Followers aren’t getting full benefit of CDR on gear

On Scoundrel:

• 2p Crimson (20%)
  • Primal Leoric’s Crown with max diamond (25%)
  • 3x 8% CRD rolls of gear (24%)
  • 2x 6% CDR rolls on gear (12%)

Even if I just took the 2p Crimson and the primal Leoric Crown with max diamond in it, it should be a significant reduction in the cooldown on Night’s Veil.

30 seconds - 25% CDR = 22.5 seconds
22.5 seconds - 20% CDR = 18 seconds

The problem I’m encountering is that with all of the above CDR on the Scoundrel he is still recasting Night’s Veil at about every 28 to 29 seconds. This behavior most likely runs across all 3 followers.

1 Like

Probably because CDR has diminishing returns? The more CDR rolls you have through items, effects, gems, whatever else, the less valuable each roll becomes.

Not exactly what I’m getting at. So on a DH you need like 38% CDR between gear/paragon to have permanent Vengeance. There will be multiple CDR rolls but 38% total is enough if memory serves me well. So what happens if you have say 24%, 28% or 34%. You will have some period of downtime on Vengeance but it will be vastly shorter than zero CDR.

If I have 25%, 20%, 10%, and 5x 8% (64.41% CDR) on gear equipped on the Scoundrel then the 30 sec total cooldown should be drastically reduced. The cooldown should drop to 10.67 seconds which is way shorter than 30 seconds. The problem is that it is not being drastically reduced by the above amount of CDR. Instead of recasting Night’s Veil every say 11 seconds, he is casting at every 28 to 29 seconds.

1 Like

I gotcha, I get what you’re saying. I main and only play DH so the 38& cdr and vengeance reference I get.

So as far as I’ve noticed, you can’t actually see followers CDR in details. So possibly, maybe, just like with critdmg, cdr may have a hard cap…? I don’t know. Or could very well be some bug involved. But if theres a hard cap on followers cdr or not we simply cant say or see.

Also, for all we know. CDR from leorics (diamond), and captain crimsons could very well not be registering…? Honestly, I couldn’t even tell you if cdr on weapons, 2 rings, and necklace even correctly is registered. I just always blindly rolled cdr+attspd on my followers items without ever trying to test it’s actual cooldowns.

Exactly the same. I just put IAS and CDR and ignored it going forward. Its possible that CDR was uncapped and functioning like it does on the player character prior to the PTR and the devs may have made a small coding mistake.

1 Like

Try using the token with reduces all skills by 50%, see if skill cooldowns actually seem reduced then. Only thing I can think of. Thats if you can find a way to test this without your follower dying. =)

I ran with your idea and it looks like Scoundrel is ignoring CDR on gear. I used the 50% CDR Scoundrel token and he recasts Night’s Veil about every 14 seconds.

2 Likes

He is right it is I just tested it, with timer at cdr 70% reduction, it still times around 15 or more
secs, also the same skill doesn’t benefits correctly from dex 5-10 secs in duration regardless if you have no dex or 14000 , it still barely gets 5 seconds.

Ok not sure if this is correct but I was told you dont get your max duration until you get the max dex needed, which is 25k.

After the patch the same issue persists. They still are not taking full advantage of CDR on gear.

Time to hit the PTR Feedback Forum.

• Check that IAS and CDR are correctly applied to Followers.
  • Add IAS and CDR to Followers’ Details Sheet.

Also, I don’t know why PUR was removed from the Characters’ Details Sheet. But, could we please have it back?

Thank you!  

Note: If you’re unsure of what the acronyms stand for: See those dotted underlines? Mouse-over them for a pop-up tooltip.  

I’m going to assume that your reply is directed at devs. The follower details sheet does not show a CDR value (b4 and after the patch) . I can’t remember if IAS is there after the patch, but was there b4 the patch.

Correct.

I started with a statement, in reply to your post, that it was “time [to post suggestions on] the PTR Feedback Forum”. And then, gave a few examples of what I would like to see.

The post was essentially directed at Devs, CMs, MVPs, anyone who might be able to do something about it. (Or, at least get the suggestions to the right people).  

Correct. I would like to see it added to Follower Details Sheet and stay on the Character Details Sheet.

My apologies. It is and was, for both the Follower and the Character. I was doing this from memory and couldn’t remember either one (before or after).

The Character Details Sheet used to include PUR. A few years ago they must have removed it because I stopped seeing it. I missed that, but wasn’t that concerned about it. Now, with Progression Globes in Rifts and GRifts, items and Skills, Paragon Points: All affecting or being affected by PUR, I would really like to see that added back to the Character Details Sheet.

If I have decent PUR, specifically from Paragon Points, and I find an item with a Property I can’t use, I don’t want to have to count up all my individual sources of PUR to decided if I could choose an alternate Property that would serve me better.

(Sorry. I didn’t mean to get so “long-winded”.   )