Why not make an expansion for D3?

It isnt a fact, its your opinion. Sure there are a lot less players now than when d3 launched, and there are now than when seasons start. Doesnt mean its dead, next season alot will come back and try out the new season stuff, doesnt mean they need to be around for 4 months.

1 Like

Got any proof that was most or just most of the vocal ones online. I liked D2 and preferred D3.

1 Like

True they get exposed as hypocrites and try to do a tap dance to get around it. Funny stuff, how many “I quit Keren’s” do we have? I like D2 and D3 but am now ready for D4.

However I don’t recall typing here that I don’t play or quitted the game forever.

Indeed.

It’s strange how some people keep saying something is a fact yet provide no conclusive evidence to back it up. Statements without hard evidence are merely opinions. Repeating something doesn’t change an opinion into a fact.

Or claim something purely subjective is fact.

Remember a while back when we had some D2 fanboys who were trying to us twitch views as “proof.” All it proved was people were watching twitch and were not playing the game. No matter what anyone says only Blizzard knows the numbers. I would much rather play S25 over D2R but that is just me. D3 is on life support but it will not be dead for me until D4 launches. I wonder if the D:I numbers will destroy the D2&R numbers.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." - Joseph Goebbels

I played years of D2, and D3, so yes when D4 launch’s it will impact D2 and D3 quite a bit, but there will still be fans of both. Both D2R and continued seasons of D3 represent a company continued interest on its legacy. Just wish Activision maintained their games better placing resources more about supporting and improving all games not ignoring what made them attractive in the first place. Times change you never know how much you’ll need to rely on what people play currently. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good news! There is an expansion for D3!

I think it’s called Reaper of Souls or something. It adds a new act and final boss. Also, a whole new class and the ability to transmog. Raises the level cap and everything.

#dadjokes

Shouldn’t you be doing that? You’re the one that claimed it’s dead, so prove no one plays it.

3 Likes

There could be a time in the future that Blizzard consolidates a lot of what happens with these seasons.

I like they made permanent the follower’s have the ability to share item effects with the player.

Points…

1. I will not buy any additional Blizzard (Diablo) products until Kotick is gone.
  2. I will continue to play D3 because they already have my money and will play D2/R occasionally, because again, they already have money.

Conclusion: Even if D4 or an expansion for D3 was released tomorrow, this old boy ain’t buyin’ until he sees changes at the top and proof that ATVI and Blizzard have cleaned up their act!

2 Likes

D3 isn’t a dead game but blizzard only cares about money so if the opportunity cost for making a D3 expansion isn’t better than spending those resources elsewhere, they won’t do it.

1 Like

I bet there are lots of players waiting for Blizzard to extend Diablo 2 and 3 franchises. IF POE can get new content and balance changes every 3-4 months, Blizzard should be able recognize that these games are far from a dry well and not keep taunting us with how great D4 will be in a couple of years. Think about making money in the near term. D2R love is not forever, you need to keep extending that as well.

They have to do this, as it’s literally their only game so if they don’t keep it fresh, they go out of business.

1 Like

For Blizzard it’s off the table, but I absolutely love how Microsoft handles AGE II & III DE. That’s something Blizzard tried with SC2 Nova, commanders, etc. But Class or little Story/Lore DLCs would’ve been amazing for D3.

PoE is monetized though. They have constant income from the ingame store. Whatever new things they develop they have influx that has that covered.

Certainly could charge for some features if they monetized a bit, pay for some dedicated staff. I am not at all loving POE paid cosmetics BS, but add another class, or specific features that people would desire such as what was in bigD post. :wink:

The cosmetics are insanely expensive for that game. They put Blizzard to shame with their prices imo. When they have sales, they are usually reasonably priced, at least for the time I did play the game. I’m not paying $150 for like 6 pieces of gear cosmetics.

They already did that with Necromancer. Did that make the game awesome? Clearly no if you’re still asking for more. There are rumors expansion was planned for D3 but got cancelled and we got some areas as bounties instead. They moved on to D4/Immortal few years ago and pretty sure D3 will not get anything big like new classes, skills etc anymore.

1 Like