Why not make an expansion for D3?

I mean seriously. If they put out a solid expansion for D3 it would probably out perform what they forecast and help boost profits.

I mean the engine already exists for this. If they put out an expansion for D3 to hold us over for D4 a few years out now I bet sales would be huge.

Things that I would pay for

• A new realm
  • A largely expanded set of maps for rifts
  • A pet that picks up items
  • A use for the billions of DBs and FSs laying around
  • Other gambling options with Kadala
  • A new class
  • Greatly expanded items
  • A new tier of loot above primal
  • More storage
  • Armory sets that keep track of follower items as well
  • Something to do with gold beyond the current scope.
    etc. etc.

I would drop cash in a heart beat and I know a ton of people will say they wouldnt but they would :slight_smile:

13 Likes

#SayNoToDrugs

#MissingCharacters

4 Likes

Can’t say that I’d be interested in an expansion for Diablo 3 (years ago, I was, but not anymore), especially if it doesn’t result in additional endgame activities that are as challenging and rewarding as rifts. So I’ll simply wait for Diablo 4 and hope that it has a wider selection of viable endgame activities than Diablo 3 did.

I think most people would play. What’s not to like about more content.

9 Likes

I would love to see them put new content in D3 after all they are talking about putting new content in D2, if D2 does get new content then I’m think alot of D3 people will be upset!

Like why would they give D2 (a 20 year old game) new content and not give a D3 (9 year old) no content then they are just saying then D3 should just not be there!

1 Like

This is a necessity. I’d like to go dungeon crawling personally, completely randomized map, no teleport to town until you clear several floors, unexpected encounters around the corner, tougher elites, rarer loot, the occasional merchant along the way, mad villagers who attack you, and the rewards get incrementally better should you choose to continue to keep crawling.

6 Likes

:man_facepalming:

To make the rest instasalvage? The very reason why we got the current iteration of primals instead of the original was because the original was much worse and would’ve made anything below instasalvage, useless. And you want that?

Where is the dislike?

2 Likes

They already assembled the team and more or less finished the 2nd xpac.

Then Bobby K. came into the dev room and screamed and yelled at them and it was forgotten.

A year or so later the pieces of the xpac began to be put out in updates and patches.

Everything you see today in game is that xpac you are asking about.

D3 is old and in the can.

Season themes and some patches to fix bugs that give too much xp or higher gr.

And that’s about it.

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS !

Development of D3 has been closed about 2 years ago. Seasons and season themes is all You will get from now on.

Enjoy ! :slight_smile:

Regardless of it’s age, D2R is on a brand new engine that allows them to do more with the game now. That being said, they take a huge gamble with every little change they make as the game code and server code is a gong show.

I’d love to see more to D3, sad truth is, it doesn’t have the team to do this anymore.

3 Likes

Outside of seasonal development, D3 is in maintenance mode. That is why.

1 Like

I am on board with everything other than a tier of loot above primal.

I would also add a special ramaladni’s gift type gem to add a gem slot to jewelry.

And they can add some QOL changes, like allowing characters to pick the city they spawn in and add follower set ups to your armory. That sort of thing.

But if they ever did add a new class, they would definitely have to expand the stash and number of character slots, but that could be part of the expac as well.

1 Like

What new content is in D2R that isn’t in D2?

As for a D3 expansion I would rather have them put the time and money into D4. D3 is on life support.

Yup. But like the troll, who shall not be named who is currently ban evading on alternative accounts said, if they were to add the Druid for S&Gs that would be kewl.

How about “I quit Karen.”

a gift for jewerly that be a bit too op op unless u couldnt roll it if u gifted it
they could add qol like autoactive this when its down and able to be put back up adding follwer setups to an armory thats already buggy as hell maybe they fix it first maybe 1 or 2 stash tabs i dont think u need another character slot

Diablo 4 got delayed, so no you can’t have any new Diablo 3 content, what are you thinking?

The thought alone makes me want a cigarette, and I don’t even smoke. :wink:

Considering the time involved to create new assets, code and test, even for a season… I think the next D3 expansion will be D4.

4 Likes

I would love an expansion pack for D3 and would gladly pay for it. I don’t plan on giving any more $$$ to blizzard until D4 right now. If D4 is that far out, even a small expansion for D3 would be appreciated.

I’m glad they are at least making the seasons fresh every 3-4 months but the game is really getting tired without some new content.

3 Likes