Wizard Buff Proposal

As the Barbs did, the other classes should make a proposal, too. So I copy Frees guideline. And we should make two categories List 1 for “realistic changes” and List 2 “for unrealistic” changes.

"The 2.6.8+ Proposal II Dockett:
To keep the discussion focused on realistic goals, here are acceptable topics of discussion:

Buffs to existing items and multipliers
New affixes on existing items
Numerical adjustments to existing passive skills
Small, reasonable amendments to set bonuses

And here is what is off limits and completely unrealistic:

Changes to skills and core game mechanics
New skills and passives
Completely new items
Overhauls/radical changes to existing sets", von Free.

What are Skills, Sets that are behind?
F.E. all channeled skills, Explosive Blast, Arcane Orb, Mirror Ball, etc.

Sets that need some Qol attunement.
Firebirds, DMO and maybe Talrasha.

Edit: Actually wanted to make a new Post but I can’t have a post under my own post. 31.01.20

After the announced PTR Patch Notes 2.6.8 and what Blizzard wants us to do and not to do. I give my own personal wishlist to skills and items.

1. Arcane Orb - Frozen Orb:
I feel that the playstyle especially with LoD is pretty enjoyable but my gut says they could need a little damage buff. And the other Arcane Orb runes feel a little underwhelming, mainly I love the Spark rune and it’s animation. :slight_smile:

2. Energy Twister
Just like above I feel the need to up the damage. If I look at Saxtris or Zoltun Kulle Tornadoes I get to envy both, cause their Tornados are seeking after me and I would love as a great Wizard that I can have similiar powers as both of them. My Tornadoes seeking out my foes, so that they shatter in fear and agony.

3. Explosive Blast
This skill and supporting legendaries just don’t have enough oom to kill my enemies fast enough as I bring myself in Danger going pretty close to them blowing them up. Especially Orb of Infinite Depth does in my opinion to less to push Explosive blast to it’s limit. While it’s a great defensive Item allready on it’s own it would be cool do have it buff explosive blast damage. So my foes won’t feel safe, feel they got me then I’m close to the burning hells.

6 Likes

The existing Wizard sets desperately need a tune-up, particularly Delsere’s Magnum Opus and Firebird’s Finery. In a game that is very set driven, the fact that Wizards have, by my count, the lowest skill-to-set item synergy of all 7 classes means that any potential builds are hamstrung by this lack: 26 different skills, and only 10 of them are directly buffed by sets. Of these ten, Firebird’s, Tal Rasha’s and Vyr’s buff only one apiece (Meteor for both Firebird’s and Tal Rasha’s, Archon for Chantodo’s and Vyr’s), leaving DMO to cover the remaining eight alone. Of course, this low skill-to-set item synergy can be explained by the fact that sets like Firebird’s and Tal Rasha’s provide generic elemental damage buffs instead of just solely buffing certain skills, but it does leave Wizards in a unique position of not having the set support for skills that the other classes have.

The alternatives to using a set - LoD builds - are also limited by the scarcity of viable options in gear, particularly in gloves and pants, meaning that even here one is shoe-horned into playing one or two LoD builds.

Basically, despite the fact the Wizard has a bunch of interesting skills, and many great class-specific items, we’ve ended up with situation where without additional legendary items or sets, build variety is being stifled. So many skills, so few viable gear options, as it were.

I agree with you in that I highly doubt it’s reasonable to see a drastic overhaul of existing sets, or the introduction of completely new items, but there are a couple of ways I’d personally like to see this being rectified - most of which you already mentioned Gegeforce, but once more, with feeling for emphasis:

1. Existing, under-performing Wizard sets are given another look over to bring them closer in line with the strongest performing builds
  2. The new Wizard set may go some way to addressing the dearth of sets that significantly buff certain skills, again making these skills, and the legendary items that also provide bonuses to them, viable again
  3. Existing Wizard legendary items have their affixes retuned, making older builds like Chain Lightning, Energy Twister, Frozen Orb and/or Hydras viable again
  4. Existing legendary items that don’t have affixes are granted them, similar to how Echoing Fury, Squirt’s Amulet, and a few other items were given them in 2.6.6
5 Likes

I would love to see more hydra items to make a LoD build with SS, TnT.

Reasonable and Unreasonable Changes:
I’m starting with Skills that allready have supporting legendaries.

