Wizard Buff Proposal

Teleport needs 0 changes. It’s perfectly fine how it is right now and it’s one of the best movement abilities in the game. It might not be the best, but it’s top 2.

There’s absolutely no question in my mind Blood Rush and Spirit Walk are both better. Teleport would rank no higher than 3rd. However, you have to consider Vault, Dashing Strike and Steed Charge, too…

I disagree. I think it’s one of the worst mobility tools in the game. It constantly gets stuck on terrain and corners and it has a long cooldown with only 1 charge. Without Aether Walker, teleport is terrible and i’m tired of sacrificing a spot in the cube for speed runs.

The only aspect about Teleport that is superior to the likes of Spirit Walk / Steed etc is the ability to travel vertically but those moments are few and far between.

2 Likes

Blood rush is more clunky, has less supporting legendaries and worse runes.
Spirit walk is much slower and can’t even pass walls, levels and gaps.

Every class has to give up slots for their movement ability for speed runs. Thinking otherwise is naive. Also, teleport and illusionist passive is amazing for pushing and 5 min higher GRift runs.

Teleport is not terrible and is in fact amazing

Maybe you just don’t play other classes? Sacrificing a weapon slot in the cube is a massive trade off.

For Witch doctor speed runs they take severance rune for spirit walk and grave injustice passive and its up all the time. No item slot sacrifices.

Crusaders cdr for steed is built into the gear they already have + obsidian ring of the zodiac, no item slot sacrifices.

Vault has no cd, costs resource

Barbs gain 100% movement speed just by holding down whirlwind.

I don’t own necros so I can’t speak to them.

Teleport is awful. Play some other classes for a change.

1 Like

I’ve played every class except crusader. I’ve also seen the best speed builds in action and I have played them. Teleport is one of the best movement abilities. It can fit in any situation and you can change it to fit your needs. You just might not have the best experience to judge otherwise. I can see that when you try to compare it to vault and spirit walk lol.

Lol we’re calling each other the same thing. I suggest we agree to disagree. Have a good day =)

I think at this point, the best we can ask for are multipliers on the supporting legendaries for unused skills.

Examples: mykkens, light of Grace, mirror ball, velvet camarel, sloraks madness, smoldering Core, etc.

Just slap big, xxx% multipliers on those bad boys.

And before anyone says something about smoldering Core and meteor already being viable, this would give meteor a non-channeling option.

I like this alot. Reminds me of vile ward for barbs.

Normally, all the longtime Wizards cringe when someone suggests legendary powers devoted to signature skills. They are THAT bad. Electrocute is the one (1) signature skill you can actually build around with Myken’s, Velvet if they were ever buffed. If Velvet Caramel doubled that amount of enemies Electrocute hit and increased damage by like 100% for each enemy hit, that would be a reasonable legendary item. I’m not exactly sure how Mykens works, but if you hit the RG with 10 charges of Electrocute for 1000% more damage, it might be viable!

If an Electrocute power was added to a legendary without a current power, I’d be livid. It’s just a waste of our drop table and developer effort. They are some of the most useless items and skills in the entire game.

I remember SB was viable once upon a time, right before MH came out, I believe. It was loads of fun, and with something like 10X power, I think it should work.

But yes, totally agree, fix what’s already there first, don’t dilute the drop table.

If you want a list of priority Wizard items to fix:

High Priority Items

1. Manald Heal - Changed from Weapon damage to % Damage
  2. Wand of Woh - Increase EB modifier to 600%
  3. Orb of Infinite Depth - Increase damage Modifier?

Medium Priority Item

1. Moonlight Ward - Changed to add the “Arcane Orbit” rune *** (Special Emphasis - we could build LoN Frozen Orb builds)
  2. Winter Flurry - Frozen interaction (Chilled Enemies take 33% more damage, and Frozen enemies 200% more damage)
  3. Gesture of Orpheous - Slow Time deals X% damage to enemies inside

Low Priority Items

1. Archmages Vicalyke - Mirror Images are never die and does X cool thing (casts Wave of Force When you do?)
  2. Slorak’s - Disintegrate Modifer
  3. Light of Grace - Multiplier on R.O.F.
  4. Jang’s Envelopment - BH.

Ideally, Blackhand Key or Atrophy should probably be devoted to a Wave of Force & Blizzard Legendary powers respectively.

1 Like

Big fan of your list. I agree MH is overdue.

I would think increasing fragment of destiny to 600-800% should be both easy and safe though, right?

What are you thinking for jangs and black hole? Should it be damage dealing? Utility?

1 Like

Whatever they give us. If they gave us half the stuff on this list, I’d be happy. If I had to pick something, It would definitely be double the radius of Black Hole and gain the effect of the Event Horizon rune.

1 Like

Nice ideas,
If I understood the post Novalistis made regarding the TV set, some pair of items (wand and orb) are on the way. I think they picked up the demand to have some alternative to the channeling.

It would definitely be increase the radius of Black Hole and gain the Event Horizon rune. @Venaltier
Love this idea, I too would consider that alone as a huge utility!

