Will D4 have mmo stuff?

But now you’re lumping everything together, have you played ragnarok online?, it’s a stat/skill point bonanza with less focus on gear and more on character stats.

It’s a long a slow leveling experiance with immunities and resistances. You can heal undead to hurt them. Attacking a fire elemental with fire might heal it.

You may not like the art style and such, but it has a lot of the things you like, you should try it.

Ooh and the best thing, I dont think it has cooldowns, and some abilities require reagents.

Might as well say every one of your RPGs are the same too.

Rashiel, i will test soon. Looks interesting.

I mean, WoW is undeniable extremely successful. This is why a lot of people started to copy(something who IMHO is an terrible idea since wow has decades of content development and an community and nobody will leave his friends and guild mates to join in a different mmo)

This is different than Overwatch, OW popularized the “hero shooter” genre but you don’t see battlefield and other FPS franchises copying the OW model… That is the big difference. I don’t wanna see ultimate on battlefield VI for eg.

@Orrion, not true. VtMB is extremely different than Diablo 2, ToEE and etc. Not only gameplay wise, but mechanical side too.

They’re the same if you generalize it enough, which is exactly what you tend to do with MMOs.

Overwatch did not popularize the team shooter genre. Overwatch E-sported the team shooter genre.

shouldn’t that be everything

I disagree. On most mmos, all you do is ALT-TAB and trow an rotation of skills. Some inovated and … You trow the same skills on rotation while aiming on the enemy(and this games tends to have awful ballistics with arrows magically disappearing after few meters)

Look to D3 who followed the mindset, every class and build is the same, one generator, one spender, one mobility, one ulti(…) and compare to d2 where an fire and an wind druid are completely different, good for completely different things despite being focused in the same "tree"and invest into few minions or not impact how you play with your druid…

I see no difference between this two rift runners…

Then you aren’t looking hard enough.

Man, you always use the same tired lines.

And even if that were true, it’s incredibly silly for you to decry MMOs for having rotations when most ARPGs center themselves around spamming a couple buttons - and aiming at the enemy.

Even your vaunted DS2 only has 10 distinct offensive Fire spells… and I’m willing to bet builds don’t use all 10 (and I’m not counting the Acid spells because… yeah, acid isn’t fire). The most diverse Pyro build I can find uses 6, and some advocate using only 4.

Plus, you tend to group together priority rotations and regular rotations. They aren’t the same damn thing, and you sound very ignorant when you do it. I gave an example earlier in the thread to toad about how WoW breaks cooldown timers and rotations by giving some skills a chance to reset a CD. So even if the CD is 8 seconds long, you’re almost never waiting that long, and even if you did there’s other buttons to press.

In short… stop it already.

As far as your D2 comparison goes… yay Fire and Wind druids were different. Why don’t you tell me what a Frozen Orb Sorceress did instead?

That is what RPG’s have always done. Build a character that makes a few damage skills as efficient as possible through synergy between those skills, items equipped, and passive talents.

What they haven’t done is some of the garbage D3 tried to push like forcing the player into MMO style cycles. If cycles exist in RPG’s it’s due to choices the player made for the play style they enjoy not due to nonsensical mechanics with no other purpose than to restrict play styles to what the developers deem acceptable.

There are builds who uses much more skills. My bone necro ended the game using

• auras and teleport from items(2~3 skills)
  • Fire golem to distract the enemy, iron when he have an good item to sacrifice and clay against boses(3 skills)
  • Bone spear against line and bone spirit against single target(2 skills)
  • Revive as meatshields (+1)
  • Amplify Damage + Corpse explosion against magic immune mobs(2 skills)
  • Decrepify against boses(+1)
  • Bone wall + Bone prison as defensive and battlefield control spells(+2)

LOD increased the number of skills on shortcut by a reason. Was an demand from the community

In total i was using a lot of skills and none of then was on CD. See, Diablo 1/2 is so amazing that you can build your character to use one skill if you like or dozens if you like.

And all skills mentioned are vastly different. And this talking to D2, on more classic RPG’s like M&M VII, i was constantly using almost all of my spell and the fact that i din’t found in any dungeon or merchant an vital spell make me have an hard time in a dungeon.

