Why play Ladder now if i don't want 99 racing?

runesword are no longer gated behind ladders, there’s no more ladder only items.
But still , fresh start is always fun in my opinion

1 Like

Oh, I actually like that. So SP will have them too? Then the only reason is fresh start. I can’t see myself being competitive with the level ranking. I suspect you would have to bot to be competitive.

1 Like

Well, the original implementation of the Ladder system was supposed to be a mode where players could play in a fresh economy that wasn’t flooded by hacked/duped items. They added all the ladder only stuff to pretty much force players into that mode. Since everyone is starting D2R fresh (online), there is no reason for such a gating mechanic. If they are starting the season “soon” after launch as in Blizzard Soon, probably won’t be for 1-3 months post launch, if it is regular soon, like less than a month, then I have a strong feeling for seasonal themes that don’t gate content.

1 Like

yea it’s among tonight news , there’s a blue post pinned on the forum if you want to check.
SP also get ubers , runesword , ladders unique , uber diablo etc…

also : killing cow king no longer make you unable to open cow level portal.

1 Like

Absolutely awesome!!!

1 Like

yea here’s the link if you haven’t checked yet
(for the cows it was on twitter / reddit)

2 Likes

I’ll take a look. I appreciate it.

I watched the clip of Llama completing his grail by finding Tyrael’s Might. Dude got pretty excited.

I want to do it too :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Arreat Summit page with recpies needs to be updated with this great news!

The purpose of seasons in D3 are fresh starts. The purpose of ladder in D2 is already found in non-ladder, by having to create new characters. That is, until they move from 3 respecs to infinite respecs. The only thing that gives ladder meaning are the runewords unique to ladder that are supposed to act as an incentive to play there.

4 Likes

Rune upgrades are very very different in ladder and after ladder. Look at Arreat Summit.

EDIT. I was wrong. Arreat Summit needs to be updated!

not anymore. The runewords as well as those rune recipes are now in NL. Read the post, it says all the ladder cube recipes are now also in NL.

I would have been fine with them leaving the cube recipes ladder only, but still happy to see them ungated too!

Because its only temporary. The lllader stuff on nl.

Sorry but now I have to post…

Then what is the reason to play Ladder? Just this simple question. Yes because there are Items NL cannot access. And the prices for these Items are higher in NL because of it. Now if NL people can build them, there is no reason anymore to play Ladder. I just dont understand. explain me?

Without ladder and fresh start, there is nothing todo :slight_smile:

Ladder is what makes you allways have something new to hunt for :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s not sure i think.
(i kind of hope not)

You’re wrong; it’s not temporary.

3 Likes

Source of this information? Link please.

if game launch without ladder, players will not have access to ladder only runewords. to those players, it will feel like a delayed launch.

there are also players who are unfamiliar with ladder runewords and waste the runes trying to build ladder-only runeswords on non-ladder games

by ungating ladder only runewords, the purpose of ladder now is only a race to 99, hence ladder.

if ladder runewords still existed, most of the community who dont have 6+ hrs a day to grind will unlikely achieve the more popular runewords. every ladder reset will be like a climb again to reach at least act 3 and farm LK for more chance for the runeword. also the discussions to shorten ladder seasons will mean even lesser time for farming high level runes.

1 Like