Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

This is a remaster right? Hot/homely, tall/short, old/young the characters should look like the originals. These don’t.

18 Likes

And also Resident Evil 2 remake! The best one this world ever saw.

3 Likes

Except there was a bunch of controversy over the Tifa design as well before the game came out.

FF VII had great cinematic scenes and artwork though, that made their work much easier. Diablo 2 and Load was also good at cinematic aspect, but there were no hero characters in any of them just Cain, Tyriel, and a few villains.

Sorceress is pretty thicc in the concept art my dude. Check her on the class page on the Arreat Summit for her original concept. I’d post the link but the forum doesn’t trust me enough yet.

1 Like

RE2:RE was definitely worth full price, that game should be the standard for remakes.

1 Like

Pretty much all of them are too thick, have you noticed how circular the assassin’s face is? A hero that is professional at martial art, why would her face be so puffy, it just doesn’t fit the area of expertise.

Yeah they need a new face modeler - someone who is better at making female faces. Sorc face isn’t playful enough, assassin’s face is too fat/round, and zon looks like a 60 year old chain smoker, and they all look too old overall.

15 Likes

Here ya go:

http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/classes/sorceressfull.jpg

She’s wild and unashamed here. The D2R sorc is okay, but needs to be a little more flaunty. I know sexiness is an unpopular topic on this forum, but the D2 sorc was for a fact, more playful and showing more skin, similar to this concept art. That was part of the personality, so I hope we can get a little closer to that in D2R.

8 Likes

I don’t get all the hate on the class artwork. Granted they don’t necessarily look the same but I do think they look a bit battle hardened and gritty which by my estimation is a reflection of sanctuary. A dark, gothic, gritty, and war torn world being invaded by hell…their appearance seems befitting given their environment. Of all the art and footage I’ve gandered over the past week the only real gripe I can make is the necro bone spear which doesn’t really look as though it’s a capable of causing much damage at all…but that’s not my class anyway🤣

1 Like

Thank you very much! I love all the original concept art. If anything I wish the final models had moved more toward this style but I get they want a more realistic feel.

2 Likes

You’re missing the point. It’s not a question of whether they look good or not. Many of them look pretty decent, but that’s a subjective point.

The point is, they all really deviate from the original art, almost as if they weren’t even interested in making recreations of the characters.

16 Likes

I kinda like the middle eastern look considering mages come from the desert areas of sanctuary. Additionally I like a more full figured gal with curves…sorc design is a non issue for me.

1 Like

Sorceress is pretty thicc in the concept art my dude. Check her on the class page on the Arreat Summit for her original concept. I’d post the link but the forum doesn’t trust me enough yet.

No, those arreat Arreat Summit images are not any representative of the classes. They look nothing like the game models or aestethics anyway, overly colored.

The class concepts from the original D2 Manual are pretty close to the in-game models, I would rather use these as reference. This manual also describes the classes:

The description for the Amazon class mentions they have “lithe” bodies and the art depicts a thin, young amazon with a bow.

The description for the Sorceress (besides a really thin figure art) says “athletic”. She really isn’t meant to be any thick.

10 Likes

These don’t even look like the original D2 chars lol

5 Likes

Thanks for the links! Nice find.

Amazon and Sorceress concept art from the original D2 manual actually do look nearly identical to the in-game models.

The descriptions are clear: lithe, athletic bodies. They are not thick or fat.

4 Likes

You forgot the Assassin and Druid art from LoD:

Assassin: The Arreat Summit - Classes: Assassin

Druid: The Arreat Summit - Classes: Druid

2 Likes

that sci fi show was called The Fly 1998. Good film

To answer the title as to why the Amazon is so ungodly ugly? I could say China, and Blizz trying to appease Chinese sensibilities as I feel the changes to Heartstone cards were.

But I just feel this art work misses the mark.

I think the amazon from Heroes of the storm “Cassia” is a pretty decent interpretation of the Amazon.

Heroes of the Storm Cassia:(futuregamereleases. com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/cassia-heroes-of-the-storm.jpg)

you will have to add the www and remove the brackets and space before the com

2 Likes