Why wont they fix Barb

Flag the OP for Inappropriate Conduct (calling out & harassing players) and ignore.

:smirk_cat: :smirk_cat: :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

@IamIronMan
I agree in principle with the sentiment and defended Free in a post above; however, look at your own post, especially the last sentence. Do you see the internal inconsistency?

Edit: I see that you now have deleted your last sentence that I felt was inflammatory.

Unfortunately it is now almost completely a rend build. Now with the current buff several builds no longer use or need to use skull grasp or anything related to WW other than Taeguk for the DMG reduction and damage through WW.

Some do not use Mantle either or Bul Kathos Oath and use Istvan’s instead. HC and SC are a little different. Many in HC seem to use more conventional builds.
There is a strong indicator that the whirlwind is not of the value it was before.

2 Likes

The barb buff proposal included rend buffs just not the auto apply feature.

1 Like

I get that. While I could justifiably be accused of stating the obvious from anyone that looked at the builds on the boards, I was noticing the differences. BTW, I enjoyed the new change, it is definitely a smoother gameplay, if a person wishes to use rend now.

1 Like

I like the change to auto rend; however, this is a controversial position.

1 Like

Did you try it with Istvans? I can almost say it ‘feels different’ if that is possible with a mouse and keyboard behind a computer screen.

1 Like

I’ve just tried ww. That is pretty nice. And was really a nice surprise that I haven’t experienced lags… My problem is I don’t like ww.
I’m curious about seismic slam barb. And LoD too. But I’m a leapquaker in heart so no benefit right now…

Man. Are you serious? Free is a player who share thoughts in comminuty. Devs do things in game not because a player response. Only because if they want or not. They are the one you know who decide to boost numbers or not. It is only a power creep. A lot of player was talking about barbs since years. Do you really think Free enters do some calculations and all will change? No. There wasn’t any need to do Free’s calculations because:

1. He is only a player.
  2. Don’t know the game mechanics.

Players can give feedbacks. And devs will find out if they care about feedback or not. If yes they have find out how to solve it… that would be the correct way. If devs need a player to get to know how to change anything in the game’s damage hierarchy than devs are simply idiots. Well maybe they are and Free we have to do the job instead of them. Do you say this? Try to forget this overhyped Free thing. I appriciate that he/she do feedbacks but do not make him an influencer… this can’t work in this way…

2 Likes

Who plays the game far more than the devs do. And took the time to meticulously construct a humongous feedback thread, essentially doing the devs’ thinking for them.

It’s called common sense, dearie.

Nope. It was stating a fact.

The sky is blue, the grass is green, :cow::cow::cow: go moooooooo, trolls troll because they got nothing better to do.

:eye: See?

Or are you just grasping at straws for an excuse to flag me because I said your forum stats thread was spam?

1 Like

You have to give Free credit. With Rage, they wrote out a detailed proposal (albeit with several issues in my mind). They made a website. They made a strategic decision to post in general discussion rather than the barb forum and resisted suggestions that the thread be moved to barb forum. They used the barb forum to encourage barbs to post in general dissusion and to “address” critics. I disagree philosophical with some of these choices. There is an old saying about train schedules that may be apt.

@IamIronMan
You do not know me well. I have only flagged about 5 posts total in the new forum that were completely outrageous. I think in all but 1 case, the posts was hidden due to the flag count or deleted entirely.

See for scientific fun: Why is the Sky Blue? (with picture)

If it is true than developers salary should have been sent to Free… There are a lot of barb who palyed plenty more than Free and shared their thoughts… Some of the thoughts will be always implemented because players can give good feedback. Not only Free but a lot player. But only in GENERAL! A detailed proposal from a player wich calculate the damage dealt can’t be taken serious. Can’t, because a player don’t know the mechanics. A player only can presume some kind of mechanics… and that is why a detailed proposal absolutely redundant. If any dev take it serious than those devs should have been fired. Moreover: all boss of the devs…
Don’t missunderstand me: it is really good and I appriciate if someone share his/her thoughts. But plz don’t make one person the reason of this change…

The rend changes are actually good. Without the auto apply and one second effect the lag would be pretty epic. WW has always been sort of easy mode, and fun. The HOTA changes seem to be good too but need a bit more work. I think skilled players can get more out of it than a WW build. If not it needs adjustment. You’ll certainly need more effort to make it work for you. Overall I’m pretty happy about it.

1 Like

5 Likes

For you too lol

4 Likes

Here’s the thing.

