Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

Great work!

Sorc: looks better now, from a stay-at-home mom of x amount of kids to a lady that is about to face some **** and not afraid to wield elements to put demons in place.
Pall: looks like a devoted servant of the light, ready to defend High Heaven with idealism, not an old grumpy Templar that is way past his prime and having constant constipation.
Zon: she is now looks more like the original with fierce and determination, as she is about to face danger and her first words: “ It’s about to get hot!” rather than a Gym class trainer who gets their yog pants on too tight and reminiscing about how hot it was to kick someone out for being weaker than them!
Barba: is it just me or he looks like bave dausista? The old Barb face was bit more skinny and he was the tallest and biggest of the group.
Druid: the short hair nailed it on the spot! And the Devs can make his face a bit younger, he don’t have to look like he had experienced D4 already and then remembered that he still has not finish D2, :joy:!
Assa: Asian or not, her face can be a bit more slim tone.
Necry: he should be younger with a bit more awkwardness like in Tim Burton’s movie type, pale, with slim, and smooth face!

Just my opinions, but I love the arts that Peruso created! If the Devs can incorporate this.

9 Likes

Thanks.

But, the credit should go to May13. They’re the one who did the work. I only embedded the images.

2 Likes

Well, credits to who repost and to those who created it! But thank you for at least showing us how the characters could be improved.

Hopefully, the mom of ungodly amount of kids won’t have to wield any staff anymore and just let her kids do it for her!

2 Likes

Listen, I am all up for further improvements on the Sorc, all right? I am not saying she is perfect by any means, but she seems miles better than all the other models currently in the game. Some of them need immediate attention, so if they don’t get to the Sorc it won’t be the end of the world, but at the very least improve the other more troublesome models.

5 Likes

Really well if you must ask. You cant create your own character in D2. So if you want to play a zon. You cant olay the original version in updated graphics you have to play a old man playing dress up. Yeah so not interested in that. It is Identity politics over substance for ones personal gain for political clout within their small bubble.

7 Likes

It’s not a man in a dress lmao. She just has a more rigid face. I played the alpha and she just looks more hardened. I think you’re the one putting politics into it. If it bothers you that much, toggle legacy mode and look at the blocky face. Do you actually think they were trying to appeal to transgender people or something?

1 Like

imgur. com/2Bqpaxf

Honestly, that’s a dude

7 Likes

Imgur

Honestly, she’s not. Get your eyes checked.

4 Likes

Maybe not a dude, but a 50+ y.o. alcohol abuser the least.

22 Likes

The original D2 gamers aged, maybe, but the original characters in the game don’t have to age like some of us do, LOL!

Diablo 2: Resurrected (The Mamas & The Papa version)

23 Likes

People are not even talking about her body that much which is nothing like her original one. The breasts are non existent. She was way slimmer around her stomach and her overall stance is wrong.

At the very least they could fix the face which is what sticks out the most.

20 Likes

I’m definitely don’t play for Amazon, Paladin and Assassin on D2R release (and for Necromancer if he looks like a zombie) until they (Blizzard) make a normal, canonical image. Or the modders won’t change their appearance to the D2LOD canonical.

Luckily, my favorite hero is a Sorceress. And she looks not so bad, then Amazon, or Paladin, or Assassin.

6 Likes

She looks like my informatics teacher:

60 years old, wearing old vests from the men section and smoking two pack of smokes a day.

She does not look hardened, she looks done.

27 Likes

Yeah, I just hope that the Devs update her design skirt length, and make her more fit and agile making the cast spell-and-dash combat style like the original. Her new conservative, mom-approved-clothing style, may not be aerodynamic enough, and get grabbed by the skirt tail, LOL.

6 Likes

If you’re going to post links in these forums, please learn how to do it correctly.

Yours should look like this: https://imgur.com/2Bqpaxf

Thank you.

Click the ► icon below to see detailed instructions on how to post links in these forums.

How to Post Links
  1. Upload your image or video to a free hosting website, like Imgur or YouTube.

2. Paste the "Direct Link" to your image and/or video in your post. (See image below).

1. Select the link you just pasted and click the ˂/˃ button on the Reply Editor toolbar. (See image below).

1. Click Reply. (See image below).

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/AQIKfWw.gif

2 Likes

You are of course right. A refresher to people that this is D2 Amazon style:

http://cdn30.us1.fansshare.com/image/diablo2/amazon-diablo-290671382.jpg

Everyone knows the D2R Amazon has a completely different aesthetic. People that can’t tell the difference are clueless. It’s not worth debating with some of these people.

16 Likes

No offense to blizz or anything, but this forum layout is a big stinking mess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you think that they will make changes to the models? Amazon, Assassin etc. guys?

I think with all the feedback from different sources the models are the biggest thing people complain about, so I would be shocked if they didn’t do anything.

11 Likes

I hope so.

I just want them to soften the faces to make them look younger. I am fine with them making them look more practical and realistic in proportions and garb. I have always found it ridiculous that the women in games look like they go into battle in their underwear so giving them proper armor that covers up vulnerable flesh is the right way to present the female warriors, IMO.

They should not look old and they should not look like a man. They also should not look like Barbie dolls or like they are made up to go to the prom.

I think the majority of people who are disappointed with the character models would be much happier if they at least get facial improvements.

4 Likes

Yup, I’m sadly disappointed by every character model so far with maybe the sorceress being the only exception.

Amazon is a dude (and 20 years too old)
Assassin Is suddenly asian
Necro Is somehow 20 years older
Barb needs more muscles
Pala haircut Is much different from the original, I mean why…?
Druid looks like a hobo
even sorceress looks too old…

Having said that, It might be the only BIG negative thing I have to say about D2R what I’ve seen so far.

We also need 16:9 resolution for legacy mode (every most played d2 mod already has It widescreened at 1068x600). Would be unfair If legacy was forced at 4:3 when the actual remaster Is now at 16:9 q_q

18 Likes