Why stop at 1.14d?

It doesn’t make sense that Blizzard should arbitrarily just stop at this current patch. Just because development has been halted for 10 years does not mean it should be permanent. There are historic patches in other games that I have preferred, but that does not give me a right to demand the game stops its balancing right then and there.

It would be a purest position to demand balance changes continue because that is how the game operated for the first 10 years. But not just balance changes, there should be additional QoL improvements like item filters and ploot. There is nothing stopping Blizzard from implementing this. You can go back to the developers even in Blizzard North to today’s Blizzard and see they would introduce these things as an optional mechanic.

These things have been proven to work because they are implemented on private servers today. In fact, that is where the true Diablo 2 community player base has gone. You are hard pressed to even find any games streaming on battlenet.

So I want to encourage Blizzard to go forward with these changes after launch. It is my opinion that they are being coy about the entire thing because they do not want a vocal minority to go in and start sabotaging metacritic scores etc. Once that is out of the way, they should be free and clear to implement these things that the majority of the Diablo 2 community really does want.

27 Likes

Simple answer:

Diablo 3 is a crap game (for most of the d2 lovers)
Blizzard made D3
Blizzard should not touch D2Res.

simple as that…

26 Likes

No one is talking about Diablo 3. That is an instanced loot system and nobody’s asking for that. Enough with the strawmans.

The things that are being asked for have already been implemented on private servers so we know it works. There is no way for them to screw it up because it’s already been established that it’s something that Diablo 2 community wants; and it works.

5 Likes

nobody? i do

This generation of Blizzard employees would put way too much Diablo 3 vibes into the remaster and no one can want that.
dont like ? your problem.

9 Likes

Well again, the things being asked for have already been implemented on private servers and are extremely successful. So successful that the core Diablo 2 community has moved to these servers and abandoned battlenet’s version.

I absolutely get the hang up and concerns when it comes to Activision implementing new ideas. But all of these things have already been established so we know they work. I would also hope that they contract these things out to devs like PD2.

3 Likes

the Core hm ? i did not move.
seperate realms…why not. core game? hell no. that game is succesfull for 20 jears because of how it is.

i dont want any …ah forget it. do what you want. im sick of that …

just one : if THIS blizzard makes changes…ANY changes… d2res will smell like d3. and d3 is the worst bs game i ever played. NO balance at all…(TRIIILLIONS of DMG…) no replayability (bs items, boring skillsystem…blabla… you know what i mean)

THIS blizzard is a bunch of people with TIES and just money in theyr head without any skill and no good ideas.

5 Likes

Yes but one’s individual circumstances are not indicative of a demographic. We can establish most people have moved away from 1.14d and battlenet because you cannot even find any games being streamed of it. Everyone is watching and playing heavily modified versions of the game.

And again, the change is being asked for have already been implemented and been widely accepted by the Diablo 2 community so much so is that the original current version is not even played much anymore. You can’t even find games streamed of it. Only games with the heavy modifications. We know that it will not wreak of D3 because these things have already been implemented and we know what happens. Improvement.

2 Likes

not me. sorry^^^and most people are idiots. (how many play d3?)

Maybe you are right…maybe they will change the game completely and then i do not longer play it.
And then it was the last game i ever purchased from that company. whatever. dont matter for them. but for me. jesus…my english is horrible today…sry

1 Like

Good grief just give up, ploot is NOT a QoL change, ploot is a radical change to a game that is defined as a ‘looter’. Only you think those of us you call “purists” don’t want any new patches, you just cannot seperate personal loot from anything else, that is the problem here, this is the toxicity ploot types bring to this forum, literally nobody has said we don’t want any new patches or balance fixes Ect, we draw the line at ploot, mounts, pets, microtransactions, transmogs and handshake pvp because adding those TAKES AWAY from the game.

7 Likes

what is …handshake pvp ?
did you mean that: “hey dude…can i touch you?” pvp crap ?
that makes the whole system pointless oO

2 Likes

Okay so when they demand handshake pvp, what they mean is that two players must kinda, formally challenge each other to a duel, like in the middle ages.

It’s very strange position to take that a radical change is something that doesn’t even affect you. Weird.

If someone doesn’t want to use the mode, then it won’t affect them at all. You keep repeating this lie that it’s a radical change. A radical change is something that affects everybody, in the very least. Constantly lying is not helping your case.

1 Like

Sure it does, it affects the game, I am a player, therefore it affects me.

If it is something that doesn’t affect me, or you, why are you obsessed with getting it into a game you clearly do not like?

5 Likes

örgs… jeah thats another stupid MMO style feature… I hate that Blizzard has brought various WoW aspects into the game. they have no place in a Diablo!

2 Likes

There are bad suggestions. Not every suggestion is good. That is a bad one. To take bad suggestions and equate them with good ones is completely disingenuous and meaningless.

1 Like

Exactly, this is what it is all about with the ploot advocates, they want to play alone in a multiplayer game, it is how they played during their MMO time, this is why they are always the people who always want ploot, microtransactions, mounts, pets and wings, because it reminds them of their time with the MMO’s.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed you guys only feel comfortable arguing against things that are unrelated to topics being discussed. You’re arguing against a bad suggestion. Just because bad suggestions exist is not an argument against instituting any quality of life improvements at all.

1 Like

What we are trying to do is get you to see that you won’t be happy with D2R, I have repeatedly offered to suggest to you and the other one, games that have ploot and all the stuff you want, but you guys never take me up on the offer, instead you just go back to demanding things all the time, countless threads, all a slightly different version of the last, all demanding ploot and lamenting anyone who will be playing this faithful remaster as a “purist” or whichever other label you have given us.

Doesn’t the discord and toxicity you bring here bother you? Even in the face of confirmation from Rod that the game will not have ploot, doesn’t the habitual demands make you stop and ask yourself if maybe enough is enough?

5 Likes

The only one making demands is you. I am suggesting and opening up a topic for discussion and ideas. If nothing I want is implemented I will still be playing the game, and happily. It is the greatest game ever made. I’m not demanding anything.

Suggesting to go play other games is nonsense. Continued development would be appreciated by the majority of the D2 community. Just because you like a particular patch does not give you the right to demand the game stays right at that patch.

If you still insist, battle net 1.0 is still around for you. Trying to hold the rest of the Diablo 2 community hostage to your personal preferences is silly.

5 Likes

I’ve never made a single demand, I am perfectly happy with the game.

5 Likes