Why stop at 1.14d?

You are demanding the game does not received further development from 1.14d.

1 Like

That would be ideal, the thought of it makes me excited.

2 Likes

When did I say that? You just proved me right, in this…

I rest my case.

1 Like

Oh okay, well I apologize if I misrepresented your point of view. I made an assumption and that was wrong.

I agree with yout topic, they should not stop at 1.14 after release. or 1.15.

And btw i suggest to ignore that guy you arguing with, he is well known for trolling here.

read this PLOOT IS NOT QOL CHANGE!

game isn’t REMAKE!

sorry to say but majority want’s 1.14 and minority of nextgeneration gamers and tourists wants trainwreck to get some photos of it…

2 Likes

Yes it is a quality of life improvement because it does not affect anybody who doesn’t want to select the option. No new items are entered into the economy either. It gets rid of script looting being a problem and large differences in latency being an issue. These are certainly quality of life improvements. And since they do not affect anybody who doesn’t want to select the option, they are perfectly reasonable.

And yes this game is not remake. They would have to build it from the ground up. That’s what a remake is. Take for example the Star wars remastered. They added new CGI for things that were never there before. If it were a remake they would have had to recast the entire thing. So suggesting that this is more like a remake, because of quality of life improvements, is disingenuous.

1 Like

I still play on closed USWest and this is just flat out incorrect. Is it the same volume as in 2002? No, absolutely not, but to say there aren’t any games streaming is plain false.

1 Like

Well I didn’t say there weren’t any streaming, they’re just very hard to find because the overwhelming majority of the Diablo 2 community is watching and streaming modded servers.

This is because this is what the majority community prefers.

I keep seeing the same posts from you and like 3 other users claiming to be the majority. Just because you’re the most vocal doesn’t mean that most people agree with you.

3 Likes

I’m not claiming to be the majority because I just decided so. I’m telling you exactly how this is deduced, objectively. You are hard pressed to find any streams or players watching streams of battlenet games. The overwhelming majority of games being streamed are on modded servers. This is also true of the overwhelming majority of viewership.

Thus the Diablo 2 community is mostly interested in these changes. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion. It is an objective deduction.

1 Like

So your benchmark is Twitch streams? If that’s the case then they shouldn’t bother with this and just make a CS:GO or Minecraft clone. That’s completely irrelevant.

1 Like

it is not. Assertions are that to preserve your personal interest

1 Like

Well feel free to offer up a better gauge of the Diablo 2 community. Streaming is extremely popular these days, and thus provides a good sample of the player base.

My assertions do not create the viewership and streaming data of Diablo 2. Those are hard facts and objective. I’m simply repeating them to you.

1 Like

I consider myself more on the purist side of things but I welcome changes. I certainly don’t want all suggested changes to be implemented (I don’t want ploot or charm inventory but I would enjoy gem/rune stacking).

I would be happy for future patches, including skill balancing, items changes and additions, even a new expansion could be done well (though probably wouldn’t be).

Everyone here seems really preoccupied in firmly placing everyone on one side of the fence or another and the vitriol is almost comical for what is essentially identical behavior on both sides.

I want it to feel like D2 and I want more content. I have no doubt that more changes are coming and I expect that I will like some and dislike others.

4 Likes

Yes there are certainly some bad ideas being suggested. But that’s why we have debates and things of that nature. There’s also a lot of really good ones and ones that have already been implemented on private servers and achieved extreme success.

1 Like

Because Diablo II stopped at 1.14d, and the Remaster is based on 1.14d.

Did they put out a press release or something establishing 1.14d as the end of development?

1 Like

because after d3 and “don’t you guys have phones” no d2 player trusts blizzard to make good changes.

5 Likes

Finally an honest answer. And I completely get that. I would hope they contract it out to the PD2 team. I certainly don’t want the game to become Activisionized.

But that’s the beauty of already knowing a lot of these things work. A lot of the quality of life improvements being asked for have already been implemented and succeeded on private servers. This leaves no room for Activision to screw things up.

I certainly don’t want them going crazy with garbage implimentation. No one does.