Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

The pally doesn’t just have a new haircut, he’s also pretty ugly. I always thought of him as a handsome gentleman, but whatever, I just want the game out soon.

7 Likes

Yes and the reasons they are giving are worthless quite frankly.

Want an amazing female character that’s both badass and attractive? Look at Eowyn
In Lord of the Rings, why can’t we get something like that?

12 Likes

And you fail to recognize that just as we have fake Dr’s and Snakeoil salesmen here and always have had them, There would be the equivalent of Snakeoil salesmen or fake healers there traveling from town to town not sticking around or returning to the same town for long periods selling fake potions . So no your not going to have real old people fighting, And remember to that health potions are just that health potions not potions of eternal youth, Also you seem to have forgotten the old broken down fighters of Diablo II or just plain retired fighters such as the smith in act 2 and the old broken down drunk in act 2’s inn Geglash "Geglash is a warrior who spends most of his time drinking in Atma’s tavern. He does not play any role in the hero’s journey but gives color to the hero’s world. It is implied that he is interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with Atma.

Geglash closely resembles another drunkard character in the first Diablo, Farnham the Drunk."

1 Like

There are a few threads expanding on these matters tbh.
-Armours and clothing should remain unchanged (censorship)
-Their faces should not be ugly
-They should not change the race of the characters
-Their bodies lack key masculine and feminine features (like the wide pelvic in women)
-They overall deviate from the Lore that was built by the books and the original d2…
There’s a thread for each one of these topics and hopefully VV is going to listen and rework the characters.

26 Likes

According to lore sorc should be exactly 18 years old. This is not true in D2R.

23 Likes

I think the barb looks the worst in the beta right now. Or the sorc. Can not decide. Just know I do not like the new looks on them.

12 Likes

How can anyone not convince this is not a dude face. It has all the traits of a male face.

21 Likes

I was enlisted in the Military at 19. Bing a combat vet at 20+ isn’t the realm of unusual, in iRL, even more so in Medieval times. Joan of Arc was 17 when she lead the French.

12 Likes

She looks fine. They all look fine. Personally I prefer these realistic looking models. I think it’s a fresh approach over the usual animed up game models.

Honestly the amazon looks like a realistic woman that isn’t wearing makeup. If this amazon were your 40 year old mother IRL walking around in blue jeans, people would think she was fit and hot. But when it’s in a video game and doesn’t look like a cartooned up model, people complain it’s ugly.

It’s just an example of different mental associative sets for different things.

I keep seeing people reference how old and tired and 60 year old she looks, but she looks like the recent two older mature NA Olympic volley ball champions duo in my opinion, which is spot on and designed well.

I hope Blizzard doesn’t change this model.

1 Like

yeah only she’s 20-ish, not 40+++

19 Likes

If this is a new game, she can be what the designer want. But this is remastered, we expect they were model base on what original design, just upgrade graphics, not a reimagine elderly woman. Same with other characters. This is disrespect to the original designer, & fans who have a vision of what their heroes looked like.

35 Likes

With all that being said. I wonder why the devs decided to go this route. Is this some political catering to SJW or advertising to some group of individuals that won’t play the game to begin with? What is happening here? :slight_smile:

This seems like a very conscious decision they went with, to have the 3D models look this way. I mean, the devs went to the smallest detail of recreating the original game like the garlic in Act 2 and then they mess up the models this bad? I don’t believe this was an accident at all.

19 Likes

Hey Blizzard, think about this: when you did make beautiful female characters, like a Kerrigan, Nova, Widowmaker, Jaina Proudmoore, Tyrande Whisperwind, Tracer, Brigitte, Symmetra, Mercy, Sombra, D’va, Pharah, Ashe, Sylvanas, Selendis, young Ana, Valeera Sanguinar, StarCraft Medic, D3 Leah, DH, Cydaea, Auriel, the Archangel of Hope, Monk, Sorceress, Crusader, early gracile witch doctor girl; D2 Amazon, Andariel, Sorceress, Assassin, Blood Raven, Kashia, The Countess, Jamella, Asheara; Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, female draeneis, blood elfs, night elfs, Maev, Sally Whitemane, Garona, you gets a millions of arts that made your games even more popular. Now you don’t make new beautiful female characters and uglify beautiful female characters from old games - then you gets 0 arts…

This is a very funny fact)

38 Likes

Its been a long time,

When can be we get an official reply from dev team if they are actually making changes.

Just remove the wrinkles, smooth the chin, reduce the nose size to be more feminine. Thats all that is need.

10 Likes

The game is still alpha so I fully expect the models to be updated considering the overwhelming majority of people’s complaints about it. I’ve seen huge graphics overhaul during alpha of games, so a few models shouldn’t be too much work to do until release. Thanks.

8 Likes

Great news. But please fix Paladin and Assassin aswell.
Paladin in the original game is more like Dark Brown than Black and Assassin is also not an Asian.

Diablo 2 Original Paladin: https://postimg.cc/xJkyNd6H
Paladin Char Edit: https://postimg.cc/MfMPwDCC

Diablo 2 Original Assassin: https://postimg.cc/Tysnx6TP
Assassin Char Edit: https://postimg.cc/yWtpPM9s

Because the game is 20 years old, doesn’t mean the characters have to look old.
Vicarious Visions are doing an amazing job with this Remaster. But keep the original, make every characters look younger!

23 Likes

Please fix the Amazon!!

26 Likes

There. Fixed that for you.

14 Likes

Not anymore you sold them once we caught you out👀

Sure, but that’s the same for me :slight_smile:

1 Like