Explosive Blast
Wand of Woh: The damage of EB is increased by 500-600% and 3 additional blasts are triggered after casting EB.

Orb of Infinite Depth is a great Legendary but does to little to buff EB so here should be a ‘bigger’ Change.

“Each time you hit an enemy with Explosive Blast your damage is increased by 15-20% and your damage reduction is increased by 20% for 6 seconds. This effect can stack up to 4 times.” + “The damage increase counts 10x for EB.” That means EB damage is increased by 800% damage @4 stacks compared to the 80% damage increase to all other damage sources.

Energy Twister
I don’t think that the two existing supporting legendaries need buffs The Twisted Sword and Ranslors Folly . It needs another cubeable legendary power.

Valthek’s Rebuke should get a changed legendary Power that fixes resource cost management and need of power. "Energy Twister now cost 30% less resources. And it’s damage per second is increased by 300-450%.

Next up is Arcane Orb - Frozen Orb
Again I think it’s two supporting Legendaries are in a fine spot. And it should be buffed by a Cold damage generalist item. And the one item that is designated for it is:
Winter Flurry Your damage against chilled units is increased by 125-150% and chilled units deal 30% less damage. This effect is trippled against frozen enemies.

Mirror Ball:
Mirror Ball "Magic Missile fires 1-2 extra missiles and it’s damage is increased by 600%
Didn’t found another fitting item maybe Atrophy? "Magic Missiles now pierce 3 times through enemies and seek the closest enemy after piercing. Magic missile damage is increased by 125-150 for every piercing.

Spectral Blade
Fragment of Destiny " Spectral Blade attacks 50% faster and deals 600-800% more damage.

Wizard Spike "Spectral Blade gains the Thrown Blade, Barrier Blade and Flame Blade runes and it’s damage is increased with every attack of Spectral Blade by 150-200% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times.

Hydra
Serpent SparkerHydra deals 400-500% more damage and you can have also one more Hydra Active at a time.”

Overwhelming Desire "Hydras deal 500 % more damage after you cast a Signature or Force skill for 6 seconds. Your Hydra cap is increased by 1-2 at any given time.

Now up to the generalit Items.

The Shame of Delsere "Your Signature Spells attack 50% faster, deal 150% more damage and restore 9-12 Arcane Power.

Starfire Lightning damage is increased by 40-60% for every 10 yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 40 yards.

Storm Crow “Your Lightning Damage is increased by 20% for every paralysed enemy in the last 10 seconds. Stacks up to 15 times.”

Sets adjusted for more smoothness.
DMO:
2P: Casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Explosive Blast, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, or Wave of Force reduces the cooldown of Slow Time by 3 seconds. You gain all Slow Time runes.
4p: You take 60% reduced damage while you have a Slow Time active. Allies inside your Slow Time gain half benefit. And you are now allways surrounded by a Slow Time Bubble.
*Comment having a Slow Time bubble always around you opens up a lazier Spectral Blade melee build. And youre now always benifiting from the bonuses granted by Slow Time.
Crown of the Primus “Slow time now deals 2000-4000% weapon damage every second.”

Tal Rasha:
I guess Tal Rasha is fine, but for the fun sakes.
4p: Arcance, Cold, Fire and Lightning attacks each increases all of your resistances and meteor damage by 25% for 8 seconds.

Firebird’s Plume
Mayor issue is the damage reduction and my suggestion is to move it from the 6p to the 4p.
4p: Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire per second for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by different skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously the enemy will Ignite, taking 3000% weapon damage per second until they die. After using 3 different Fire skill your damage taken is reduced by 60%.
6p: Your damage is increased by 400% for each enemy that is Ignited and for 8 seconds after they died. This effect can stack up to 20 times. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster or Boss is Ignited.

That two changes would make the damage mitigation and damage buff more reliable.

Hope the discussion takes up some heat. So it gets the attention it needs.

3 Likes

DMO

Orb of Infinite Depth: Radius of Explosive Blast is increased to 40 yards.

This would at least help with DMO’s clunky nature of being ranged but having to go melee to keep up toughness kinda like a generator Sunwuko Monk WoL monk but that build has an Epiphany varient which feels a lot smoother so at least there are some options

Or to phase out the OoID thing they could give the Crown of Primus a flat 50% this would free up a slot for DMO so you could finally use teleport to go out and about and be much less dependent on Illusory Boots.