As long as the solo player isn’t left swinging in the breeze while the groups get all the rewards I’ll be happy. This is the one thing about D3 that has consistently left a sour taste in my experience throughout

Lol you’re nuts.

D1 doesn’t even have dozens of skills, and the Sorcerer is the only class able to make effective use of more than a handful due to the stat restrictions of the Rogue and Warrior. Both of those classes mostly used auto attacks.

But they are extremely different. Fire bolt, fire wall, etc are completely different despite all being fire skills. The problem with most mmos is that you have a lot of skills that all are the same except by visuals…

Diablo 1 has 42 spells counting the hellfire + item only spells if i remember correctly. This is a tinny limitation compared to M&M VI who only considering the elemental spells(fire/water/earth/air) has 44 spells(11 per school) and has more than 100 different spells counting all schools, but D1 still much more than only use auto-attack… You can choose to play with auto attack only if you like and what is the problem?

Anyway, old games has a lot of problems too, recently i decided to try Pool of Radiance 2, Ruins of Myth Drannor but could’t play the game due an awful mouse acceleration, but Diablo 1 still in top of most sold gog games…

i play Diablo 3 because:

-it is the best ISO-blaster in the world IMO
-(it has no cooldowns that dominate a roll-gameplay, in my case)
-it doesn’t need dozens of keys to play
-i play solo

that’s why, IMO, there’s no need or urge to start thinking MMO.

EDIT: D3 has cooldowns, i forgot about them because they play such a minor role in my gameplay.

2 Likes

Some of the abilities literally say they have a cooldown. For example…
Wrath of the Berserker

Cooldown: 120 seconds

Enter a berserker rage which raises several attributes for 20 seconds.
Critical Hit Chance: 10%
Attack Speed: 25%
Dodge Chance: 20%
Movement Speed: 20%

blizzard sodomy.
the anal pass.
the easing of making nothing new in wow for a while the last 6 months of cataclysm
and directly into the RMAH attempt.
oh…blizzard has been directly aiming for wallets and experimenting how MUCH they can get away with bang for buck for QUITE A WHILE NOW>
dont delude yourself.
in fact i would go as far as to say that blizzard has done an immense service to the absolute pile of crap cash grab that the videogame industry is now. a true trail blazer in that regard. by creatively investing and taking risks to show how far they can push the envelope. and behind them a tidal wave of bacteria laden gaseous meatbags travel in thier wake ‘safely’ designing garbage with all the cutting edge anti consumer tropes at thier disposal.

You must be either blind or trolling…

Yes, i agree. Diablo 1/2, Warcraft 1/2/3, Starcraft 1… But Blizzars is not the unique. See BioWare, they made Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights(not confuse with mmo), Star Wars KOTOR, Jade Empire and tons of other games and now only made awful games like Andromeda and Anthem.

But the idea that Attributes should be attributes(measure your char capabilities), armor should be armor(offers protection), supernatural powers should be like supernatural powers of novels/movies, etc is that an radical idea???

a fusion of diablo2 with runescape and ultima online but with better graphics ; the Frankenstein game i really want to play ; maybe someday.

i wanted some baldur’s gate 3 in there but Larian Studios is already working on that so that’d be unethical :slight_smile:

1 Like

The unique Larian game that i liked was Divine Divinity. BG3 Will be AWFUL!! The lead developer Vincke said that “missing not work on video games”, that “leveling is too slow”, that “spell slots are not intuitive”, so i an not expecting anything better than Sword Coast Legends, an game who failed the studio by not following the rules and trying to put modern bu***** like cooldowns into D&D. Hell, Missing works in video games adaptations since Pool of Radiance(1988), and even action games like Diablo 1/2 have armor who deflect blows and you miss a lot on melee with poor stats.

And yes, i really miss games like D1/D2, you don’t need 15+ classes with 60+different archetypes, 15+ bloodlines only for sorcerers to choose and 1000+ spell effects(summon monster IX can summon up to 9 different creatures) and tons of different subraces for tieflings like PF:KM, only simple attributes who measure your character capabilities and simple armor that works like armor is enough for me.

As for UO and Runescape, i never tried but heard good things about this two games. I really with that D4 will have armor that works like armor and attributes that works like attributes.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping, but i an watching blizzcon, he mentioned a “demo”, people who played the demo, please awnser me. Will have coldowns, mmoish itemization and etc??

1 Like