Follower Toughness - Video Included

I have fully augmented a defensive oriented Templar. I’ve tested his toughness without the ‘cannot die’ Relic. I’ve found his survival to be decent, but inadequate in GR140-150. GR120 is completely fine. GR100 was fine without augments.

The main problem is recovery, I recommend giving life leech to the Follower based on 1% of their total HP. Either that or the Gizzard Gem.

I also recommend permitting LoD’s legendary gem effects to apply to our followers. The 750% and 4% damage resistance per ancient piece will help make the other 2 relics palatable – more build options in push are welcomed, and gearing choices will become less obvious should you release more Emanate effects.

Here is footage of the Templar taking a beating in various tiers.

Sorry if the video quality is no good! I play with a wonky resolution.

16 Likes

Try Coven’s Criterion instead of Stormshield, and Gizzard gem for life regen instead of Mutilation Guard.

That was super cool to see. I wouldn’t have thought they’d even last that long without the immune trinket. Is it 50% cdr worth it though, if you don’t get to use all their neato emanate items like nems?

2 Likes

Yeah more options is good but I don’t think even the 106x damage multiplier from 14 ancient items with LoN would be sufficient for them to deal meaningful damage. The extra healing is a good idea though.

Next time try 65536 x 16 pixel resolution, I need to see from Westmarch to Xiansai in one screen.

Maybe, I’ll run a chainsaw down the middle of my monitor and try recording again.

Regarding damage, we need 106x and our own main stat as a multiplier.

106 * 351 = 37,206x.

They can allow dps gems to apply for extra oomph. I’d also like to see the debuff gems working too.

Hello HK, Coven was worse than stormshield. Gizzard gem didn’t raise sheet regen, so i skipped it.

Did you see otherwise?

I have played PTR only once to see how bad GoD nerf is so far, but I tried Gizzard on live and it definitely doesn’t work on follower.

We need more info from Blizzard about main stat scaling thresold of followers’ skills. If we can know how much Str Templar needs to max out his skills, we may put more Int on him for AR.

I was informed that Rob said Gizzard gem works on the follower, even though it doesnt’t show on sheet.

I’ve run Enchantress through 110s and some 120s, and she seems okay without the cannot die relic.

Some things I noticed… she’s resistant or immune to molten explosions, RG poison effects. Unsure of the others. It appears that she received Law and Shout effects from Crus/Barb. On Barb she also received IP, but Sankis effect doesn’t show on stat sheet (though visually it’s up).

Snap of the gear/sheet stats. Sadly the gauntlets do nothing. Could probably run Asheara’s 2p-gloves+pants for 100 res?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/814479691993841725/815658573480067112/Screenshot_2021-02-28_at_20.55.05.png

1 Like

Maybe they changed it on PTR, on live my templar regens very slowly. I will have to try this on PTR.

Edit: Tested it on PTR and Gizzard didn’t work on Templar.

Couple questions:

What equipment were you using? I saw a list of the stuff you had not yet tried in the video details, but not the equipment list.

How much mainstat was he at?

2 Likes