Maybe give the 4p or 6p an Archon like effect where you have a slow time bubble always around you.

Another thing they could change is the unstable scepter to either change the current Affix or add a new one so instead of Frozen Orb Exploding twice at the end of its range make it so it explodes 2 times continuously until it reaches the end thus you wouldn’t have to rely on having to stand on max range or having to fire Frozen Orb at a wall to get off max damage on enemies.

Would make playing it a little easier as well as having some more awesome effects to look at so a win-win situation.

Shame of Delsire: now also increases the attack speed of Arcane or by by 50%

Firebird

just so you can survive I’d suggest moving the damage reduction part from 6p to 4p so you don’t have to have an elite around you to at least survive.

I don’t quite know much about other builds but you guys are smart you’ll think of something. And share it with everybody! Share this post with your mom, your kids, your grandmom! this needs to gain some traction!

Teleport really needs to be reworked!
Wizard is by far the class with the worst mobility!
Aether Walker was created to compensate that, but cant be used, as we would loose too much damage, when using Aether Walker.

1 Like

Triumvirate
Arcane Orb deals 333% more damage and now restores 50 Arcane power.

Proposed alterations for existing sets:

Tal-Rasha’s Elements:

• 2 piece effect:
    • Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause a Meteor of the same damage type to fall from the sky. There is an 8 second cooldown for each damage type. Casting an elemental skill may reduce the remaining cooldown of meteors of the same damage type by 0.25 second.
    • Comment: The idea is to grant single elemental users some power by allowing their attacks to lower the meteor cooldown, this of course should still benefit multi-elemental users as well.
  • 4 piece effect:
    • Elemental attacks increase all resistances and meteor damage by 25% for 8 seconds, this effect stacks four times. Additional attacks will refresh the effect.
    • Comment: Saw the post above with the idea to boost meteor and thought it was neat. Also allow players to utilize three or less elemental attacks and still benefit.
  • 6 piece effect:
    • Elemental attacks increase total damage done by 800% for 8 seconds, this effect stacks 10 times and will refresh upon additional casts. Casting a different elemental attack from the last attack grants two stacks, while casting a different elemental attack from the last two attacks grants three stacks, and casting a different elemental attack from the last three attacks grants four stacks.
    • Comment: The current iteration of Tal-Rasha requires players to juggle their elements in order to attain the full damage bonus; after the fourth stack has been gained however, players may mostly juggle between two different elemental skills, rarely using any more unless it’s to reapply the 4 or 6 piece effect (if it’s been lost). That said, removing the juggling aspect of the set is not my intent, on the contrary using different elemental attacks will still be beneficial as players who utilize different elemental attacks will gain the full damage bonus faster than players who may opt for a more singular elemental specialization.

Delsere’s Magnum Opus:

• 2 piece effect:
    • Casting a primary or arcane spender skill reduces the remaining cooldown of Slow Time by three seconds. Also reduce the resource and cooldown cost of all skills by 20% while within a Slow Time Sphere.
  • 4 piece effect:
    • The Wizard takes 60% reduced damage and move xx% faster while they have a Slow Time sphere up, and allies within the sphere take 30% reduced damage.
  • 6 piece effect:
    • Casting Slow Time will also create a Time Bubble that’ll follow the Wizard for 15 seconds and any additional Slow Time casts will refresh the duration. Attacking with a primary or spender skill while within a time bubble will grant a time stack, up to 5 stacks. Each time stack causes enemies affected by your Slow Time to take XXXX% weapon damage every second. Enemies affected by Slow Time take 8500% more damage from all primary and arcane spender skills and XXXX% more damage from the Slow Time spheres. This effect, as well as Slow Time’s usual effects, persist for 5 seconds after enemies leave the sphere.
    • Comment: The proposed idea is to return Delsere to its roots by allowing Slow Time to act as a damage dealing skill while also adding more skills to the set’s arsenal.

