Wudijo: CDR doesn't work on Followers

This is news to me. Wudijo (whom I don’t have any reason to doubt) says in the 7 minute marker that CDR (gear obviously) doesn’t work on Followers with the exception of one skill that belongs to the Templar. I’m posting this no one wastes CDR rolls on their Follwers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGMBo0cZzHI

4 Likes

Good overall review. It looks like I will be going with Lynden for my Monk.

This is looking really good @ 10 seconds. Night’s Veil

• The Scoundrel launches a cloud that covers a 20-yard area and lasts 5 to10 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity. All attacks against enemies that are inside the cloud will be critical hits. :point_left:
1 Like

This has been touched on in the PTR Bug Report section…But unfortunately it’s been pushed way down the section from inactivity. And of course, again, no Bliz response to acknowledge this is a bug or intentional.

Edit: Also, would be super helpful if there was a CDR stat in follower details.

8 Likes

Add this to the info.

1 Like

I know Cooldown Reduction% doesn’t work on some Follower skills while applying to only one or two. So now, CdR% doesn’t apply to any of follower skills? Not even that legendary token that reduce cooldown by 50% work?

The 50% token works but the other CDR stuff isn’t working.

I start to think it’s intended. In the video, wudijo said only Templar’s Heal benefit from CdR% stat, but as far as I know all Followers used to benefit from cooldown reduction on their very specific skills before that.
If CdR% affix not working on Followers big time then they must have made it intentionally and expect us to find some other way to play them without keeping invulnerability token.

Of course it’s intended. If you want cooldown you have to give up follower immortality and use the token. Stacking cooldown on your follower would be completely broken espcially with some of the new ones.

2 Likes

If I have to theorycraft I’m banking on immunity or EoE amulets with life regen and summon weapons (Genzaniku, Maximus, Pus Spitter) besides those two new legendary gems that work on followers. Burning Axe of Sankis don’t look bad too, however that means way less crowd control. I bet they did the mathcraft to that already and Followers can withstand more than expected.

Maybe I’m being an optimist but we’ll see at the new patch and season. Why would they deny the CdR% benefit otherwise anyway?

Oh yes I’m preparing a lol for the dead all the time with 50% token equipped intentional internal cooldown design on followers. Just in case I’m going to put a lol on reserve because the intentionally dead all the time design will be the new “broken promises” mechanic.

Are you not entertained?

As far as I remember their summons stay alive even if they’re downed. However I’m not even sure if they can endure more than one hit at over GR100+ with fully ranked Mutilation Guard and Esoteric Alteration. I bet it wouldn’t change anything if I throw in String of Ears and Etlich.
If Wildebeest’s Gizzard were to work on Followers then we might have something to work with here but nope. If no invulnerability token then we’re stuck with St. Archew’s Gage gauntlets and that still leaves lots of possibilities where they die just by fighting trash.

If MG gem works on Followers then Illusory boots is not mandatory, but it barely have any alternative. Firewalkers? Boots of Disregard? Ice Climbers? It feels like a big whoop of nothing but I’ll test it regardless.

Here is a post on follower toughness.

2 Likes

Here’s some food for thought:

I’m planning on using the Enchantress, I have Primals (Homing, Nems,… etc) for every slot with Str (since I main Barb), I can keep the Str and augment Int for extra toughness, and also re-roll an affix on each piece with Life per Second. I must have 100+ Primals that I can munk around with.

1 Like

CDR has never worked for followers.
The only CDR item is the token.
CDR on items has always been a wasted skill on followers.

1 Like

I was under the impression that CDR did work with Followers in these very forums. I actually don’t mind that CDR doesn’t working with Folkowers.

I guess it changed at some point then cause I have seen guides (for instance icyvein’s follower guide) that state CDR is one of the most important stats for your follower gear.

Nice find. LoD or LoN ain’t gonna happen though. As for life leech, their only way is Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band ring and stacking some life per hit as usual. Without LpH or BK ring, you can still equip them with an immunity amulet to absorb, rogar’s ring and disregard boots.

1 Like

It works for the Templar’s heals, but none of the other followers / abilities.

1 Like

Ice climbers and Stone Gaunlets Maybe? and stack armor on pieces that doesnt give attack speed. Use the 2 legendary gems for toughness.

I wouldn’t be against them moving toward a state where we are able to have them be basically immortal with really good gear. But that would be hard to balance since you would need a constant progression for them almost like our own, we need to struggle to keep them alive all the way and not only from like 130.

Maybe have their toughness based on items and our paragon, but in a way that a paragon that would usually get you to a certain GR is the required for your follower toughness.