Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

To be honest, the polygons were not defined or noticeable in the original game. Let’s see what they do in this new version!

1 Like

I think Amazon lost her femininity and Sorceress looks 20 years older and overweight.
They both lost their innocence. Dev team were probably rightfully obsessed to avoid a vulgar and puerile characters that we see in d3. But this decision should not lead to loss of attractiveness.

• Also, camp’s fire barbarian shout is not as vibrant, not as long as legacy’s.
  • Paladin’s hair should/could be shorter
45 Likes

I like the sorc and necro tbh. how is the sorc overweight???
the barb could be more defined muscles and a more vibrant blue face stripe and younger face.
the amazon and especially assassin need more hips smaller waist to look more feminine and their faces need help. I dont mind the asian assassin but i never knew she was one.
The druid i just dont know.
They all just look older or too ultra realistic in their faces except the sorc. she is great.

8 Likes

She just have to be redesigned. One cannot say that things are ok with her current design (it is giving me pain to call that a “design”). Plain and simple.

24 Likes

I used to put a tiara on her head, now instead it will be a full face helmet xD

54 Likes

It appears that the team will be reviewing the models:

40 Likes

That’s nice! I hope they fix it once and for all.

6 Likes

Leave him alone. He died when he saw this.

I really hope they fix her.

This kills my mood, as a player who used to go helmless as an Amazon until circlets dropped.

28 Likes

the only way i would refund this game that i have been wanting more than any other from blizzard outside of a diablo 4 is if they do the final product the same way they did reforged. It seems however they aren’t trying to repeat any of those mistakes, cutscenes are being re-done, all the items and drop icons, they are literally using PBR which looks amazing in some of the darker areas with the materials and lighting. This is the one time in the last 5 years i have zero issue throwing my money at blizzard, given the product matches what they are promising at launch.

2 Likes

i said it before and I’ll say it again… the problem is she looks like she is in her late 50’s early 60’s… all of the chars LOOK they at they are 40- 50 minimum now.
i don’t understand this.
im sorry i know we the players have aged 20 years but that doesn’t mean the class characters have. by aging the characters they are NOT being true to the original story.

54 Likes

They alread stated that they will take a look at all of them since we raised serious concerns.

15 Likes

This with bigger boobs,perfect

11 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a choice between old school body style and Kul’Tiran style in the modern version. The thin version would be my Burritozon and the KT version would be my Javazon.

2 Likes

Just confirming that we are most def going to be looking into it and possibly doing some iterations on this.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

230 Likes

Thanks for passing it on. The Amazon face is really jarring. It reminds me of Sci Fi shows where the character has a teleporter accident and ends up with mismatched body parts.

138 Likes

Awesome news!
Hope there will be some improvements in faces and body proportions so the characters will not look like 50-60 year old warriors;)
https://i.imgur.com/gn9Or8q.jpeg

Would be nice if they got some more features and looks based on the old art
https://i.imgur.com/XqXHNJq.jpg

39 Likes

Thanks for considering our feedback on the heroes’ models, especially Amazon - having them look closer to the original would probably be more in line with people’s expectations. Cassia from Heroes of the Storm is such a good modern portrayal of the Amazon, for example, even if more cartoony, she still captures the essence of the D2 original.

Glad to hear we have a chance to be heard, after all it’s a game and characters we love so much and hope to play with for a long time still.

27 Likes

All the Characters are well made but some don’t look anything like their original self. The changes made to Assassin is extreme and they are not staying true to the old design. The original wasn’t Asian, so the remaster shouldn’t be neither. The notion that only Asain people can martial arts is an ugly stereotype. She is meant to be a white skin brunette and I expect them to redo her or the 1:1 is a fat lie. Please, don’t drag politics into this.

58 Likes

I dont mind the asian assassin but i never knew she was one.

She were never Asian and it’s not okay what they are doing. The original design is iconic and should be respected.

61 Likes