Firebird’s Finery:

• 2 piece effect:
    • When you die, a meteor falls from the sky, reviving you. This effect has a 150 second cooldown. Upon taking fire damage, reduce the effect’s cooldown by 1 second and for 15 seconds after reviving recover 0.5% of your maximum life.
  • 4 piece effect:
    • Dealing fire damage to enemies causes them to become ignited, making them take xx% more damage from all fire attacks. Dealing additional fire damage to ignited enemies causes them to explode, dealing xxx% to nearby enemies and to themselves. Upon igniting an enemy, take 60% reduced damage and gain xx% movement speed for 10 seconds (effect is reapplied whenever you first ignite an enemy or damage an already ignited enemy with fire attacks).
  • 6 piece effect:
    • While an enemy is ignited, convert X% of any damage you take to fire and increase all fire damage dealt by xxxx%. Upon an ignited enemy exploding for a fourth time, engulf the ground beneath them in lava that deals xxxx% damage per second for 5 seconds.
    • Comment: Honestly, I would just want to get rid of needing more than one fire spell to ignite an enemy as well as the elite dragging aspect that makes up the current iteration of the set.

Vyr’s Amazing Arcana:

• Quick Note: I honestly believe that the archon skill should have the Combustion, Teleport, and Slow Time abilities by default. Doing so would free up three runes of the skill, which could then be changed into something else entirely.
    • For example:

Now in the event that no such change will or can occur:

• 2 piece effect:
    • For every 10 archon stacks gained, reduce the remaining cooldown of Archon by 5%. Archon gains effects of all Runes.
    • Comment: Having a natural cooldown reduction ability can allow players to opt out of stacking cooldown reduction or zodiac and use an alternative instead.
  • 4 piece effect:
    • Archon kill stacks also increase Attack Speed, Armor and Resistances by 1% per stack.
  • 6 piece effect:
    • Gain one Archon stack per hit or per tick of damage of any Archon ability. Archon stacks also reduce damage taken by 0.15% each and their damage bonus increases to 100% per stack. Increase the damage of all Archon abilities by XX% per Archon Stack.
    • Comment: An issue in my opinion with the Vyr’s Archon is that the archon skills themselves deal very little damage, especially when in comparison to the Chantodo set. This creates a problem whereas instead of being an optional support set for vyr, Chantodo is a set that’s absolutely mandatory for when using vyr’s archon.

As for legendary items, I’ll hold off on that for now.

1 Like

It would be nice if the DMO-Set could be used with only one Main Skill, apart from Slow Time.

So the Skillbar could look like this:

Slow Time, Main Skill (Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Explosive Blast, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, or Wave of Force), Teleport, Magic Weapon, Familiar, Armor.

(2) Set:
Slow Time now follows you and its size is increased.
Casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Explosive Blast, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, or Wave of Force reduces the cooldown of Slow Time by 3 seconds.

(4) Set:
You take 60% reduced damage while you have a Slow Time active and your movement speed is increased by 60%. Allies inside your Slow Time gain half benefit.

(6) Set:
Enemies take 9999% increased damage from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Explosive Blast, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, and Wave of Force abilities, while Slow Time is active.

Triumvirate (Orb)
Arcane Orb deals 333% more damage and now restores 50 Arcane Power.

Spectral Blade (Orb)
Spectral Blade gains the effect of all runes and deals 333% more damage.
Furthermore, Spectral Blade teleports you to your target.

Magic Missile (1-Handed-Wand)
Magic Missile now deals 666% weapon damage, becomes a Seeker, searching for targets, and has a high chance to bounce between targets.

Energy Twister (Orb)
Energy Twister now restores 50 Arcane Power and deals 333% More damage.
Furthermore, Energy Twister now automatically follows targets.

Explosive Blast I (1-Handed-Wand)
Explosion Blast now immediately deals 2222% weapon power as Arcane, Cold, Lightning or Fire to all enemies within 25 yards.

Explosive Blast II (1-Handed-Wand)
Removes the Cooldown of Explosion Blast.
Explosion Blast is now triggered at the position of your cursor and deals 666% more damage.

I agree some legendaries really need some tweaks, even some sets. I’ll try to follow the “rule” set about the first post, and elaborate about the changes I would like to see.

DMO

What’s wrong with it ?

• IMO, the set core mechanic is clunky. You need to permanently recast Slow time to keep the bonus active, and ST does’nt cover a good area.
  • Due to this mechanic, the set lacks DPS. And some options doesn’t stack good with it. Twister needs bracers, which can expulse the enemy over the slow time. Explosive blast is about mobility/speedfarming, and we are not really mobile with DMO.

Suggestion:
Supress the 2 piece bonus, and introduce this one:
Hitting enemies with Explosive Blast, Wave of Force, Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, Spectral Blade or Shock Pulse casts Slow Time on the enemy. This effect can occur once per 2/3 seconds.

