You will not get loot free, deal with it

Seriously, so much crying on forum about loot. If you want to get loot, learn how to play to get it. Public games are mostly done for experience to level up. You are not supposed to shower in items. So please stop complaining about some people taking “your” loot infront of your eyes.

110 Likes

All the talk of ninja looting as if the loot isnt first come, first serve.

Its just as much there loot as it is yours.

Also, love the instant accusations of guy got loot before me, hes using cheats, that has already started…

10 Likes

We shouldn’t have to put up with auto-pickup scripts and ninja looters. Ranged classes are also at a disadvantage. It’s merely feedback, not some desire to have free loot.

21 Likes

We already have 20y of feedback on that issue, nn more, thank you.

7 Likes

Its not feedback, its whining for ploot because of situation which didnt even happen yet.

20 Likes

I don’t know why some people here are asking for D3’s looting system, do you want a juice and a rattle and a blankey too?

Like I’ve said a few times, an optional WoW like item system that doesn’t create any new loot and instead rolls to the players that NEED the item the most get it. This is to cater to elderly/disabled/new players, etc.

How could you ask for more than that?

Edit: Well, forget what I said about the WoW system, even though I think it could work, it’s best to leave D2 the way it was meant to be played.

But if they are forced to put in a loot system of sorts, then do the loot roll system because it has more potential (see my threads on it for more info).

9 Likes

It’s very predictable. Even the devs have predicted it. It’s feedback.

Nope, we’re not asking for D3’s loot system.

6 Likes

Loot works fine and has worked fine since 1999. Ranged has always had a disadvantage in public looting. Yet I almost always play ranged. I have never whined about the loot system and I like it the way it is. I like that I have played the game for 10s of thousands of hours and I still have never seen every item in the game drop.

Play with friends or play solo if you want everything about loot to be fair and don’t expect anything to be fair in public. It’s even worse on HC, you have to watch out for the PK. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

The orginal D2 came when people were mainly playing single player games, there were some multiplayer action but it was not the main mode, that is why it uses such archaic loot system. RN we live in the multiplayer era and that is why Ploot is a must, its like if they would release D2RE with 800x600 resolution otherwise. The game should addapt to the present. Taht is how the game can survive, and i am talking about truly survive, not having 20 players on battlenet and 10 of them being bots which is what some of the purists rely on to say that the game has been alive for 20 years.

6 Likes

Melee classes are disadvantaged in combat because they take more damage since they are generally on the front lines, shall we change combat to make it more fair?

Also if a melee character dies then he can’t loot things can he? Maybe that we should account for that disparity too because it’s not fair.

6 Likes

Proof that auto-pickup scripts are working on new Bnet client. I’ll wait.

Ninja looters? That’s not even an argument, that’s a derogatory term for someone faster than you in an FFA system.

4 Likes

Slippery slope fallacy

1 Like

I’m predicting. I know it will happen, because I know how to program one.

You obviously have no idea of what you are talking about if you think Bnet only has 20 players online and 10 of t hem are bots… There are tens of thousands of players on D2:LOD… Go check out D2JSP it’s a thriving community that has been around for a long time because of this game. They love it for the loot, trade, combat, pvp systems and more… Changing the resolution is PART OF A REMASTER. A remaster is literally about updating graphics and audio, not about changing core systems because you want the Devs to do so.

1 Like

You know that means nothing in the world we live in now? It’s just for denialists to scream about… lol. There are so many things that people pronounce as “Slippery slope” until it comes true as it often does.

I dont check anything, joined the OFICIAL SERVERS of the game 2 or 3 times in a 10 years period back in the days and there were literally 20 players, in 90% of the games there was a bot.

2 Likes

Well I am glad that you confirmed for everyone that you’ve no idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

What I am talking about is that the game needs a fair loot system, and I have much idea about it.

2 Likes

This is a Diablo 2 remaster, the loot system is FFA and always has been. If you want a boring and not any more fair Ploot system than go play D3. I hear that game is super amazing with all the modernizing and fixing they have done to it!

10 Likes

So you just made an assumption. Got it.

2 Likes