Anything really. They could have Black Hole stun for 3 seconds. Increased Radius is always cool, and it would complement Supernova (a gigantic BH pull radius, like 40 yards?!), adding multiple runes is always nice. But yeah, my pick would be utility, we’d never use BH as a damage spell. Though, if it hit several enemies it’s cooldown could be reset. Lots of stuff they can do. I’ll take whatever. It’s Manald, Winter Flurry and Moonlight Ward that particularly interest me.

I didn’t get this interpretation. Definitely got the part about reducing the importance of channeling items, but Wizard offhands are pretty bad in general and they’d have to do some pretty major revisions. I’d love Winter Flurry redone to interact with “Freeze”, and OoID is pretty general (does 40% damage and Etched Sigil does 150% - see the problem?) and hence their position on the list.

If Manald does Lightning, Winter Flurry does Cold, Moonlight Ward do Arcane things, you'd opening up builds that specialize in a single element, which is popular with the community. 

Fire can be covered by Fire Walkers and Magefists and Cindercoat and the multitude of things that cover Fire.

1 Like

Added legendary powers shouldn’t be generalist damage increase items. Or else it will just buff Vyrs to hard. If they would ever add items that change the playstyle of skills in a fun way that would be cool, then they wouldn’t need a big damage multiplier.

But yes, I agree and listed above. And love it that a lot of people go in the same direction. And I agree wiht Venaliter High Priority Items, except on MH. So I start to sing the same lullabies. To get attention for buffs. It’s a team effort.

For 2.6.9. it would great if you could give Explosive Blast some love.

Increase the damage of Wand of Woh and give Orb of Infinite Depth besides it’s general multiplier one that increases only Explosive Blast damage more.

Philosophies:

Summary

1. Arcane Orb - Frozen Orb:
I feel that the playstyle especially with LoD is pretty enjoyable but my gut says they could need a little damage buff. And the other Arcane Orb runes feel a little underwhelming, mainly I love the Spark rune and it’s animation. :slight_smile:

2. Energy Twister
Just like above I feel the need to up the damage. If I look at Saxtris or Zoltun Kulle Tornadoes I get to envy both, cause their Tornados are seeking after me and I would love as a great Wizard that I can have similiar powers as both of them. My Tornadoes seeking out my foes, so that they shatter in fear and agony.

3. Explosive Blast
This skill and supporting legendaries just don’t have enough oom to kill my enemies fast enough as I bring myself in Danger going pretty close to them blowing them up. Especially Orb of Infinite Depth does in my opinion to less to push Explosive blast to it’s limit. While it’s a great defensive Item allready on it’s own it would be cool do have it buff explosive blast damage. So my foes won’t feel safe, feel they got me then I’m close to the burning hells.

4. Magic Missile + Blackhole
I just remebered a super cool Wizard build that I myself played a lot. Sucking in your enemies with Black Hole (a great utility spell) and then pressing down the left mouse button to cast Magic Missile - Glacial Spike to finish off the job. It looks astonishing and feels rewarding. But this skill would need some love in supporting legendaries that buffs the damage up a little bit. I read in the community the Idea, that enemies affected/hit by Black Hole take additional damage from your Primary spells. I found this a great Idea that combines utility and easy casting.

I nice route would even be to give us items that make more passives desirable. F.e. one that makes Aracne Dynamo stronger, etc.

I don’t think any of my proposed fixes really impact Vyrs. obviously they would benefit from Furnace (50%) to Winter Flurry, but it’s not a huge GR increase. 3 GRs, maybe? Vyr is actually a tad behind as it is anyway. It would be however be much more applicable to speeds, which is hugely important because Wizards don’t have a speed build anymore.

As for Manald, it’s hard to say. You’d probably switch CoE’s 50% damage increase to Manald for whatever they give us (say 200% more Lightning damage? Again, not a huge increase) but you also have to change a passive to Paralysis. But it would be nice to play Lightning Vyr. Moonlight Ward wouldn’t be applicable, because Vyr doesn’t have a skill slot for Arcane Orb.

1 Like

Having Jang’s activate the Supermassive (lightning) rune would give increased radius :+1:

That makes no sense. Any general damage increases will buff the output of all wizard sets, and why is buffing Vyr set a bad thing? Vyr provides one of the few builds that isn’t yawn-inducing that we have had, especially now that bazooka is gone, as LoD hydra is super boring.

Why?

[quote=“MajinRyan-1622, post:39, topic:7896, full:true”]

I picked increased radius specifically. I actually meant to type “double radius”, so if you had Jang’s and picked the Supermassive rune, you’d have a 40 yard radius Black hole, just like cyclone strike. You could also pick the lightning BH rune without it being useless.

Spellsteal instead of Event Horizon might be better.

1 Like

I think Event Horizon is probably best tbh, as it doesn’t create any damage imbalance due to the availability of Absolute Zero for cold builds, and its utility is very useful for any build.

I’m still not sure if the item slot for this legendary power wouldn’t be better as a source (Singularity) instead of belt slot with Jang’s though.

I’m also not convinced that it would be significant enough to replace other options for either slot, unless it just unlocks all runes for Black Hole and causes the Absolute Zero rune to buff your highest element instead of only cold.