The idea is pretty simple: Give the set more fluid gameplay, and focus more about DPS than casting slow time everywhere on the map.

Legendaries Rework for DMO:
Crown of the Primus: Slow time gains every runes, and now follows you.
-> The idea is taken from the post above, which is really great for some EB builds with DMO. We have the possibility to take this affix from the Archon Slow time, which already does this.

Gesture of Orpheus:
Enemies trapped in Slow Time takes X% increased damage
-> This need a rework. We mainly focus about DPS in the Weapon Slot, and DMO already is enough for slow time casting. I did’nt have many ideas about this one…

Tweaking some legendaries:
As said by many of us, many legendaries has no utility, or stayed untouch for many patch.

Serpent Sparker: adds +X% damage on Hydra.
Most likely, this will happen, since Hydra was asked to be buffed by many.

The Magistrate: adds X% damage on Hydra and gain Mammoth Hydra rune.
Honestly, this one is garbage since Frost Hydra (and globally Hydra) is garbage. I can’t tell the change it needs, since we don’t know how Hydra will be tweaked. I remember Mammoth Hydra was the choice with old FB build. Having each Hydra capable laying a trait of elements seems good, and can open new choices.

Valthek Rebuke:Energy Twister now cost 30% less resources. And it’s damage per second is increased by 300-450%
I liked the idea above, most suitable IMO and allows us to cast it, and not be forced to play channeling wizz. Pretty good.

Fragment of Destiny: Primary skills attack 50% faster and deal 150-200% increased damage.
I feel it’s kinda sad to limit this to one skill. We have Mykhen’s, Mirror ball, this should allow more flexibility.

There is many more, but I feel solving already this could bring up new possibilities in the META.

1 Like

They should bring back the old DMO (4) affix and slap it on the wand:

Slow Time no longer has a cool down but consumes 20 Arcane Power per cast and deals 2000-3000% weapon damage every second to enemies inside its area of effect.

That way it would become a damaging dealing attack and arcane power spender. As such it could trigger Tal Rasha or Firebird.

Regarding DMO, one important change should be made… change the nasty skill restriction from a select few to “arcane power spenders and signature skills”. That way, my proposed change to the GoO wand could also benefit from DMO and it would also include Meteor, all channeling skills and Black Hole while keeping Archon out of the picture (Archon is neither spender nor signature) … that in connection with your suggestion regarding the (2) piece bonus would bring the whole set to a new level.

2 Likes

Completely agree with this.

I kinda like your idea about the Wand, since Slow time could become again a damage dealing attack. Synergising with other sets like TR/FB is great.

Otherwise, I feel kinda meh about canalisation skills/meteor in DMO. It’s not that I am particularly against it, but they are already preominant.

• Meteor is already used a lot with TR/SP, I don’t want it to become preominant again.
  • We are already forced to use canalisation as DPS multiplier with Thanatos/ES, and the auto cast gameplay is kinda meh. This force us to give up almost all of our mobility.

For me, what was good about DMO:

• A good support to the team with DMO 4 piece bonus
  • CC brought up by the set
  • The nervous spamming GP, which needs good AP on crit and good ressource management

Canalisation with autocast, is, IMO, boring and make the class loose a lot of mobility. But that’s just my feeling about it! ^^

Anyway, let me add some further legendaries tweaks/rework:

Electrocution wizz

Personally, i am kinda sad this spell is left on the corner. It’s one simple skill, but whis a great feeling about power. Like you’re Palpatine.

• Consider Electrocute as a channeling spell, so it benefits from Thanatos/ES
    Even if I don’t like it, it’s a simple solution to make Electrocution a viable skill. With a slight rework, we could achieve a good TK.

Mykhen’s ball of hate: Electrocute can chain to the enemies who have already been hit.
→ Make this affix basic on Electrocute. Then add:
Electrocute gain Forked Lightning rune. Charged bolts released by Electrocute deals X% more damage
Chaotic electrocutions everywhere
OR
Electrocute gains X% damage for each enemy electrocuted
More simple, rather very effective for killing trash.

Velvet Camaret: Add some bonus damage to Electrocution, the passive is already good and very suitable for electrocution.

Legendary Bracers:_ Electrocution deals X% more damage while Three or less Enemies are electrocuted. Electrocution deals Y% more damage
Like Nilfur’s, this bracer could help for Mono/Elite DPS.

