Why is this on console? W3 Reforged all over again

In typical Blizzard fashion we are doomed to repeat history and not learn from our mistakes.

I am not against this being on console, or the cross platform progression. I am also not against you guys doing the RIGHT thing and adding 2 server modes. Classic Andy server and Modern server with GOOD end game instead of a dull leader board, 6000x baal run to hit max lvl nonsense. Diablo2s end game was stale even for being a 20 year old game it is just not acceptable today.

Anyway it seems like you are trying to rush this out. There is 0 chance it will be ready even on PC and yet theres nothing but constant complaints about its functionality on console. Yes holding off would have hurt the overall sales because the console sales are going to ride the PC sales hype. But D2Refunded is going to become the new meme over War3Refunded.

The Devs also in true Blizzard fashion are silent on all the feedback. This is already against what classic diablo2 was like. Back in the Diablo2 days blizzard was insanely active on the forums. It wasnt until WoW and especially activision that Blizzard started to go silent. Considering the large amount of negative feedback ive seen plus the constant feed of news articles from every gaming news source on the internet… Why are we setting ourselves up for failure?

1 Like

Blizzard is doing exactly what they said which is what they should do. They said from the beginning it’s gonna be a faithful remaster and they won’t be adding alot of stuff only very small QOL like stash and gold pickup. They have actually changed more then they should have lime the unlimited cow level access and the ladder items on no ladder which is fine but no this game won’t be like warcraft 3 because they are doing exactly what they said they would do. Just because some people want many changes doesn’t mean the game will fail

1 Like

Can you show me anywhere that Blizzard actually said “faithful remaster”?

If you google the search term (“faithful remaster” diablo resurrected), all the hits are from media reports and not once to my knowledge did Blizzard actually say “faithful remaster” specifically.

They have stated repeatedly that additional changes are possible if the players want them.

The announcement from blizzcon

1 Like

Can you link the youtube video with time stamp?

My proof is below about them considering doing changes. It is extensive.

https: //us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/screenshot-of-blizzard-survey/30125
The D2R accessibility blog post link
How We’re Making Diablo® II: Resurrected™ More Accessible to Everyone — Diablo II: Resurrected — Blizzard News

The quotes below are more about changes in general and listening to player feedback.

3 Likes

I just hope if it fails Blizzard dosen’t do WC3R and blame the purists.

I in gripes with purist but they are blameless if the product is horrible.