combo you gain some kind of buff, or each skill that can be used in Tactical Combat has a buff attached to it if you use it as the 3rd hit in your combo.

Some quick ones.

• Fast melee mage? Arcane magic to enhance melee?
  • Sword Dancer? like a fencing type, quick and agile.
  • Hydromancer - Water and Ice
  • Reaper - Not to confuse with Necro, a class that focuses more on melee and the use of spirit/ghosts/souls. Dealing a mix of Physical, Shadow, and Cold
  • Shaman or a rework of the Witch Doctor that brings totems into the mix.
  • Hunter - uses spears for ranged and melee, class mechanic allows the choice of 3 animal companions that change gameplay in some way.
1 Like

i do like some of the ideas… alltho i dont feel like guns fits into the game tho…

but a sword and board class is sorely needed so a paladin/crusader class would be awsome

a martial arts class like monk or something could be cool too…

3 Likes

For new classes to be added the current classes would need to be revised and restricted on customization. I would say maybe instead of 100 classes for example to go the Last Epoch route where you have a main class then have subclasses within the main class. You could have marginal overlap between main classes based off the subclasses. However, This would still require fine tuning and tunnel visioning each class to not feel too similar to another class.

1 Like

Yep, a lot of people have been suggesting things like Alchemist that throws unstable concoctions with Victorian, or industrial revolution era steampunk, Bloodborne vibes.
Vigo in his penitent armor was already pushing it for me.

I think we tick all the classic DnD classes first before we get too exotic

1 Like

do you have a link for the leak regarding the potential new class?

Time for Blizzard to bring back the racist African caricature Witch Doctor with Parkinson in D3. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is a very very interesting reverse class mechanic lol
Might actually make the cut during 1st April next year lawl

Wow both are very cool class ideas!
You even thought of their primary resource and some of their skill types, very nice!

I can see that in the game.
The Xiansai have lots of unrevealed lore and are slightly based on Asian Martial Arts and leaning towards Oriental and Chinese history.
Likely we will see a Pugilist class archetype (see Jin Yong’s Wuxia Novels for more inspiration. Condor Heroes, Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber, etc) with all the fancy martial arts styles and stances.

There could also be hybrid classes that have split focus on Str & Dex or Dex and Int.
That would give us 24 single permutations. If you give each combination another one class, that would bring it around 48 close to my original 50! :grin:

Champion/Battlemaster sounds like a good one. Instead of the Barb, maybe someone from the Western Kingdoms instead, trains and excels in melee combat with unique weapon type only this class can wield. The rest are more or less similar to what many others have suggested, Cleric/Priest/Templar and Amazon/Spearmaiden/Spearbearer etc.

Good suggestion, sounds very similar to the Heretic class suggested by fellow D4 forumer earlier. I like it.

Oh oh! Like the Mesmer class from GW!!! Illusion and mind control (sort of) sounds like a unique way to play the game. Very interesting ideas, very interesting!

1 Like

Hm, Pirate , yes! Would go along with the settings, at least in Act 1.

But not a funny Pirate class, like Johnny Depp Pirate. More of an …badass , mad Pirate!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I can’t include links in my posts. But you can just google “Diablo 4 displate leak” and you should get it in images. Mattjestic also just did a video on it if you want to look at that.

Already found it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/zgbzbp/mysterious_6th_class/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

EDIT:
it feels like a mashup of melee amazon with paladin and crusader.
Which I am not sure if I should be happy or sad.

Something with a shield and has some kind of background that links them to a fight between heaven and hell. D4 is kind of missing that class.

1 Like

Updated my first posts with new class ideas from posters here.
Please don’t just criticize, give some class ideas. Anything goes here. Just trying to float things around until something sticks for Blizzard. Come on guys, gals and everyone!

Yes a real bloodthirsty Pirate was what I had in mind, but not a brawler but a cunning and dangerous type. One who is an opportunist yet knows when to feign retreat while thinking of a way to strike back.

That actually looks like female version of a Templar.
Nothing unexpected though since we’re already felt such a class will be used.

Rumours are shield based class is Templar/Paladin or similar archetype.
They’re leaning towards the Light instead of the Dark so I doubt they have links to fight Heaven forces. Maybe a Lancer/Eternal class with links to Kehjistan will be included in future DLC. They should be neutral against Heaven and Hell and more like a warrior archetype (like the Barb) but with shield & spear, more defensive type of class.

Would love to see a Paladin type class , Crusader maybe, would also love to see a 2nd type of summoning class. Also Maybe some time of Vampiric class or Vampiric summon class

2 Likes