2 Likes

This is a much better set that some of your other ideas. Well done! Honestly I think your two set is better than anything I’ve suggested, with the caveat of them resetting a slow time cool down that is never on CD.

I’d ask why you need to reduce the CD of Slow Time if it’s always following you though. This is where you’d do something like "slow time now follows you, has an increased radius and enemies trapped within it take 400% more damage.

Your energy twister suggestion is good too. The item already exists it’s a staff called Valtheks Rebuke. Just update that! The rest of the items not so much but… baby steps :slight_smile:

@Venaliter:

I’d ask why you need to reduce the CD of Slow Time if it’s always following you though. This is where you’d do something like "slow time now follows you, has an increased radius and enemies trapped within it take 400% more damage.

What I mean is: When you cast Slow Time, it will be around you. Exactly the same like Archon - Slow Time.

Your energy twister suggestion is good too. The item already exists it’s a staff called Valtheks Rebuke. Just update that!

Valtheks Rebuke causes Energy Twister to travel in a straight path.
It is completely different to what I have suggested.

I want Energy Twister to automatically follow enemies, similar to Magic Missile Seeker or Heavens Fury.

So, you cast ET and it will automatically move in the direction of nearby enemies and follow them for x seconds.

firebird does too little damage and limits build to fire, dmo is annoying because its the only set where you are spamming and have to put slow time on a bar, tal rasha is armor hungry without taeguk and limits builds, every wizard legendary skill boost arcane orb, explosive blast, chain lightning, magic missile, hydra, nado, etc don’t do enough damage to keep up with limitless damage ceilings like star pact and archon. It is such that it doesn’t even make sense to try to buff them to those levels without putting a limit on archon stacks. Archon in and of itself is annoying to play thanks to being hard locked cold for viability.

furthermore bane of the stricken is nice but being forced to run it on every late game grift build kills build diversity more than any of this. It should be a passive after grift 75 that is always active since it is a requirement and I don’t see any way around using it. That small change would open up so many gem options and builds.

• For me, the FB build is garbage due to how you proc the damage.
    I think every wiz will agree on this, it’s not even viable for farming T16 fast.

Proc the 6 piece bonus is horrible, you need 3 fire skills (which often leads to take useless spells for procs in your action bar) and it’s hard to achieve the 20 stacks without an elite.

I prefered the older version IMO, with the DoT mechanic, which we played with Blizzard/hydra.

• Otherwise, every Wiz build is armor hungry, since we globally lack toughness.

For me the Vyr/Chantodo set feels a little cluncky ATM:

• The main DPS doesn’t come from Archon Skills, but from chantodo waves. Which is pretty bad as an Archon Gameplay IMO.
  • Stacking Chantodo 20 and Swami rotation is meh. I should worry about being “perma archon”, and get as much archon stacks as possible. The set has a dead time between archon rotation which feels bad.

I would love to see old archon mechanic back, where we could get +1s archon duration by skills. Even if Chantodo is fine since it’s a top GR build, I don’t like it so much.

1 Like

There’s two new item affixes I would REALLY like to see:

1- Whenever you cast an ability centered on your character (explosive blast, frost nova, wave of force, ray of frost - sleet storm, etc.), an intangible mirror image appears at your cursor location and the ability is cast from there instead

reasoning: there are waaaaay too many skills that require to be in melee range to be effective, and for a ranged class, this is pretty counterintuitive, to say the least. This would enable the use of skills like frost nova and such at range, which would be very helpful.

2- while channeling a spell, other spells you cast have no cast animation.

reasoning : Etched Sigil is nice, but I want complete control over the spells I cast, not having the game pick a spell at random every second. Having the ability to cast other spells on command would be extremely useful.

P.S.: These aren’t taking damage discussion in consideration, since that’s simply number tweaking and extremely easy to fix

o-----------------------------------------------------o

Spell coefficients

Can we ****ing fix those already? Jesus. It’s a balance artifact from 5+ years ago from a knee-jerk reaction to critical mass, needs to get reverted. Man, what a f’in trainwreck the balancing of critical mass was.

Just wanted to summarize what suggestions were the most wanted & probably “easist” changes.

1. Have a Slow Time bubble always around you. Either via DMO or an Item.

2. Have the damage reduction part of Firebird moved to the 4pc.

3. General damage increases to exisiting legendary Powers. F.e. adding a damage multiplier to Serpent Sparker for more Hydra damage. Or giving Fragment of Destiny a big boost to all primary skills.

