Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

The summoner is a white guy, who is supposed to be the wizard from D1

5 Likes

Do we have any update on Amazon & other character classes’ face yet?

29 Likes

No, and frankly I hope they stay this way, they’re fine TBH.

2 Likes

They’re nowhere near “fine”.
There are already numerous reasons given in this topic as to why they should be changed.

And there is not a single game-related reason why they should stay in their current form. Break the lore, ruin the immersion, to achieve what…?
Changes are done for a reason, and the reason for what they’ve done to character models, had nothing to do with concerns of game quality or gaming in general.

25 Likes

I’m sure what you’re worried about is “game quality”, yes, and not at all something else.

Same thing is happening with Horizon right now, fancy that.

This never had anything to do with game quality, lol. This has always been about being upset the Amazon (and to a lesser extent the Sorceress) are no longer sexy supermodels and wanting to bring that back.

At least be honest about what you want out of this.

2 Likes

What else can I be worried about? What you’re trying to push here though, has nothing to do with games.

27 Likes

This has to do with them aging the characters not making them ugly. The Amazon is still a very hot 55 year old. She is supposed to be much younger and their desire to age all the characters was poorly thought out and did not keep to lore.

12 Likes

I think this is a likely reason. Someone may have suggested they age the chars to correspond with the game’s age, and they may have thought that was a fun, clever, subtle idea. But it’s not a good idea. Still time to change to the D2 ages, BliVV.

Weird the assassin was unnecessarily assigned an old Asian stereotype. No problem at all if that was D2, but… she’s not.

Druid could be thinner, too - originally he looked more like a lone, hungry wolf.

21 Likes

So disappointing.
They are just ruining it.
I think if there is an old art option with new stash I’m going that route.
This is just horrible.
I mean who wants to look at these ugly freaks for hours.

24 Likes

There wasn’t any thought put into it. It worked out great for Tony Hawk (with the option to have them at their young age, too) and people loved that. So, let’s just keep aging the characters in every game that we remake. It worked in one with options, we will do it in all forcibly. With no options.

4 Likes

I’m sure what you’re worried about is “game quality”, yes, and not at all something else.

Same thing is happening with Horizon right now, fancy that.

This never had anything to do with game quality, lol. This has always been about being upset the Amazon (and to a lesser extent the Sorceress) are no longer sexy supermodels and wanting to bring that back.

At least be honest about what you want out of this."

Still in here putting words into people’s mouths eh? Well at least you’re not bored.

18 Likes

Im not waiting anymore. Its time to make pressure.
Already got my refund. See you guys

28 Likes

I’ve been contemplating this too, but I am still hopeful.

It’s not a faithful adaptation to age the heroes 10-20 years. It breaks the lore.
Act 1 - Akara to Isendra : “Greetings, young Sorceress.”, “[…]Yet beware, young one” - Keyword, young.

Cassia, the Amazon was still young and vibrant enough after the events with the Worldstone, to journey back to Skovos where she would eventually train with the Askari for the coming rise of the demonkind. She spent enough time there to eventually ascend through the Amazonian caste to become their Warmatron. One of the highest ranks attainable for her people.
This goes back to my previous post:

If she was already mid-aged (and clearly haggard) the years it took her to rise through the Askari caste would have left her unable to become the Warmatron.

20 Likes

Today, I watched a newly released Rhykker video review of Diablo Immortal mobile game on Youtube. Now bear in mind that this game is set between D2 (and D2R) and D3. It is also not yet released and most likely will release after D2R.

The characters in the game are young, attractive and, to some, possibly even sexy looking. That is despite the fact that the character art is a bit more cartoony than D2R and much more akin to D3 art. This seems to blow the whole reasoning for the aged characters in D2R right out of the water. Characters in Blizzard games CAN still be young and relatively attractive to look at when playing a horror/battle based game. That is all many of us are asking for.

Please fix the character art in D2R!

28 Likes

I’ve said this before in other threads, arguing the Zon is ugly is subjective and is a completely loosing battle. What one person calls ugly another calls sexy. If you keep going on that she is ugly and that is the only problem, you can be summerly ignored for being a horny male pig that just wants to watch boobs flop around while you play. Your opinion won’t count for anything.

It also ignores that all of the characters are older. The Sin, Necy, Barb, Pally, Sorc and Druid are also older and more tired than they should be for running around the game constantly…Hell I almost feel more able to face hell’s minions than the barb looks.

The Char models are old, not ugly. Those of you who keep going off on ugly are in for a nasty shock when you get older.

6 Likes

I hope you are not addressing me because I am 67 years old. My whole complaint is about the the aged look of the characters and the manly features of the Amazon. As far as I am concerned the physique of all the characters are fine except the Barb should be at least half a head taller/bigger.

I have posted numerous times arguing that there is no plausible reason for the aging and I will continue to reinforce my point when I come across examples and evidence that contradicts the argument that they should look older (or that it is OK if they do).

29 Likes

Keith Parkinson “The Final Stand”

The Baba is freaking dying bruh. Necro be cursing the big bad. Sorc calling for help. Paladin coming to save the day…

Zon front and center.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the amazon thread was closed ?

Forum Moderator Note: If a topic has been closed, please do not open a new topic to discuss it.

6 Likes

Most likely because the discussion had been proven to be circular.
Both sides had been adequately heard.
No new points had been surfaced.
It was already publicly acknowledged as a point of reconsideration by Blizz/VV.
And it was an inflamtory subject to some.

Still there are multiple other threads on the topic (who basically had the same line of discussion) which are still open.
e.g.

2 Likes