Why is Into the Fray better than Bloodshed for WW barb?

I’m so used to Bloodshed being this insane DPS increase for barbs, but every WW guide I’ve seen says to take into the fray but never really even mentions bloodshed. Why is this?

1 Like

Rent can’t Crit with it’s from WW so bloodshed does not get proc from it only from ww damage into the fray make rend so bigger numbers because it factors the Crit

yeah but the question is , can bloodshed can proc out of hard cast rend. if so that would even make sense to use bulkatos over istvan. got to heal somehow on bloodshed ye

Rend can’t crit at all. It doesn’t matter how you apply it. Here is a post from SvR explaining more than you probably want to know about Rend.

2 Likes

Good answers so far.

TLDR: Rend + Bloodshed don’t syngergize. ITF is much stronger.

More info can be found in Part 1 of the guide: [Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20) - #478 by Free-1746

Question free in the guide it says bloodbath is the best dps but I feel like into the fray does more work for me which one is better in your opinion

1 Like

Bloodbath =! Bloodshed

Bloodshed is a Battle Rage rune.
Bloodbath is a Rend rune.

Bloodbath best Rend rune.
Bloodshed insane Battle Rage rune normally BUT can’t be triggered by Rend damage => no go for Rend.

=> Rend-Bloodbath + BattleRage-IntoTheFray [Dps] or BattleRage-SwordsToPloughshares [Surviveability]

2 Likes

Thank you so much I understand now