My guess it the only changes that could happen in 2.6.8 are the first point and the third point. My believe for class focus in the next patch would look like this:

2.6.8: DH & Necromancer
2.6.9: Witch Doctor + Barbarian or Wizard
2.6.10: Wizard My believe is that Wizard will be last in the attention for a massive overhaul. Cause besides a new set, it would need an overhaul of the Firebird set, too.

That’s why we have more time to colect ideas and see what changes happend for other classes. But we should unite and try to push 1-3 simple changes for every patch to come. Maybe we find someone who can to the math like the Barbs did.

Could also be, we are to late for this patch. But my wish for this patch is
(from highest wanted to less wanted)

• “Slow time is always around you” (Whether it be smaller in size or bigger or standard size. Through DMO or an additional item. For my reasoning it should be directly on DMO because else it probably want be used to lose of damage and need of RoRG. And it would take some clunkiness out of a Wizard set.

• Serpent Sparker: You may have an extra Hydra up at a time and Hydra damage is increased by xxx% damage. (One item won’t make a viable end game build but it is a start)

• Fragment of Destiny: Your primary skill deal x% amount of damage more and attack 50% faster.

And I found a flaw in my older suggestions any “generalist” buffs would also buff Vyrs + Chantodo. :confused: Just to come to an earlier point for someone who is good at math.

F.e. LoD/DMO Frozen Orb is around 10-12 GR levels behind the set target of gr 130. That would mean FO needs a buff of 170-204% seperate multiplier? Or it’s two existing powers increased to Version A: Unstable Scepter increased to 1215-1386% or Version B: Triumvirate to 912-1216% damage per stack. or Version C: Unstable Scepter to ~785% max and Triumvirate to max 698% per stack. Sorry that this post is so unstructured.

First thing I’d look at is Teleport. I’d remove the cd and make it cost resource baseline. Then change Aether Walker to reduce the resource cost by 50% and gain the calamity rune. I’d add to the illusionist passive that Teleport costs no resource.

Next I’d up the spell coefficients on hit chance for a lot of skills. Many of them are very low and I won’t list it here but please.

The rest is more wishful thinking :smirk_cat:

Take a look at some of our janky or boring passives:

-Increase the duration of conflagrate to 6s

-Arcane Dynamo changed to 3 stacks 20% each.

-Glass Cannon increases all damage by 30% and decreases armor and resistances by 10% and make it multiplicative

-Prodigy reduced to 4AP per hit but also heals you for some %of life

-Temporal Flux I’d change from 80s slow to just immobilize for 2s

-Blur ~ add when hit by melee attack increased chance to dodge for a few seconds

~Item Changes~

*Mirror Ball ~ Always rolls 2 increased missiles. Magic Missile pierces and also gains the split rune (yes, 5 missiles). Magic Missile hits increase the damage of your arcane spenders by x% stacking y times for z seconds.

*The Oculus ~ Mirror Images gains the effect of all runes. (The current overlap with illusionist passive is redundant)

*Winter’s Flurry ~ Added functionality ~ Cold skills cost 50% less resource.

*Fragment of Destiny ~ Spectral Blades also gains the Barrier Rune. It’s increased damage effect also stacks up to x times.

*Blackhand Key ~ Black Hole gains the effect of Supermassive and Event Horizon runes.

*Light of Grace ~ Remove the piercing of Ray of Frost. Increase the damage of all channeling skills by x%. When hit for more than 10-15% of your life while channeling, gain diamond skin (with an ICD of course)

*Dark Mage’s Shade ~ Added functionality - Diamond Skin cd reduced by ~5s, now releases an AoE blind at the end of its duration.

*Myken’s Ball of Hate ~ Added functionality - Electrocute also gains the Chain Lightning rune.

*Storm Crow ~ Removed the secondary affix. Lightning damage now has a significant chance to cast a free Blizzard (Lightning Storm)

*Wizardspike ~ Changed to Wave of Force gains the Static Pulse and Debilitating runes.

*Jang’s Envelopment ~ Also increases Black Hole pull duration by a few seconds

Ideally, I’d like to move away from DW/Etched Sigil channeling builds and devote a few legendaries to specific skills we can build around. I feel like all 5 of our Force skills should have supporting legendaries to at least make them viable for a LoD build.

I didn’t touch or consider the sets here so it’s all just thinking out loud.