1. Free and Rage are themselves not taking sole credit for this, they’ve always maintained that it is a community effort.
  2. you don’t know people’s playtimes, so throwing out that plenty of people have played more barb than Free doesn’t make sense in a discussion about facts.
  3. Yes, plenty of barbs (Free included) have been making buff requests and suggestions for years… And for the most part those were ignored. So Free and Rage took things a step further, wrote up a detailed proposal with options, made a website to host it, and got community support, feedback, and confirmation that the devs had seen it via Nev. Are you really suggesting that this is all a coincidence that the first time barb gets love is right after the proposal? The devs referenced community feedback in the PTR patch notes. I’m guessing that the well thought out organized proposal that had overwhelming community support is what they were referring to, considering the changes we got.
  4. For the OP (that may or may not be an alt for Lady P anyway), Free can’t be blamed for the actual content of the buffs if you don’t agree with the methodology. Some of the proposal ideas were used, but some were not. The devs made the call on what changes they thought were appropriate.

It’s also worth noting that if rend gets tuned down as a result of ptr testing, then maybe the ratio of damage relevance between WW/DD and Rend will be a little more even.

2 Likes

Do you play the game? Put me or any player that’s active since day 1 vanila and we will lecture the current D3 devs about game mechanics like Professors teaching primary school students.

Simply looking at 2 of the new sets, you dont even need to play these builds to identify the problems. Strong indication its designed by Classics team, not the D3 developers.

We dont overhype a player, but you can not discredit a players input. Barb buff is the work of the entire community, however while each one knows the flaws, the ones actually putting together and presented in a strong case should get the credit. Hence Free / Rage and amongst others contributed to that website and the feed back should be respected.

Remember they are not developers, they have a family/job and other committments too. They choose to contribute to the whole community while the other who knows the maths grinds the game in that time.

3 Likes

Barb is much much stronger than it was. I did a 120 with minimal effort on the PTR, and can barely do that with Vyr wiz on PTR now. My wiz has near perfect gear and 120 augments. Barb has some shoddily rolled gear NO AD and 100 augments, yet did 120 3 minutes faster. You may not like WW Rend but its gonna be the new speed meta, unless they nerf before going live.

The sad thing is I see that happening, they are gonna say its overtuned and needs to be dialed back.

1 Like

I normally don’t respond to trolls, but this has gotten out of hand. Not sure why you have such a problem with me, but let’s set the record straight.

Wrong. After Rage and I created the Buff Proposal, we talked directly with Nev, who confirmed that the devs read our proposal and were considering its ideas. Now, just to be clear: our proposal was a community effort–yes, Rage and I organized, wrote, and publicized it, but the community helped generate, refine, and continue to draw attention to the ideas. That said, Rage and I were the public faces of the effort, and when Blizzard reached out to someone, it was to me.

This is laughably wrong.

Yes, I am a player, but I’m also a community veteran, and something of a Barb expert. I also understand game design, at least on an amateur level, and I know very well the game’s mechanics. Rage and I did some very exact computations–if you read the proposal, we show all our math, and it has been double and triple-checked.

Are some of the new buffed Barb items the result of years of player feedback? Of course! But look very closely: the buffed items are, in some cases, exactly what we proposed, and even the affixes that vary are located on the items we suggested. We also requested the reintroduction of Mortick’s, which happened last patch.

Insidious is right when he said that Rage and I took things a step further. We organized the effort it took to make change happen. None of this is coincidence. It was, ultimately the Barb community that came together, consolidated their voices, and were heard.

Frankly, I am.

I write and maintain the most complete Barb build guides anywhere. I get threads stickied. I mobilize, organize, and lead community efforts. I liaison between top-ranked players and noobs to find middle ground. I communicate directly with Blizzard and, when necessary, I also spend time helping players on other sites such as Dfans, Reddit, and Icy Veins. In fact, I spend more time helping players refine their builds and understand the game’s mechanics than I do playing.

I’m not tooting my own horn when I say I’m an “influencer.” Our proposal was widely read, widely shared, and widely discussed–by several YouTube channels, podcasts, and even in conversations between myself and Nev.

The work I do is for the community, period. I don’t make a dime doing this. And for folks like you and this Aysrian creep to mouth off the way y’all are is ridiculous. Not sure when I peed in your Corn Flakes, but given half the opportunity, I’d do it again.

Now, y’all don’t have to like me. That’s fine. Not sure why you don’t, but that’s fine. But the way y’all are carrying on is childish and ridiculous. Grow up and try contributing to the community. Then, at least, you might earn some cred.

12 Likes

Attacking someone in a thread? Nev, Plz lock this thread.

We barb, most of the barb, want to say, the new rend buff is great. The new mechanics solves many issues. What you want to say?

If you check Cain’s corner barb community, people are thrilled about this ptr. Most of them are positive.

1 Like