Word of advice for necros team meta / 150 runs

Heyy guys come over here for a sec,
Listen…

Necromancer needs proper timing the stun to have higher DPS output,
you cant just spam the stun because monsters gain stun immunity after they get stunned for cumulative 10 seconds,
refer to maxrolls “Crowd Control Explained” guide,

so when you copy-paste the build from leaderboard, or from maxrolls guide, it doesnt always work properly,

theres just two builds, right >
For ratma bosskiller, in a team you NEVER take “Valley of death” rune, because it spams the AOE stun,
go poison version obviously, and see how you melt enemies in few seconds when the barb stuns them proper. (at least poison is current seasons team meta)

For trashkiller, NEVER take “Zei’s Stone of Vengeance” legendary gem if you cant take down the elites in 6 to 8 seconds of attacking (i mean max in two COE rotations),
And no i dont mean spamming death nova for entire rotation, ONLY inside physical COE rotation.
Because if you cant kill them in two rotations, you just acumulate the stun resistance on them from spaming Zeis stun.
Zeis legendary gem on Death nova build is NOT meant for random runs, it makes your DPS significantly lower on random maps with low density. Zei works really good ONLY on those “top tier maps with high density”.

Also, for TK in a team it is highly preferred to take Bone Armor without Stun, so you dont break the barbs stuns, he can stun for 6 seconds with a single stomp, which means you can kill elites faster if you dont have stun in your gear/ when you are not breaking his stun with yours, its just faster.

For “meta” runs, you prefer to rely on barbs stuns, not your own, in ALMOST all cases.
We can see the leaderboards teams Trashkillers take Zei, and stun-less bone armor, so why do they take Zei?
Because barb runs around and pulls monsters in, he cant always stun for you, BUT, theres a but, all of those people who take Zei have more than 5 milion dps in profile and near perfect items.
AND YOU NEED TO TIME your death nova properly when you take Zei, buildup a large pack of monsters and oneshot them in your physical COE rotation, dont just spam spells when using Zei.

Dont try hard, try smart bois, its faster

Gameplay explanation:
ON Trashkillers Physical COE > proceed to attack
OUTSIDE of COE rotation > run around and pull the monsters in while TAPPING Siphon Blood, to keep 10 stacks of Power Shift buff,
At the very end of Cold COE rotation start attacking Siphon to spawn Oculus ring to stand in, move to it and “oneshot” enemies when they are nicely grouped.

Spam death nova only works in a really huge groups of monsters, but its still NOT preferred because it often leaves elites alive.
But then theres ratma poison, poison can kill them off BUT only if mobs dont have stun resistance build up already.

And here comes the obvious
DONT BLINDLY COPY PASTE MAXROLL BUILDS, they dont even have the correct ratma “GR Group RGK” build,
They dont even explain the stun mechanics inside the necromancer builds at all,
and they have wrong Bone armor rune at their version of LOD death nova “GR Group Trash Killer”.

DONT BLINDLY COPY PASTE LEADERBOARDS BUILDS EITHER.
it doesnt automagically work if you dont understand stun mechanics,
Crowd Control is the most important tactical part of this game, it always was.
(asides from managing RNG ofc)

Remember maxroll guides are ALWAYS OUTDATED, and they ALWAYS make mistakes.
They are not even updating the guides when people tell them what is wrong

aight, das all folks, i think so at least, hope it helps.

oh i forgot absolute endgame advice:
Lod death nova DONT equip funerary pick, it rolls with really bad stats, you prefer to roll perfect primal Scythe of the cycle or Tragoul corroded fang, because those two can roll with Attackspeed + area damage + 10% damage perfection, Funerary pick NEVER rolls with 3 stats, never ever.

For barbs in a team:
dont spam charge within group of enemies, just walk, for same reasons, charge doe spam stun, we cant have that

Note: edited on 17th of may

Death novas: Watch for Channeling Pylons and Shield Pylons, because they may sometimes slightly lower your damage, because of the way Iron Rose offhand works

After cumulatively losing 10% of your maximum Life, your Death Nova deals %%% increased damage for 60 seconds.

With shield you can still loose health with the necros “teleport” skill, or with manually casting Death nova to keep the buff up, but with Channeling you dont loose any health, its especially tricky in solo play when you get both pylons in same time

5 Likes

Nicely written and informative article.

It was always hard work putting together groups who all knew what they were doing… most times you’d have to coach new players how to do their jobs. And some were uncoachable.

These days, I imagine it’s even harder with the tiny player base split into normies and SSF. That’s why I only play a little bit of SSF because I can’t be bothered with coaching players who half the time won’t listen.

I just had a sudden flashback to some guy I used to play with regularly - world’s worst zDH. Would never listen, exposed pylon spawn points going “scouting” and extended runs out by 60+ seconds every time. But for some reason he kept being invited to groups I was in. (Geographic location and availability, I think.)

Good luck finding team members!

2 Likes

Looks like good explanation.

Generally there’s only one problem following this: also the other members of the team need to know and follow all this. If they don’t play optimally, also the necros are often better off with stuns of their own + valley of death.

1 Like

I should have used AI to correct my writing though… thanks.
Anyway, i meant to say Zeis legendary gem on Death nova build is NOT meant for random runs, it makes your DPS significantly lower on random maps with low density.
If the barb is smart enough, i even quit using Bone Armor Displacement Stun, its not necessary, it also sometimes slows down the runs/ dps.
Barbs tend to stay on spot too often so its fine without having personal stun, can rely on barb stun more often than not.

Probably still missed some small things

Gonna edit that rn iguess

@Zurtle
Yeah for the effort it takes to coach its often far better to run solo ;).
Both exp per hour wise and item per hour wise.
I find myself often solo 2x faster than ““meta”” team runs with reasonably “good” players, just because of the way their gameplay is -pure spam no strategy at all, and i just cant wait in town for everyone all the time, so often its not worth wasting time on doing higher GR in a team, when i can just solo 138-140 in 5 min every single time (in current season) and the result is solos more exp per hour than team runs in the long term…
In a “mid” team it takes literally the same time, which is really bad for supposedly “meta” team.
And its so funny/silly when nobody wants to open next GR and the team is just sitting :wink: it happens a lot, and a lot too often. WTH really ;>

At this point i think D3 became a game for daddies and granpas, its true that almost nobody is “seriously” playing this game, even the “meta” players dont care at all that they waste their own time when they arent trying, just “playing for fun”.

3500p with 160 hours played in season, and i never even used community chat to group because its full of cheaters.
Never but once (i think) ive seen anyone in random teams more efficient than me, and its so funny really because im slacking big time, thats the difference between trying hard and trying smart in gaming.
In 10 minute session 3 times solo speed GR 136 or 7+s really fast and quit, reapeated few times in a day and im so far ahead with my own time its unbelievable to me